University of Kalyani Assistant Professor Recruitment for Open and Distance Learning. Notification for Recruitment of full time dedicated Assistant Professor in History for ODL.
Employment Notification: No. Rect./ODL/Hist./AP/Advt./01/2022 Dated 14.07.2022
Online applications are invited from Indian Citizens for the post of Full time dedicated Assistant Professor in History for Open and Distance Learning (ODL), University of Kalyani.
Detailed information and online application form will be available in the University Portal at www.kums.klyuniv.ac.in
Last date of application is 31.07.2022
|Name of the Post||Number of post||Specialization||Salary|
|Full time dedicated Assistant Professor in History for Open and Distance Learning (ODL)||1||Open||Consolidated Salary Rs.40,000/- per month|
(a) Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Masters Degree level in a relevant subject along with relaxation applicable to specified categories as explained in the Note -1.
(b) The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like NET/SET along with exemptions to specified categories as explained in the Note- 2.
Note 1: Relaxation of Marks for Recruitment of Assistant Professor:
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate Masters level for the Schedule Castes / Scheduled Tribes / Differently – abled (physically and visually Differently -abled)/ other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching position. However differently-abled (physically and visually) candidates are not eligible for any marks relaxation in Physical Education discipline.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
- All the essential qualification must have been obtained from a recognized University /Institute. By a University /Institute is meant a University /Institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies, or recognized by State or Central Government as a centre for higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the Degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Ph.D. in concerned subject is preferable.
Note 2: NET/SLET/SET Exemption for the post of Assistant Professor:
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. degree in the same or in relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for awardof Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 shall be exempted from the qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July, 2009 shall be exempted from the qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter; The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing ordinances/Bye laws/ Regulations of the institutions awarding the Degree in the same or relevant subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET. Subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:
(a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only.
(b) Evaluation of Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners.
(c) Open Ph.D. Viva-Voce of the candidate had been conducted.
(d) Candidate has published two research papers from his /her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal.
(e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
(a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean (Academic Affairs).
General instructions to the candidates
a. Application fees :Rs. 1000/- for General (non-refundable)
Rs. 500/- for SC/ST /OBC-B/OBC-A / PWD Candidates) (non-refundable)
b. Age: As per G.O. No. 1081-Edn(U)/1U-91/10 dated 15.12.2021
- A person working in Govt. / Semi Govt. / Public Sector undertaking must apply through proper channel.
- The University shall reserve the right to cancel the process of recruitment to any category of the above mentioned post without showing any reason whatsoever.
- The University of Kalyani shall reserve the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview / in any other form of selection process. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview. The decision of the University in all matters will be final.
- No informal correspondence from the candidates will be entertained in connection with the process of selection. Canvassing in any form will entail disqualification of Candidature.
- In case of improper information regarding the qualification/experience found at any stage, the candidature of a candidate shall be rejected.
Last date of application is 31.07.2022.