As directed by the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, University of Gour Banga, Malda and in pursuance to the Notification vide No. 706- Edn(CS)/10M095/14 dated 13th July, 2021 issued by the Deputy Secretary, Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal and on the basis of the Resolution of the Meeting with the Principals/Teachers in Charge/Officers in Charge of all the affiliated Colleges under University of Gour Banga, Malda, held on 20.07.2021, this is to notify all concerned that the Online UG Admission Process for the Academic Session 2021-2022 shall be processed in line with the Choice Based Credit System (CBCS).
In this connection, all General Degree Colleges affiliated to the University of Gour Banga, Malda are requested to maintain the guideline of the above mentioned Notification of the Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal, as hereunder for the Online Admission Procedure at UG Level for various courses of studies in different Colleges under UGB in the 1st Semester for Academic Session 2021-2022. The tentative schedule is as follows:
|1.||Publication of Admission Notice||Immediate after publication of the result of the Higher Secondary Examinations (WBCHSE)|
|2.||Date of opening of Online Portal for Application for UG Courses||02.08.2021|
|3.||Completion of Application in the Online Portal for UG Courses by||20.08.2021|
|4.||Publication of Merit Lists in UG Courses by||31.08.2021|
|5.||Completion of Admission at the UG Courses by||30.09.2021|
|6.||Start of 1st Semester of UG Courses on||01.10.2021|
The following steps are also resolved regarding the UG Online Admission Process for the Academic Session 2021-2022:
- The detail schedule of ‘On Line Registration’ for the Academic Session 2021-2022 shall be intimated later on by the University authority.
- Eligibility Criteria of admission for the Academic Session 2021-2022 for various UG courses of studies will be at par with the norms followed in Academic Session 2020-2021.
- Subject to the eligibility criteria, the merit lists for the General Courses will be prepared on the basis of Grand Total of best five subjects.
- Candidates qualifying in (10+2) Exam. with English as a Subject of the West Bengal State Council for Vocational Education & Training shall have to comply with Sl. No.: 6 and are eligible to get admission to B.A. and B.Com. General Course only.
- Student passing out only from the State Level and National Level Boards in regular mode will be allowed to take admission in Honours/General Course.
- The selection criteria and merit will be prepared as per the provisions of the University. The Merit Point Calculation will be done as follows:
Subject (opted for Honours) + Grand Total
(a) Subject to the eligibility criteria, the merit lists for the Honours Courses will be prepared as: Subject (opted for
(b) In case any candidate opts for an Honours beyond his subject combination (Except linguistic subjects) at H.S. (10+2) Level, the merit lists for the Honours Courses will be prepared as:
0 (Zero) + Grand Total
- 5% and 10% merit point will be deducted from total merit points credited to the students who have passed 12th Standard in 2020 and 2019 respectively.
- The Registration Fee will remain unchanged for the session 2021 – 2022. The University Sports Fee of Rs.10 (Rupees Ten) per student has been waived for the session 2021 – 2022, considering the nCOVID-19 situation.
- In case of doubts / confusions in preparing the Merit Lists or in any other respect whatsoever, clarification may be obtained from the University.
- All are hereby requested to maintain compulsorily their existing intake capacity as approved by the University.
- All are also requested to adhere to the COVID-19 norms/protocol, issued by the Government from time to time.
This is for your kind information please.
Official Website University of Gour Banga