University of Gour Banga Admission Post Graduate Academic Session 2022-2023. Notification of Post Graduate Admission (Provisional) Academic Session 2022-2023.
Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for admission to the following Post Graduate Courses under CBCS curriculum (2 years: 4 semesters) of the University of Gour Banga for the academic session 2022-23.
Applicants are instructed to read carefully the guidelines provided below and the eligibility criterion before filling in the application form online portal of the University (https://www.ugbadmission.in/).
Validity of application is subject to successful uploading of required documents and no change is allowed after final submission of online application.
Application form for admission to the various Courses is available only through online at the admission portal (https://www.ugbadmission.in/) of the University. Candidate interested to apply for more than one Course (Subject) will be provided with different choices of Subjects as per eligibility criteria in a single online application form.
In conformity with the notification of Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal (vide No. 507 – Edn(CS)/10M-95/14, dated 30.06.2022) the candidate need not to pay the application Fee for online form fill up.
|Sl. No||Name of the Course/ Subject||Eligibility/ Criteria||Intake Capacity|
|1||Arabic||Honours degree in Arabic under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|2||Bengali||Honours degree in Bengali under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|3||Botany||Honours degree in Botany under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||40|
|4||Chemistry||Honours degree in Chemistry under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||40|
|5||Commerce||Honours degree in Accountancy/ Marketing/Financeunder10+2+3 scheme of Examination||50|
|6||Computer Science||B. Sc (Honours) in Computer Science or Information Technology (IT)OR||40|
|B.Tech /B.E.in C.S.E/IT OR|
|BCA (Honours) and Mathematics as a subject in “10+2” (H.S. or equivalent) level.|
|7||Economics||Honours degree in Economics under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||50|
|8||Education||Honours degree in Education under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|9||English||Honours degree in English under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|10||Food and Nutrition||B. Sc (Honours) in Food & Nutrition/Dietetics/Food Science/Food Technology/Clinical Nutrition and Physiology/Biochemistry/Zoology/Botany/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Bioinformatics .||21|
|11||Geography||Honours degree in Geography (B.A./B.Sc.) under10+2+3 scheme of Examination.||40|
|12||History||Honours degree in History under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|13||Law||Five years B.A, LL.B. (General) / B.A, LL.B (Hons) /3 Years LL.B (Bachelor of Law) degree or its Equivalent degree from a recognized University.||21|
|14||Mass Communication &Journalism||3 years B.A in Journalism/B.A Hons. in Journalism &Mass Communication/Multi Media & Mass Communication /Mass Media/Film Making and Mass Communication.||21|
|15||Mathematics||Honours degree in Mathematics under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||90|
|16||Library and Information Science||Minimum three years Honours Graduate||21|
|17||Philosophy||Honours degree in Philosophy under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|18||Physics||Honours degree in Physics under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||40|
|19||Physiology||Honours degree in Physiology under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||21|
|20||Political Science||Honours degree in Political Science under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|21||Sanskrit||Honours degree in Sanskrit under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|22||Sociology||Honours degree in Sociology under10+2+3 scheme of Examination||100|
|23||Zoology||Honours degree in Zoology under 10+2+3 scheme of Examination||40|
SEAT MATRIX/INTAKE CAPACITY:
Intake Capacity for PG Admission-2022-23 (UGB Main Campus)
|Subject||Total Seats||80% for Home Candidates||20% for all candidates|
|Arabic, Bengali, Education, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology||100||80||41+2* =43||17+1* =18||7+1* =8||6||5||20||11+1* =12||4||2||1||1|
|Economics, Commerce,||50||40||21+1* =22||8+1* =9||4||3||2||10||5||2||1||1||1|
|Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Geography, Physics, Zoology||40||32||17+1* =18||6+1* =7||3||2||2||8||4||2||1||1||0|
|Mathematics||90||72||38+2* =40||15+1* =16||7||5||4||18||9+1* =10||4||2||1||1|
|Law, Library &Information Science, Mass Communicati on & Journalism, Food And Nutrition||21||17||8+1* =9||4||2||1||1||4||3||1||0||0||0|
|Physiology||0 [Since no UG course in Physiology has yet been started under The University of Gour Banga (Home University), hence 100% seats will be open]||21||11+1* =12||5||2||1||1|
Note: * denotes number of seats reserved for PH/PWD candidates.
- Candidates are requested to fill the Online Application Form carefully. The Name of the candidate and the parents shall be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature. The candidates are required to read the instructions carefully and furnish correct and authentic information. In case the information furnished at any stage of the application and admission process is found to be false or incorrect or if there is any discrepancy or mismatch between the information furnished by the candidate at the relevant section and the certificates/documents produced at the time of admission/ verification, the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified.
- The candidates will fill up the application form only through online portal. Online application will be available on University Website (www.ugb.ac.in) with a link of UGB PG ADMISSION https://www.ugbadmission.in/ on and from 1st September 2022 (10:00 a.m.) to 15th September, 2022 (Midnight).
- To submit the Online Application Form, students who have completed their Graduation degree within last three years (2020, 2021 & 2022), shall visit the online portal https://www.ugbadmission.in/ and get themselves registered first by putting an active mobile number and Madhyamik / Secondary Registration Number or UID with year of pass out. A unique USER ID and PASSWORD will be generated automatically and the candidate may proceed for further procedure. The USER ID and PASSWORD must be kept safe as they will be required during the entire process of admission. The given Mobile Number and an Email ID of the candidate must be kept active all time as they will be required for communication during the entire process of admission.
- During the procedure of filling in the admission form, students are required to upload scanned copies of his/ her recent front facing passport photo, signature, proof for date of birth, all relevant mark- sheets (Secondary, Higher Secondary, Graduation), category certificate (if any), PWD/PH certificate (if any) and valid Registration Certificate issued by the University, last Attended in the specified fields.
- If a candidate has filled-in more than one online application form for a single subject, the candidate’s last online application form only will be considered.
- After filling in the form with required information and uploading the necessary documents, the student can download the completed application form by signing in using the USER ID and password.
- Students are required to submit full marks and obtained marks only in different exams. For the purpose of submission of marks at Graduation level (for 1+1+1 system, NON-CBCS) the candidates are strictly instructed to submit full marks and marks obtained in Honours/Core/Major papers/subjects only (Except for LL.M. Course).
- In case of CGPA, conversion from the CGPA to the Percentage of Marks obtained by the candidate will be done by multiplying CGPA with 10 (ten), irrespective of any specific formulae of conversion of the concerned Degree given by the Board/University.
- Selection will be made strictly on the basis of merit as per marks obtained in Honours or equivalent examinations. In case of students securing equal percentage of marks in the said examination (tie situation), merit panel will be prepared considering their marks obtained by them in Higher Secondary (Class 10+2 standard) Examination and there after their marks obtained in Madhyamik (Class X standard) will be considered for rank comparison.
- Only those who have graduated with Honours (Except for L.L.M. Course) from a recognized University as per UGC under 10+2+3 system or equivalent examination within last two years (2020, 2021) preceding the current year (2022) are eligible for admission. Those who have passed their Honours on or before 2019 will not be eligible for application.
- Soon after the publication of the Provisional merit list, the University authority will seek intent/consent form (Online Form of Counseling or OFOC) from the candidates following a 1:5 ratio or up to 200th Rank of whichever is higher against the stipulated seats from the merit list as per Govt. rules of reservation for the purpose of short listing and smooth conduct of admission process. The submission of intent/consent form through the admission portal does not guarantee admission but refers the candidates’ intent to take admission, if selected as per merit panel. The final Provisional Admission List will be prepared on the basis of revised merit list after receiving the filled in intent/ consent within a specific time as mentioned in the schedule from the students. IF ANY STUDENT FAILS TO SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM OF COUNSELING OR OFOC WITHIN THE STIPULATED TIME, HIS/HER NAME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE PROVISIONAL ADMISSION LIST AND(S) HE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE ADMISSION. Separate call for submission of intent/consent (OFOC) will be made for different clusters of Home and Open category. Candidates under reserved category will be given the best available opportunity in case of multiple OFOC respectively for Home and Open category. Once the candidate is selected in one position, all other options will be closed.
- After depositing the requisite fees required for taking admission in Semester- I using various ONLINE modes by those students who will be enlisted in the Provisional Admission List. If a candidate fails to pay the requisite admission fee within the stipulated time, then the admission will be automatically cancelled. The candidate will not be considered for any further admission for the same subject.
- Final Admission will be confirmed only after depositing the requisite fees and successful verification of all academic testimonials.
- All communication related to admission will be communicated with the students through email and SMS. Therefore, students are requested to provide ACTIVE MOBILE NUMBER AND EMAIL ID of their own, and check the SMS inbox and email inbox on a regular interval. Updates will also appear in the Notice section of the admission portal and applicants are also requested to check the portal regularly. The University Authority and the Agency will not be liable for non-delivery of SMS and or EMAIL due to any technical failure from the end of the service provider.
RULES FOR PROVISIONAL PG ADMISSION 2022:
- As per order of the Government of West Bengal, 80% of the total Seats in each subject will be filled in only from the candidates from the affiliated colleges under the University of Gour Banga as per the merit list prepared on the basis of marks obtained in UG Honours Examination. Remaining 20% of seats will be open for the students of other Universities and those of Gour Banga University who are not considered within 80%.
- 100% seat will be open for all those subjects where there will have no home (University of Gour Banga) university candidates or no UG course has been started under University of Gour Banga.
- The existing students of the University of Gour Banga having valid University Registration Certificates can only apply under the Home Category. Students who have earlier graduated from the University of Gour Banga from its Affiliated Colleges and obtained Migration Certificates to study courses from other University will not be considered under Home Category.
- If any candidate suppress the fact of obtaining Migration Certificate and apply under the Home Category then the provisional admission offered to the candidate shall stand cancelled with immediate effect without assigning any further reason and the candidate shall stand disqualified.
- After final submission of Online Application, no information can be edited or modified by the candidate. However, a candidate may register grievance/dispute/discrepancies (if any) in provisional Merit List through email to be sent to [email protected] with scanned copy of supporting documents within the stipulated period. Any further modification or changes will not be considered.
- After exhaustion of the merit panel of Home University (80%) if any seats remain vacant, the remaining vacant seats (category wise) will be augmented respectively in the other University seats (20%) and vice versa.
- Seats will be reserved for SC (22%), ST (6%), OBC-A (10%) OBC-B (7%) and for Physically Handicapped/Challenged/PWD candidates 5% seats of each category (UR, SC, ST, OBC-A & OBC-B) will be reserved separately. In case of non-availability of PWD candidate, the seat reserved for PWD will be converted to respective Category.
- Quota for SC/ST will be considered as per Government Order (GO). Number of seats (SC-22%, ST-6%, OBC-A-10%, OBC-B-7%) will be calculated and considered separately for 80% seats of UGB students and 20% seats for Open Competition. Fraction of 0.5% or more will be rounded to the next whole number. SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B candidates from Other States will not get benefits of reservation and will be treated as General Category candidates in the Merit List.
- In case of non-availability of candidates of SC category, the seats reserved for SC may be converted to ST category and vice versa. In case of non-availability of candidates of OBC-A category, the seats reserved for OBC-A may be converted to OBC-B category and vice versa.
- Reassessment and Part not clear (PNC) cases will not be considered. Only the marks submitted at the time of application will be considered for merit list preparation.
- After online admission, Verification of documents will be done when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the documents are found not in conformity with the declaration in the forms submitted on-line. Verification of testimonials will be conducted maintaining protocol of Covid-19 Pandemic. Notice regarding verification of testimonials will be notified in due time.
- Admission shall be treated as cancelled if a student fails to attend 50% of classes during the first 15 (Fifteen) days from the commencement of classes.
- Every student shall be strictly bound by the University Act, Statues, Ordinances Rules and Regulations for prosecution of the respective course.
- A student shall attend at least 75% (Seventy Five) of the classes and tutorials held in a Semester to be eligible to appear in the Semester Examination.
- Relating to admission/ other admission related problems, only Hon’ble Calcutta High Court has got the exclusive jurisdiction.
FEES TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION:
|Subjects||Students of University of Gour Banga*||Other University Students|
|For Lab Based Subjects (Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Food & Nutrition, Geography, Library &Information Science, Mass Communication & Journalism, Mathematics, Physics, Physiology, Zoology)||Rs. 2800/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|For Non-Lab Based Subjects (Arabic, Bengali, Commerce, Economics, Education, English, History, Law, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit, Sociology)||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 2000/-|
* The existing students of the University of Gour Banga having valid University Registration Certificates.
The University will time to time follow the Orders/ Notifications issued by the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal, in this regard.
IMPORTANT DATES / TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
|Starting of Online Application Form Fill up||01st September 2022 (10:00 am)|
|Closing Date of Online Form Fill-up||15th September 2022 (Midnight)|
|Publication of Provisional Merit List||17th September 2022|
|Time of registering grievance/dispute/discrepancies (if any) in provisional Merit List (Only through email to be sent to [email protected] with scanned copy of supporting documents )||Up to 19th September 2022 (04:00 PM)|
|Final Publication of Combined list of all applicants as per merit||20th September 2022|
|Publication of the list of students from whom Online Form of Counseling or OFOC will be sought for the UR (Home) Category and Reserved (Home) Category||21st September 2022|
|Submission of Online Form of Counseling or OFOC for UR (Home) Category and Reserved (Home) Category||22nd September 2022|
|Publication of UR (Home) Provisional Admission List||23rd September 2022|
|Fee submission for UR (Home) and Reserved (Home) Category||Up to 25th September 2022 (Midnight)|
|Publication of the list of students from whom Online Form of Counseling or OFOC will be sought for the UR (Open) Category and Reserved (Open) Category||25th September 2022|
|Submission of Online Form of Counseling or OFOC for UR (Open) Category||27th September 2022|
|Publication of provisional Admission list UR (Open) Category and Reserved (Open) Category||28th September 2022|
|Fees submission for UR (Open) and Reserved (Open) Category||Up to 30th September 2022 (Midnight)|
|2nd /other Phase of online admission (if Applicable)||To be notified later|
|Commencement of classes||1st November 2022|
|The University Authority has sole discretion to modify any of the above schedules under unavoidable circumstances (if any). Please follow the website for updated information.|
HELP DESK (Technical Support):
Email ID: [email protected]
Contact Number: 7439739189 & 7439733953 (from 08.00 AM to 10.00 PM)
Merit List For PG Application 2022-2023 Published On 20-09-2022
Final Merit List
- Computer Science
- Food and Nutrition
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Political Science