The University of Delhi Admission to PhD Programs 2022-23. The admission of the candidates for Ph.D. Program is governed by the Ordinance VI and its amendments of the University of Delhi.
Schedule of PhD Admission
|Registration and Payment of Fee||May 23, 2022 to June 20, 2022|
|Delhi University Entrance Test (DUET 2022)||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
|Declaration of Entrance Test Results/ Grievance Handling||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
|Interviews/Presentation of Synopsis**||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
|Meeting of Respective DRC||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
|Meeting of BRS||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
|Ph.d. Program Work Commencement||TO BEANNOUNCED LATER|
TO BEANNOUNCED LATER at www.admission.uod.ac.in and at the websites of the respective Departments. The candidates are requested to visit the website at a regular basis.
For any general queries related to admissions, the Candidate may:
1. Post the query at ChatBot on Admission Portal (between 9:30 am to 5:30pm), on all working days except Saturday, Sunday and Government Holidays.
2. Write an email at [email protected]
3. Contact: Admission Branch, Gate no 4, University of Delhi, Phone:+91-11-27666073(between 10.00 am to 5.30 pm) on all working days except Saturday, Sunday and Government Holidays). 4. For Department specific queries, contact the respective Department.
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Buddhist Studies
- Department of English
- Department of Germanic & Romance Studies
- Department of Library & Information Science
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Modern Indian Languages and Literary Studies
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Persian
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Panjabi
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Urdu
- Department of Finance and Business Economics
- Department of Commerce
- Faculty of Education
- Department of Biophysics
- Department of Plant Molecular Biology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Electronic Sciences
- Department of Genetics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Physical Education & Sports Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Music
- Department of Operational Research
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Adult, Continuing and Extension Education
- Department of History
- Department of Economics
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Social Work
- Department of African Studies
- Department of East Asian Studies
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Anthropology
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Faculty of Law
- Department of Physics & Astrophysics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Environmental Studies
- Department of Geology
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Centre for Biomedical Research
- Department of Home Science
- Institute of Informatics & Communication
Registration Fee : University of Delhi Admission to PhD
Registration fee (non-refundable) for the written examination is the following:
|Unreserved/EWS and OBC(NL)||Rs. 750/|
Note: Registration fee will not be refunded/adjusted/charged back in any circumstances.
Note: Registration Fee is Non-Refundable
Eligibility Criteria : University of Delhi Admission to PhD
The criteria for qualifying examination for each of the Ph.D. Program is given in Program Specific Eligibility conditions for admission to Ph.D. Program.
The Departments/Centres of the University may ask the candidates concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition/equivalence of their degrees/ diplomas/ certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities/University Grants Commission/AICTE/Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) on his/her own for the purpose of admission in the Department/Centre.
Further, the cases of equivalence of degrees / certificates / diploma may then be put up before the University Authorities for further consideration and confirmation. However, the Certificates / Diplomas/ Degrees already recognized/equated by the University may not be referred for further verification.
ON-LINE REGISTRATION FEE FOR ADMISSION TO M.Phil./Ph.D. COURSES (2022-23)
- Prior to online registration, the candidates are advised to read the contents of the Bulletin of Information carefully and also consult the Delhi University Act, 1922 and its Statutes. The Ordinances, Rules, and Regulations of the University of Delhi available on the University website, www.du.ac.in would be binding on them.
- The admission of the candidates for Ph.D. Program is governed by the Ordinance VI and its amendments of the University of Delhi.
- University reserves the right to revise, amend, update, or delete any part of the Bulletin without giving any prior notice. Any change so made shall be updated on the Ph.D. Admission Portal. Changes made in any Program after the release of the Bulletin of Information shall become effective from the date it is posted on Ph.D. Admission Portal http://www.admissions.uod.ac.in.
- The candidates are advised to ascertain the Minimum Eligibility Criteria for the program(s) they are applying for. The candidate’s participation in the Admission Procedure will be provisional. If at any stage, it is found that he/she doesn’t fulfill the Minimum Eligibility Criteria, his/her admission, if granted, will be cancelled ipso facto, and appropriate legal action will be taken against him/her.
- In case of non-compliance with any of the requirements for admission including the non-submission of relevant documents and/or non-payment of fees within the prescribed date and time, the candidate will lose his / her right to admission.
- If at any stage, original documents relating to the admission of a candidate are found to be fake/ non-genuine or fabricated or in any other manner defective, the said candidate will not be admitted; and if already admitted, admission will be cancelled without any prior notice in this regard. If the same is found after the completion of Program, his/her degree will be cancelled and appropriate legal action will be taken against him/her.
- Candidates are responsible for regularly checking the portal for any updates. Grievances resulting from lack of reading / consulting this bulletin and information published/uploaded on the websites of the Department from time to time will not be entertained.
- Candidates must check the respective department’s website for details related to admission in Ph.D., including declaration of Admission Lists.