University of Calcutta P.G. Admission: P.G. Admission Notice (2021 – 2022)
For Admission to M.A./M.Sc./ Integrated BLibISc-MLibISc Courses of Studies
Faculties of Arts; Education, Journalism and Library Science
Website: www.caluniv-ucsta.net & www.caluniv.ac.in
University of Calcutta P.G. Admission: Online submission of Applications for Centralized Admission to the following Post Graduate Courses in the University Departments and affiliated Under-Graduate Colleges other than Autonomous Colleges of this University for the academic session 2021-2022 will go on from September 01, 2021 to September 15 , 2021. 3-Year B.A./B.Sc. Hons. or its equivalent Graduates of University of Calcutta and Autonomous Colleges and Other Universities graduating not earlier than 2020 are eligible to apply.
Important Dates – University of Calcutta P.G. Admission
- Submission of online application : 01.09.2021(05.00 p.m. onwards)
- Last date of online application submission : 17.09.2021
- Information Brochure
- NONCU Marks Calculation Sheet
- Sports Quota Notice
- Important Notice(Extension of Last Date)
DRAFT MERIT LIST(Part-A)-2021 – University of Calcutta P.G. Admission
Draft Merit List (Part-B) – University of Calcutta P.G. Admission
Admission Schedule – University of Calcutta P.G. Admission
|Sl. No.||Activity / Event||Dates|
|1.||Publication of Notification for Admission 2021||31.08.2021|
|2.||Online Submission of Application||01.09.2021 to 15.09.2021|
|3.||Publication of Draft Merit Lists (Courses under UCAC): Part A and Part B||16.09.2021|
|4.||Correction( if required) to be done by candidates themselves|
email using FORMAT 1 to the respective email address [email protected] (For M Com Candidates) [email protected] (For M A Candidates)
|16.09.2021 to 18.09.2021|
|5.||Publication of Provisional Merit Lists – Part A(CU) and Part B(Non-CU) after correction (without office verification)||20.09.2021|
|6.||Next Event/ Activity of the Admission Process||To be notified in due time|
|7.||Commencement of 1st Sem Classes||Last Week of October, 2021|
N.B.: The Schedule of Admission is subject to change depending on the situation and will be notified accordingly. Candidates are requested to check the website regularly for any updates. Helpdesk Emails: [email protected] (For M Com Candidates) [email protected] (For M A Candidates)
Candidates who have appeared at the final year/ semester examinations and awaiting for results are also eligible to apply with a condition that they have to produce their mark sheets before the generation of merit list. The portal will be available since afternoon on 01.09.2021.
Faculties of Arts; Education, Journalism and Library Science
A. Courses bearing following Sl. NO. 1 to 25 are offered directly in University Departments and Courses bearing Sl. No.26 to 61 are offered by the different UG colleges affiliated to this University.
University of Calcutta P.G. Admission
|Sl. No||Courses offered by the University Departments M.A. or M.A. / M.Sc./ Integrated BLibIsc-MLibIsc|
|1||Ancient Indian History & Culture|
|6||6 Comparative Indian Language & Literature|
|13||Islamic History & Culture|
|14||Integrated B.Lib. I.Sc – M.Lib.I.Sc.|
|15||Journalism & Mass Com|
|25||South & South East Asian Studies|
B. Courses bearing Sl.No.27 to 62 are offered by the different UG colleges affiliated to this University
|Sl. No.||Colleges affiliated to CU offering M.A. Courses|
|27||Bengali in Bethune College|
|28||Bengali in Lady Brabourne College|
|29||Bengali in Asutosh College|
|30||Bengali in Bankim Sardar College|
|31||Bengali in Behala College|
|32||Bengali in Charu Chandra College|
|33||Bengali in Jogamaya Devi College|
|34||Bengali in Fakir Chand College|
|35||Bengali in Rammohan College|
|36||Bengali in Vivekananda College|
|37||Bengali in Vivekananda College for Women, Barisha|
|38||Bengali in Women’s College, Bagbazar|
|39||Bengali in Gurudas College, Fulbagan|
|40||Bengali in Ramsaday College, Amta|
|41||Bengali in Nabagram Hiralal Paul College, Hooghly|
|42||Bengali in Bijay Krishna Girls’ College, Howrah|
|43||Bengali in Naba Ballygunge Mahavidyala|
|44||Bengali in Prabhu Jagat Bandhu College, Andul, Howrah|
|45||Bengali in Uluberia College,, Howrah|
|46||Education in Fakir Chand College|
|47||English in Bethune College|
|48||English in Lady Brabourne College|
|49||English in Moulana Azad College|
|50||English in Women’s College|
|51||English in Basanti Devi College|
|52||English in Narasingha Dutt College|
|53||History in Fakir Chand College|
|54||History in Behala College|
|55||History in Vivekananda College|
|56||History in Women’s College|
|57||Journalism & Mass Communication in Women’s College|
|58||Philosophy in Bijay Krishna Girls’ College|
|59||Political Science in Basanti Devi College|
|60||Political Science in Lady Brabourne College|
|61||Sanskrit in Bijay Krishna Girls’ College|
|62||Urdu in Moulana Azad College|
Candidates are requested to visit University Website on a regular basis.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Online enrollment details are available on the University website www.caluniv-ucsta.net/ & www.caluniv.ac.in
- 2.Candidates seeking admission to various courses of Calcutta University require applying online first.
- EVERY APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE HIS/HER OWN E-MAIL ID WITH CONFIDENTIAL PASSWORD
- On the HOME Page (the webpage which opens after you click on the admission link) please click on “New Admission” button.
- Kindly Download the Instructions by Clicking right bottom link on the page for ready reference and follow the guidelines during online filling of the application form.
- For New Applicant click on the blue button indicating “New Applicant? Create a New Account”
- Download the Instructions by Clicking right bottom link on the page.
- Password of the candidate will have to be given by the candidate and it should follow the following rules
- Password should be minimum 6 character and maximum 13 characters i.e. it should be between 6 and 13 characters
- There should be at least one UPPER CASE
- There should be at least one LOWER CASE
- There should be at least one NUMBER
- There should be at least on SPECIAL CHARACTER (!;@;#;$:%)
- Example of Password – “[email protected]”
- After filling up the form and clicking on the “Apply” button the candidate will receive an email with all the credential for login
- User Name (Your Application Number)
- The candidate will also be taken to Login Page where the Candidate will have to enter
- Application No (User Name Sent in Email)
- After entering correct credential (i.e. Application No & Password) the candidate will directed to enter OTP (obtained from Email). OTP will only be required for first time login only
- After entering OTP the candidate will be taken to the main Application Form
- Please remember your APPLICATION NUMBER & PASSWORD as those will be required for login to your Applicant Portal. If forgotten then can be obtained from the email received by the candidate
- No individual communication will be made. Candidates are advised to follow the notifications in the University admission portal regularly..
- Applicant shall choose the Course in which she/he wishes to apply based on the eligibility. The applicant is advised to check the eligibility of the Courses before making a choice. Candidate has to select all the course(s) with order of preference once at a time in a single application.
- Significance of order of preference: In some cases a candidate may apply for more than one course with order of preference. Candidate should give order of preference carefully. It may not be changed later. During selection process, all the options of candidate with higher merit will be considered first then the options of the next higher merit of the candidate will be considered. Once the candidate is selected in one option, all the lower options will be closed, keeping the higher options, if available, remains open for future chance. The preference 1 is higher than preference 2 and so on. The candidate should select the course as preference 1 which she/he thinks the best suitable one and intends to be admitted if she/he gets chance. Accordingly 2nd best course as preference 2 and so on.
- While filling up the form it is suggested to scan clearly the following documents as per the size given below
- Candidate’s Passport size photo – Size Max 50 Kb
- Candidate’s Signature (In English) – Size Max 30 Kb
- Self attested copy of Mark Sheets – Size Max 100 Kb
- In the mandatory upload section, the applicant has to upload clear scanned document of the following:
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Scanned signature of the applicant
- Self-attested copy of marks-sheet of qualifying examination.
- Please note that provisions are made to save the form in draft mode by clicking on “Save As Draft”.
- Before submitting, candidate can preview the filled up application by Clicking on “Preview” button
- User / Candidate can change or edit information in the Application as long as the Application is not submitted. Once the application is submitted candidate cannot change or edit or modify the information. Therefore candidates are advised to check the form carefully before final submission.
- After final submission of Application form the Candidate will be taken to Payment page. Candidates are required to pay the requisite fee through this online payment gateway only.
- All payments will be online payment through Admission portal. Amount cannot be altered.
- Payment is not refundable.
- Only Paid Applications will be accepted for further processing.
- Candidate shall take the print out of the admission form and keep it for future reference. Candidate will have to come to respective campus of Calcutta University on the notified date for verification of original marks sheet/certificates. The dates for documents verification will be informed through University website.
- The applicant will be solely responsible for providing information in the application form. In case of any discrepancy found during verification of documents, even after admission, the application/candidature may be subject to rejection.
- Over looking is not the right to claim.
For further enquiry please contact us at :