University of Burdwan Recruitment 2022 Various Teaching Posts. THE UNIVERSITY OF BURDWAN RAJBATI, BURDWAN – 713104
Advertisement No. 02/2022-2023 Dated 7th September, 2022
Advertisement for the appointment to the following teaching posts of the Department(s) of Arabic, Bengali, Botany, Chemistry, Foreign Language (Chinese), Computer Science, Economics, Education, Environmental Science, Hindi, History, Library & Information Science, Mathematics, Business Administration (Human Resource), Statistics, Santali, Sanskrit and Tourism Management.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for appointment of following 51 nos. of teaching positions in the following Subject(s)/Department(s) of The University of Burdwan, as mentioned against each in the ‘Table A’, in the Pay Structure as noted against each in the ‘Table B’ and other admissible allowances, as amended from time to time:-
Table – A
|Sl. No.||Name of the Subject/ Department||Professor (No. of Post along with Category)||Associate Professor (No. of post along with category)||Assistant Professor (No. of post along with category)||E-mail ID for submission of Application along with documents|
|1.||Arabic||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||1 post (SC- 1)||[email protected]|
|2.||Bengali||1 post (SC-1)||2 posts (SC-1, UR-PWD-1)||NIL||[email protected]|
|3.||Botany||2 posts (ST-1, OBC-A-1)||4 posts (ST-1, OBC-A-1, SC-2)||2 posts (SC-1, UR-PWD-1)||[email protected]|
|4.||Chemistry||1 post (ST-1)||3 posts (OBC-B-1, SC-1, UR-PWD-1)||2 posts (SC-1, ST-1)||[email protected]|
|5.||Foreign Language (Chinese)||NIL||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||[email protected]|
|6.||Computer Science||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||NIL||[email protected]|
|7.||Economics||1 post (OBC-A-1)||1 post (SC-1)||2 posts (OBC-A-1, UR-PWD-1)||[email protected]|
|8.||Education||1 post (UR-1)||1 post (SC-1)||NIL||[email protected]|
|9.||Environmental Science||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||NIL||[email protected]|
|10.||Hindi||1 post (UR-1)||NIL||1 post (SC- 1)||[email protected].in|
|11.||History||1 post (ST-1)||1 post (SC-1)||1 post (UR-PWD-1)||[email protected]|
|12.||Library & Information Science||1 post (UR-1)||1 post (UR-1)||2 posts (SC-1, OBC-A-1)||[email protected]|
|13.||Mathematics||NIL||1 post (SC-1)||2 posts (UR-PWD-1, OBC-B-1)||[email protected]|
|14.||Business Administration (Human Resource)||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||1 post (SC-1)||[email protected]|
|15.||Statistics||1 post (UR-1)||NIL||1 Post (OBC-A-1)||[email protected]|
|16.||Santali||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||1 Post (SC-1)||[email protected]|
|17.||Sanskrit||1 post (UR-1)||3 posts (SC-2, OBC-A-1)||NIL||[email protected]|
|18.||Tourism Management||NIL||NIL||1 post (UR-1)||[email protected]|
Table – B
|For Professor||Academic Level 14 [ Rs 144200- 218200/- ]|
|For Associate Professor||Academic Level 13 A [ Rs 131400- 217100/- ]|
|For Assistant Professor||Academic Level 10 [ Rs 57700-182400/- ]|
Prescribed forms to be downloaded from the University Website: www.buruniv.ac.in Price of forms for teaching posts:
Table – C
|For the posts of Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor||Rs 1,500/- (for General category)||Rs 1,000/- (for Reserved category)|
Payment be made only through NEFT in the designated a/c No. 10212631227 [IFSC SBIN0002033, Branch: Burdwan University, Beneficiary Name: The University of Burdwan] with State Bank of India (SBI). After making the NEFT, the candidate are required to attach the scanned/digital copy of the Fee Payment Receipt with the application form [containing UTR No. or Transaction Reference No. for enabling the University to track the payment (through UTR) made by the candidate]. Downloaded Form shall accompany with ‘Fee Payment Receipt’ of requisite price for the above noted posts. Completed application (with API, wherever applicable) in the prescribed form alongwith photocopies of two sets containing all credentials must reach the office of the Registrar, The University of Burdwan, Golden Jubilee Building, Nurse Quarter More, Purba Bardhaman-713104, West Bengal, India by 05:00 p.m. of 18.10.2022, to be submitted either by hand or
through Post Office/Courier Service (through proper channel, in case of already employed candidates). No application will be accepted after 05:00 pm of 18.10.2022.
In addition, soft copy of the application form along with all the credentials and documents [the attachment must be a single PDF file not exceeding 25 Mb, containing the Filled-in Application Form with the supporting documents necessary for column no. 5., 6., 7., 13., 14.a, 14.b.I, 14.b.II.(i, ii), 14.b.III (i,ii,iii,iv), 14.b.IV(i,ii,iii,iv), 14.b.V(i,ii,iii), 14.b.VI, 15.b.iii, 15.c., 16., 18., 20. & 21. of the Application Form & Annexure-I and also documents mentioned in Clause no. 10 of General Instructions. The PDF file name must start with the subject name as mentioned in Table-A, followed by an underscore ( _ ) and then candidate name, for example, politicalscience_applicantname] are to be submitted to the respective E-mail ID(s) mentioned against each Subject in the Table-A.
Applicants must have the minimum qualifications and experiences as per relevant latest recruitment guidelines and Memorandum of Government of West Bengal [No. 1081 – Edn. (U)/IU-91/10, dt.15/12/2021, based on UGC’s notification No. F1-2/2017, dt. 18.07.2018 notified in Gazette of India on 18/07/2018 & F 9-1/2010 (PS/MISC) Pt. Vol. 1 dt.11.10.21] for the direct recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the State-aided Universities.
Information relating to API (Academic Performance Indicator), wherever applicable, should be calculated as per latest Memorandum of the Govt. of West Bengal (vide No. 1081 – Edn (U)/IU- 91/10 dt. 15.12.2021) for the teachers in state aided universities is to be submitted as separate sheets supported with valid documents.
No TA/DA is admissible for attending the interview. It should be noted that possession of minimum eligibility shall not confer any right to be called for interview. Incomplete applications/ non submission of draft for price of form will be rejected. Selection shall not be confined to those who will apply formally.
Educational Qualifications: For all the posts:
Applicants must have the minimum qualifications & experience as per relevant latest recruitment guidelines and latest Memorandum of Government of West Bengal for the appointment of Teachers in the State-aided Universities.
A. Qualifications for the Post of Professor: Eligibility (a or b)
- An eminent scholar having Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 (ten) research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix-I, Table-1.
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in University/College as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidates.
An outstanding professionals, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not-included in 1a)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ of experience.
B. Qualifications for the Post of Associate Professor: Eligibility
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with a least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / Industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix-I, Table- 1 as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
C. Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Professor: Eligibility (a or b)
- A master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a concern / relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET etc. However, the exemptions in this regard are specified in Note 2.
- Essential Qualification for MBA: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and Master’s degree in Business Administration / PGDM / CA / ICWA / M.Com / Economics with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a concern / relevant
/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET etc.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign University / Institutions with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
- The Times Higher Education (THE) or
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
The academic score as specified in Appendix-I (Table-2A) shall be considered for short listing of the candidates for interview only as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018 and the selections shall be made on the basis of existing Government rules.
NOTE 1. Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor:
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) / other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions.
- The minimum qualifying marks of 55% is relaxable by 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master level for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s degree prior to September 19, l99l.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University / institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies, or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
NOTE 2. NET/SLET/SET Exemption for the Post of Assistant Professor:
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or Regulations, 2016 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11th July, 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter.
- The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye laws/Regulations of the institutions awarding the Degree in the subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET, subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted,
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal,
- Candidate has made at least twopresentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph. D. work.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University Concern.
Age: The upper age limit is 40 years on the 1st January of the year of the advertisement and relaxable up to 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category (non-creamy layer) candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Differently-abled candidates are entitled to an age relaxation of 10 years.
Reservation: The State Government norms regarding reservation as amended from time to time shall be followed.
General instructions to the candidates:
- Candidates applying for more than one post will have to apply separately for eachpost.
- Persons employed in Government / Semi-government organizations / Autonomous bodies should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ from the present employer at the time of the interview. However, they should also submit an undertaking to that effect along the application form. No direct application from such candidates will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC-A and OBC-B categories, whose caste certificate was issued more than one year ago, must produce a ratification certificate from the issuing competent authority that they do not belong to the creamy layer as on date of advertisement along with a copy of the previous certificate. For reservation for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B the certificates issued by the competent authority within the state of West Bengal shall only be considered valid. Such certificates issued by other states shall not be considered for the purpose of reservation. However, such candidates may apply as unreserved candidates.
- The university reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right of any candidate for being called for interview/in any other form(s) of selection process. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview. The decision of the university in all matters will be final.
- A candidate belonging to any reserve category who also desires to be considered for any unreserved post in addition to the post under Reserve Category will have to submit separate forms with requisite fees for UR posts and Reserve posts.
- All the original documents will be required at the time of interview for necessary verification (if called).
- No correspondence from the candidates will be entertained in connection with the process of selection. Canvassing in any form will entail disqualification of Candidature.
- (i) Appointment will be made on probation for one year. On satisfactorily completion of the probation period the incumbent concerned will be considered for being confirmation in service. (ii) Service conditions as will be notified by order of the Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal from time to time, will be applicable.
- Front Page/Page(s) with proper mentioning of ISBN/ISSN/DoI number of publications should be attached with the application form for the applicants for the post of Professor and Associate Professor and the original certificates and complete publications should be placed before the selection committee.
- Incomplete applications, applications without self-attested copies of certificates, applications without the requisite fees or applications received after the due date are liable to be rejected.
12. Candidates must write Advt. No. and “Name of the Post Applied For” on the top of the envelope for the post of Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor.
- Any dispute (s), subject to jurisdiction will be under the Hon’ble High Court at Calcuttaonly.