University of Burdwan Admission to 3 Year LL.B. (HONOURS) Session 2023-20256 min read
The University of Burdwan Admission to 3 Year LL.B. (HONOURS) Session 2023-2025. Online applications are invited from the eligible intending candidates for admission to the 3- year LL.B.(H) Course of Studies (Session 2023-2025) [BCI Session 2022-2023] under Faculty Council (Arts, Commerce, Law etc.), the University of Burdwan. Online form will be available in the University website (www.buruniv.ac.in) on and from 16.03.2023 to 31.03.2023.
- 1st step in form filling is to make payment of application fee of Rs.250/- through following link:
https://www.onlinesbi.sbi/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm AND proceed step by step
Step1 : Applicants are to select “Educational Institutions” under “Select Category”
Step2 : Search ‘The University of Burdwan” in the page reached through the link and
Step3 : Choose “APPLICATION FEES FOR LLB” in the dropdown under payment category and make payment as per the instructions.
Applicants are to keep a copy of the receipt of payment in either pdf or jpeg format for uploading in the designated field of online application form. Insertion of transaction id and uploading of receipt is mandatory in absence of which a form cannot be submitted.
- 2nd step in form filling is enrollment in Academic Bank of Credit (ABC) in National Academic Depository (NAD) and procure ABC ID which is mandatory as per the UGC order. (Link for the UGC Order : https://tinyurl.com/2j3dj75x )
For enrollment in ABC, applicants much click on the following link : https://tinyurl.com/2ol7fklm
- AFTER COMPLETING THE 1ST & 2ND STEPS AS MENTIONED ABOVE, THE APPLICANTS SHOULD FILL IN THE APPLICATION FORM THROUGH THE LINK MENTIONED BELOW :
ONLINE FORM LINK FOR 3-YEAR LL.B.(H) : https://tinyurl.com/2j4nfteq
- After successful submission of Application Form, all applicants will receive a copy of the submitted form and a receipt of submission in their registered e-mail id. In case, they do not receive any mail, then they would be able to download form and receipt through the following links alternatively : https://tinyurl.com/2jn6t6js
- On-line submission of application form by a candidate does not automatically ensure his/her admission to the programme.
- Candidates, engaged in any Job/Full-time Research Work, shall not be allowed to pursue this course unless NOC is provided by the appointed authority.
- Intake of students: Total Intake of the Different Centre of Studies
Subject: 3 Yrs. LL.B. (Hons.)
|Centre for Learning||Total Intake|
|Department of Law, The University of Burdwan||60|
|Hooghly Mohsin College||80|
|Bengal Law College||80|
|Amex Law College||120|
|George School of Law||120|
Final seat matrix will be published later on.
- Eligibility: For Unreserved Category candidates at least 45% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+3/10+2+4 pattern, for OBCA/OBCB Categories 42% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+3/10+2+4 pattern and for SC/ST Categories 40% marks in the Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+3/10+2+4 pattern or 45% marks in the Master’s Degree for all Categories.
- Age Limit: No age limit but the entire process including admission to the course shall abide by the judgment of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in WP (Civil) No.-1023/2016, which is still pending.
- Reservation: For the Department of Law, The University of Burdwan and Hooghly Mohsin College, 22% and 6%, of total seats will be kept reserved for SC and ST candidates respectively,
D.A. candidates will enjoy a 5% reservation in each of the categories, i.e. in SC, ST and in the Unreserved or UR category. There shall be provision for 01 (One) SP Quota in University Campus.
Read More: The University of Burdwan Ph.D Admission Notification 2022
Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribes: University of Burdwan Admission to 3 Year LL.B.
Reservation for SC/ST candidates for admission will be as per reservation rules vide Govt. Order No.: 07-Edn (U)/1U-89/13.- dated. 2nd January, 2014 “for admission to different courses, an SC or ST candidate getting admission should have obtained in the previous examination; qualifying marks not lower by more than 25% of the marks obtained by the last candidate of the general category.” Relevant Certificate must conform to West Bengal Govt. Memo No. 1813-BCW/MR-94/11 dated 20th June, 2011.Candidates claiming reservation against SC/ST and OBC-A/OBC-B(relevant certificate is required) quota of seats must submit relevant caste certificates issued in their favour by one of the authorities listed below:
- Deputy Collector of Land Revenue,
- Kolkata Collector of Stamp Revenue,
- Kolkata Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata,
- Addl. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata,
- Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Kolkata,
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate,
- Executive Magistrate,
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate,
- Sub-Divisional Officer,
- Deputy Collector,
- Addl. District Magistrate,
- Collector and District Magistrate within their respective jurisdictions in case of candidates claiming to be Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions.
Google News : https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqBwgKMJT8mgsw2IazAw
OBC-A & OBC-B:
There is no reservation for OBC-A/OBC-B candidates for admission to 3-year LL.B. (Honours) Course of Studies as per the rules of the Bar Council of India. But if any candidate belonging to OBCA/OBCB category, having less than 45% marks in graduation, intends to apply for admission to 3-year LL.B. (Honours) Course of Studies, he/she must have to upload his/her OBCA/OBCB certificate, issued by the competent authority under the Govt. of West Bengal to avail the benefit available for the OBCA/OBCB candidates for eligibility criteria.
The candidates seeking admission under this category must upload along with the online application for admission to the course, a valid certificate issued by an appropriate authority not below the rank of Superintendent of Sub-Divisional Hospital. In the certificate, the mentioned extent of Physical Disability must not be less than 40%.
Sports quota will be available only for the candidates who are pass-out of the University of Burdwan seeking admission. Candidates seeking admission against Sports (SP) quota of seats must have to upload certificates for their participation in National or Inter-University Sports and Athletic competitions (not earlier than Madhyamik level) and physically fit for representing the University team in AIU Games as per AIU norms. If in the SP category more than 1 (One) candidate qualifies then the ranking in Sports quota will be made on the basis of higher marks obtained in the Grade Points (GP).
Mode of Selection for Admission: University of Burdwan Admission to 3 Year LL.B.
“Seats will be filled up on the basis of Grade Points (GP) to be calculated by adding 40% of 3-years Graduation Marks for candidates having successfully completed 3-years/ 4-years Graduation degree under 10+2+3 or 10+2+4 pattern with 30% each of H.S. and Madhyamik or equivalent examinations’ marks. The graduation marks to be considered for computation will be as follows:
- Aggregate percentage of Honours marks for Honours candidates and aggregate percentage marks of all papers/courses studied in graduation for other candidates will be considered.
- For candidates who have completed graduation under CBCS pattern, the percentage of marks converted from CGPA as per the conversion formula of the concerned university will have to be mentioned.”
In all cases of the equal Grade Points, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Graduation, is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
In case of the uniform score in the concerned graduation marks, the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Higher Secondary Examination is to be considered and calculated for determining the higher position in the merit list.
Google News : https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqBwgKMJT8mgsw2IazAw
If the percentage of Higher Secondary marks is also being the same, the percentage of Secondary Examination will be considered for ranking. If, at all these stages, performances of more than one student are found to be same, then final decision regarding selection of candidate will be referred to Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, B.U. for order.”
The University also reserves right to drop or include any name if any suppression of facts on the part of the applicants or any mistake in the calculation of grade point is detected at any stage before and after admission.
- Rules of The University of Burdwan, Govt. of West Bengal & BCI will be followed for admission to the above-mentioned course of studies.
- Provisional Admission will be made through physical counselling on the basis of merit and the date of the counselling will be notified later on.
- 3-Year LL.B. (H) Admission 2023-25: Payment of Fees of Application Form
- 3-Year LL.B. (H) Admission 2023-25: Enroll yourself in Academic Bank of Credit (ABC)
- 3-Year LL.B. (H) Admission 2023-25: To Apply, click here
- 3-Year LL.B. (H) Admission 2023-25: Print LL.B. Admission Form
- 3-Year LL.B. (H) Admission 2023-25: Information sheet