UGC-NET December 2020 and June 2021 cycles Instructions and Procedure for online submission of Application Form. Public Notice Dated: 10.08.2021 Opening of the online portal for submission of Online Application Form for June 2021 UGC-NET.
National Testing Agency (NTA)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), which is now known as Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GOI) has established the National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, autonomous, and self-sustained premier testing organization under the Societies Registration Act (1860) for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions
The NTA has been entrusted by the University Grants Commission (UGC) with the task of conducting UGC-NET, which is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
University Grants Commission (UGC)
The University Grant Commission (UGC), is a Statuary Body of Government of India, Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education, constituted under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956), vested with two responsibilities: that of providing funds and that of coordination, determination and maintenance of standards in institutions of higher education. The UGC`s mandate includes:
▪ Promoting and coordinating university education.
▪ Determining and maintaining standards of teaching, examination and research in universities.
▪ Framing regulations on minimum standards of education.
▪ Monitoring developments in the field of collegiate and university education; disbursing grants to the universities and colleges.
▪ Serving as a vital link between the Union and state governments and institutions of higher learning.
▪ Advising the Central and State governments on the measures necessary for improvement of university education.
University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET)
UGC-NET is a test to determine the eligibility of Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
The selection of candidates for the following Fellowships of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Minorities Affairs is also made through the UGC-NET:
• National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students (NFSC)
• National Fellowship for Other Backward Classes (NFOBC)
• Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (MANF)
Candidates aspiring for the Fellowships listed above, shall also have to apply for the Test.
Pattern of Examination
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of objective type, multiple choice questions. There will be no break between papers.
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||MCQ||Total duration|
|I||100||50||The questions in Paper I intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate||03 hours (180|
All the questions
|II||200||100||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate and will assess domain knowledge.||same|
Mode of Examination
The Examination shall be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
Instructions and Procedure for online submission of Application Form
- Please read the Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling the Online Application Form.
- Candidates should apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through official website https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- Examination Fees
|General||Rs. 1000/- (One Thousand)|
|OBC-(NCL)/EWS||Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred)|
|SC / ST / Person with Disabilities(PwD)/Transgender||Rs. 250 /- (Two Hundred Fifty)|
Service Charges & GST (as applicable) will be charged extra by the Bank.
4. Application Procedure: 3 Simple Steps to be followed to apply online
|Step 1:||Register for Online Application Form and note down system generated Application Number. The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and is also required to create PASSWORD and choose Security Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with the respective system generated Application Number and created Password.|
|Step 2:||Complete the Application Form Candidate can login with the system generated Application Number and created Password for completing the Application Form.|
|Step 3:||Upload Scanned Images of Candidate Photograph and Candidate Signature :|
The photograph should be recent and coloured or black/white (but clear contrast).Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.Note : Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction will not be given.
|Step 4:||Pay Examination Fee by Debit/Credit Card/UPI/Net Banking/PAYTM :|
The candidate has to select Debit card/Credit card/UPI/Net banking/PAYTM option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the candidates have to approach the concerned bank for refund of amount. However the candidate has to make another payment/transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
THESE STEPS CAN BE DONE TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY ALSO.
5. Important Instruction about PASSWORD
- During online form filling, candidate will be required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and its Answer. Candidate is advised to record/remember their password for all future logins.
- The Password must be as per the following Password policy.
- For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with their respective system generated Application Number and the chosen Password.
- Candidate is advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither NTA nor NIC will be responsible for violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidate can change his/her passwords after login, if desired.
- Candidate should remember to log out at the end of their session so that the particulars of the candidate cannot be tampered or modified by unauthorized persons.
6. How to reset your Password: The following options are available to reset Password
7. The Application Number printed on the computer generated Confirmation Page must be mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application number printed on the Confirmation Page.