UGC launches Shodh Chakra initiative to help Research Scholars. Research is a systematic investigation of a problem or question. The process of research implies various components in accordance with appropriate research methodology based on the type of research problem or question.
It is a continuous process to bring societal changes and ease the life of human beings. Research allows researchers to pursue their career in their area of interest. There are 950+ universities in India.
Each of these universities are involved in teaching and research in a variety of disciplines. Managing and monitoring research activity is a time-consuming task that requires a lot of effort to aggregate various information at one platform.
It is a need of an hour to manage research activity with the use of the latest tools and techniques to complete the research work within the stipulated time.
Shodh-Chakra is an initiative of Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) Centre under the guidance of University Grants Commission (UGC) to help the academic community during their research life cycle.
Shodh-Chakra provides a unique space to the researcher, guide/supervisor and university to manage the research lifecycle of a research scholar. This will work as a digital workspace wherein researchers can collect, store, organize and cite their research work.
The Shodh-Chakra would help researchers to create their profile and manage their preferences. The process of using the portal starts with signing an MoU between University and INFLIBNET Centre.
The university/institute has to provide valid information of the researcher and supervisor.
Further, researcher can login into system and avail the features of Shodh-Chakra. The system will generate login credentials to researchers, supervisors and universities.
|Researchers||Guides / Supervisors||Universities|
|> Profile Management|
> Knowledge Resources
> Assistance for Literature Work
> Resource Aggregation
> Publications (Workshops & Conferences)
> Reference Management
> Interaction with Guide
> Thesis Submission
> Profile Management
> Work Progress Tracking
> Interaction with Researchers
> Knowledge Resources
> Profile Management (Researcher & Guide)
> Communication / Intimation Module among Researchers, Guides and University
> Work Progress View
> Report Generation
Objectives of Shodh-Chakra
- To provide consistent support to the researchers;
- To provide single point access to all the research needs of higher education institutions in India;
- To provide dedicated platform for search, store, organize and manage literature;
- To supply bibliographic information of millions of scholarly communications through the single platform;
- To provide research support to the academic community by amplifying the latest tools for conducting research;
- To empower and educate research scholars in conducting research work;
- To provide interactive platform between guide and researcher;
- To provide single point access to view research activity of all research scholars;
- To understand the research trend across the universities;
- To provide a single portal for managing researcher, guide, and university’s research activity;
Features and Functions
- The Shodh-Chakra creates and maintains research profile of scholar(s) & guide(s);
- It provides access to more than 3.5 lakhs full-text theses;
- It helps researcher(s) to find out relevant literature from millions of scholarly articles from Shodhganga, Google Scholar, IRINS, Crossref and other databases;
- Store, collect, organize and manage scholarly resources in a personalized resource space known as My Library;
- It stores information of Scholarship/Fellowship received by a researchers and other administrative details of the researchers;
- Single search box to find out resources using keywords from major metadata fields;
- The Shodh-Chakra provides access to pre-populated Knowledge Resources that are useful sources of information for a researcher before beginning the research work. (Shodhganga, MOOCs Module on Research Ethics, etc.);
- It gathers information of upcoming seminars/workshops and conferences in all the fields across the country on participatory approach;
- It has a unique feature to mark the favourite resource so that it can be referred in future while preparing the manuscript;
- Reference management tool (Zotero) is integrated with a portal that will help researchers to manage resources;
- It also facilitates researchers to annotate the resources;
Visit Official Website: https://shodhchakra.inflibnet.ac.in