Tripura Public Service Commission Advertisement regarding recruitment of Assistant Professor, Group-A Gazetted, Govt. (General) Degree College in Tripura under Education(Higher) Deptt.
Online applications are invited from bonafide citizens of India for selection of candidates for recruitment to 40(forty) vacancies [SC-05,ST-16& UR-19] in the following subjects of Assistant Professor, Group-A Gazetted, Government (General) Degree Colleges under the Education (Higher) Department, Government of Tripura in the scale of Revised Pay of Rs. 57,700( 57,700- 1,82,400/– in the Academic Level-10 of the Pay Matrix of 7th CPC in the subject/disciplines as mentioned below:
EDUCATIONAL & OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
(I) ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
A (i) A Master’s Degree with 55% of the marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned / relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidates should have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/ SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil/ Ph. D Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph. D programme prior to July 11, 2009 shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ By Laws/ Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph. D candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph. D degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph. D thesis has been evaluate by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph. D viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph. D work, out of which at least one in a referred journal;
c) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph. D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar
agency. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
(B) The Ph. D degree obtained from a Foreign University/ Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (1)Quacquarelli Symonds(QS) (ii) The times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
Note:- NET/SLET/SET shall not be required for such Masters Degree Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/ SET. (e.g. Kokborok and Engineering discipline).
(II) RELAXATION ALLOWED
A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as the Master’s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Differently abled a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, Leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d)Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e)Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace marks procedure.
A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph. D Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid. The time taken by candidates to acquire M. Phil and /or Ph. D Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion.
(III) DESIRABLE: Knowledge in Bengali or Kok-borok.
Age:- Maximum 40 years as on 04/05/2022. Relaxable by 5(five) years in case of SC/ST/PH candidates and Government servants. However, the SC/ST/Govt. Servant will not get the further relaxation of 5(five) years over and above relaxation of 5(five) years which they are already entitled to get as SC/ST candidates.
In pursuance of GA(P&T) Department memo No. F.20 (1)/-GA(P&T)/18 dated 20.08.2018 one time relaxation in upper age limit to enable them to participate once in the fresh recruitment process subject to providing documentary evidence of their participation in the earlier recruitment processes for the same post (s) for all category candidates will be allowed. In the instant case such age relaxation will be applicable for the candidates of Physical Education, Commerce and Mathematics.
The last date of submission of online application is 04.05.2022 (upto 5.30 PM). The application (s) received after the closing date will not be entertained.
Selection procedure; The selection procedure will be governed as per Annexure-A & Annexure-B of the notified scheduled of the post of Assistant Professor Government General Degree Colleges.
Other Important infor
1. Online Application Portal:
(a) Candidates will have to submit application through Online Application Portal only. The Commission will not entertain any hard copy application. Before submission of online application, read carefully the instruction to candidates.
b) Online Application Portal will be available on Commission’s website from 05/04/2022 to 04/05/2022 (6.30 PM). Before applying for the post, an applicant shall register his/her bio data particulars through One Time Profile Registration (OTPR) on the Commission’s Website via tpac.tripurs.gov.in. Once applicant registers his/her particulars, a User ID ia generated and sent to his/her registered mobile number and email ID. Applicants need to apply for the post using the OTPR User ID through the Commission’s websites.
(c) Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he/she must ensure that the application with latest Receipt Number is complete in all respect.
(d) In case of multiple applications, the application with latest Receipt Number shall only be entertained by the Commission and fee paid against one Receive Number shall not be adjusted against any other Receipt Number.
2. (a) Candidates are required to submit self attested copy of certificates in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Permanent Resident Certificate/Citizenship Certificate, Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes, Experience Certificates, API score (as per Annexure A) and others, if mentioned in the application in the receipt section of the TPSC Submission of such documents will be allowed up to 10(ten) days of closing date of receipt of Online application i.e. within 19.05.2022 along with printed copy of Online Application falling which candidature will be treated as cancelled. The Commission will not entertain any application thereafter.
b) Applicants must be in possession of the prescribed minimum qualification(s). Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. On scrutiny of documents, if a candidate found ineligible as per terms & condition of the Advertisement (including prescribed Recruitment fee) his/her candidature will be rejected.
3. (a) Group-A Posts: Rs. 400/– (Rupees Four Hundred) only for General Candidates and Rs. 350/-(Rupees three Hundred and Fifty) only for ST/SC/ BPL card holders/Physically Handicapped Candidates. Recruitment fee so deposited, is non-refundable.
(b) SC/ST Candidates of other States are not recognized by the Govt. of Tripura.
(c) If a candidate submits incomplete application in respect of terms & condition of the Advertisement and without requisite recruitment fee, his/her candidature will be rejected.
4. SC/ST Candidates of other States (not recognized by the Govt. of Tripura) should apply for unreserved vacancy as general candidate along with recruitment fee prescribed for general candidates
5. If the application is not routed through proper channel, at the day of interview candidates will have to submit ‘no objection’ certificate failing which his/ her candidature will not be considered for preparation of final merit list. In that no-objection certificate, it is to be clearly mentioned that your employer has ‘No-objection’ if you are considered for recruitment to the post for which you have applied for.
6. Decision of the Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate at any stage of the selection process shall be final.
7. Candidates are instructed to visit the Commission’s website for information regarding steps of recruitment process time to time.
8. Mobile Phone/Electronic Gadgets etc. are banned in the Campus of the Examination Premises /Interview Premises. Any Phone/ Electronic Gadget found in possession of any candidate in the Examination Premises /Interview Premises shall be confiscated forthwith and he/she may be debarred from appearing at the Examination /interview and also for the Examination(s)/Interview to be conducted by the Commission in future Violation of such instruction will be dealt as per Law.
9. Entry in the Examination hall/ Interview Premises with Jacket, Coat, Pull over & this type of garments will not be allowed.
10. Information in details regarding the posts are available in the Commission’s Website
Selection Procedure for the post of Assistant Professor in Government (General) Degree Colleges, as per latest UGC Regulation:
1. The overall selection procedure shall incorporate transparent, objective and credible methodology of analysis of the merits and credentials of the applicants based on the weightage given to the performance of the different relevant parameters and his/her performance on a grading system proforma, based on Appendix -ii, table 3B of the UGC Regulation, 2018 as amended.
2. The Academic score as specified in Annexure-II, Table 3B for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates (Maximum 5 candidates for each post notified) for interview.
3. TPSC shall constitute selection Committee and fix qualifying cut off marks (if any) for interview as per UGC Guideline 2018 as amended time to time.
4. As per State’s New Recruitment policy vide Notification No.F.20(1)-GA (P&T)/18 dated 05 06.2018, maximum of 10% weightage of total marks may be allocated for the Interview/ Personality Test for selection purpose. Accordingly 10 marks for Interview/ Personality test is fixed for the post of Asstt. Professor, Govt. (General) Degree Colleges.
5. Merit list will be formed by TPSC aggregating the 90% of marks obtained by the candidate as per API score and interview marks scored by the candidate and following other instruction in the latest guideline.
6. Five members, including three subject experts, shall constitute the quorum of the Selection Committee.