Haldia Dock Complex (HDC), Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (erstwhile Kolkata Port Trust) (SMP-K), intends to engage 4 (four)** Asstt. Manager – HR on contract basis under Personnel & Industrial Relations (P&IR) Division / Administration Division, HDC at Haldia. The detail of eligibility criteria for such contractual engagement is given below: –
[** The number of engagement are indicative only. The same may increase / decrease in future, as per actual requirements]
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age : Not exceeding 45 years (The date of determining the age limit shall be the last date of receipt of application.).
- Essential Qualification & Experience:
A Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/ Institution. Desirable
i) Post Graduate Degree / Diploma in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations / Social Work / Labour Welfare or allied subjects or Degree in Law from a recognized University/ Institution.
ii) Two years’ experience in executive cadre in the field of General Administration / Personnel, Industrial Relations, etc. from an Industrial / Commercial / Govt. Undertaking.
- Working knowledge of Computer application / Internet / Social Media.
- Selection Methodology:
The selection will be based on Written Test, Computer Based Skill Test, GD, Interview, etc.
- Remuneration: The candidate will be paid a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 45,000/- (Rupees Forty five thousand only) per month with yearly increment of Rs.1400/- (Rupees One thousand four hundred only). (Under revision)
General Instruction to the Candidates
Interested candidates, fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria and agreeable to the terms and conditions given below, may apply in the pro forma given here under with one recent passport size photograph and self-certified photocopies of relevant certificates / testimonials.
Application in sealed envelope, superscribing “Application for contractual engagement to Assistant Manager – HR under HDC”, should reach the Office of the Sr. Dy. Manager (P&IR), Haldia Dock Complex, Jawahar Tower, 6th floor, P.O.: Haldia Township, Dist.: Purba Medinipur, W.B. PIN: 721607, by August 09, 2022.
Mere fulfilment of the eligibility criteria will not confer any right upon the candidate for selection. Management reserves the right to cancel the selection process without any reference to the candidates. Incomplete applications, or applications received after the last date, may not be entertained.
General terms & conditions for Asstt. Manager – HR (on contract):
- The engagement will be for a period of 2 (two) years and on expiry of the said period, the contractual engagement will be automatically terminated. However, on expiry of the contract, HDC / SMP-K reserves the right to enter into a fresh contract for such period and on such terms as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties.
- The selected candidate, depending upon place of posting, will be responsible for :
- Responsible for performing the functions of Asstt. Manager in the areas of Wages & Salary administration, compliance of Labour Laws, Training & Development, Industrial Relations, Disciplinary issues, Manpower issues (viz. appointment, promotion, contract engagement, seniority, confirmation, etc.), Settlement of dues, Legal issues in service matters, IR activities, Welfare, Canteen and Contract Labour, etc,
- Responsible for performing PR related activities, Coordination for all PR matter with all divisions of HDC-SMPK, CPRO KDS, IPA & Ministries, Complete handling of social media for HDC, SMP-K, Preparation for events, Prepare reports, presentation, collecting data for statistical analysis, etc. for events, Collecting, sorting, publishing photos & videos of events, Event management coordination including Dignitary visit and various other routine events like Independence Day, Republic Day, Woman Day celebration, Vigilance awareness week, etc.
- Responsible for performing all requisite IT assistance for Chairman & Dy. Chairman, like online / physical meetings, conferences, trainings, webinars, emails, computer application, presentations, Liaison with IT Unit for smooth working of network connectivity issues, Ensuring IT equipment / assistance are ready during dignitary visit, capable of handle & operate ERP / EBS modules and other e-platforms.
- The candidate will be paid a consolidated remuneration of Rs. 45,000/- (Rupees Forty-five thousand only) per month with yearly increment of Rs.1400/- (Rupees One thousand four hundred only). (Under revision)
- The selected candidate will have to work full time for 5 days in a week with normal weekly off-days (Saturday & Sunday). However, in case of necessity, he may be required to work on Saturdays also and for which no compensation, monetary or otherwise, will be allowed. In exigency of work, he may also be booked on Sundays / Holidays, for which appropriate relief may be considered, as per the discretion of the Competent Authority. He will also have to attend emergency calls as per requirement, beyond your normal duty hours without any extra remuneration for the same.
- The selected candidate will be entitled to 15 days leave in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement), which shall be availed of with prior approval. For any absence, in excess of 15 days, pro-rata deduction will be made from the consolidated remuneration.
- Additionally, leave on medical ground, to the extent of 10 days in a year (12 months from the date of engagement and proportionate in case of shorter period of engagement) on illness, may be allowed without any deduction from the remuneration, on the basis of certification from HDC / SMP, Kolkata Medical Officer. Intimation of sickness should be reported to the Head of the Division / Reporting Officer forthwith, in writing, together with the certificate of illness from a Registered Medical Practitioner, in addition to verbal intimation over phone.
- The selected candidate would be entitled to indoor & outdoor medical facilities as are available in the Port Hospital at Haldia for self & spouse and a maximum of two children upto the age of 25 years. However, no reimbursement for medicine / medical articles purchased from outside, diagnostic tests done outside or treatment received outside will be allowed. This restriction will not apply for treatment of any injury sustained due to accident occurred in course of and arising out of engagement.
- The selected candidate may avail of the facility of HDC accommodation (unfurnished) on payment of license fee / rent, as applicable. Electricity charges for the said quarter shall have to be borne by the selected candidate, at actuals.
- The selected candidate may be required to work at any place / office within the jurisdiction of HDC / SMP, Kolkata.
- If the selected candidate is required to go on official tour, the candidate will be entitled to TA / DA, as applicable.
- The selected candidate will normally report to either Sr. Dy. Manager (P&IR) / Sr. Dy. Manager (Admn) depending upon place of posting. However, the candidate may be required to report to any other officer of HDC, in exigency of work.
- The selected candidate would be entitled to avail the canteen facility of HDC.
- The selected candidate would be allowed the transport facility of HDC.
- The selected candidate shall be responsible for charge and care of HDC / SMP, Kolkata’s money, goods and stores and all other property that may be entrusted to him / her and he / she will be accountable for the same.
- The contractual engagement may be terminated by giving 3 months’ notice from either side or equivalent to 3 months’ remuneration. However, the engagement is terminable on 24 hours’ notice for unsatisfactory performance and for any act considered to be derogatory / detrimental to the interest of HDC, SMP, Kolkata.
- The candidate will have to submit character / antecedent certificate in the prescribed proforma.
Trade Test for selection to the post of Female Nurse (on contract) under Medical Division, Haldia Dock Complex
Trade Test Venue : Port Hospital
Haldia Dock Complex
P.O. – Haldia Township Dist. – Purba Medinipur Pin – 721607
Date of Test : July 25, 2022 and July 26, 2022
Reporting Time : 10.30 hrs.
Selection methodology :
Selection will be made through trade test (qualifying in nature) followed by Written Test of 50 marks and pass marks being 25. However, management reserves the right to change/modify the selection methodology.
General Instructions to the candidates :
- Call letter for Trade Test have been issued to the prima-facie eligible candidates both by speed posts and also by e-mail. If the candidate does not receive call letter by post, she may also take a print out of the e-mail (soft copy) of the call letter.
- The candidate must bring the call letter and also a set of all relevant certificates / testimonials in support of her eligibility (both original and photo copy) along with her at the time of appearing for the trade test. No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination centre without the call letter.
- Candidate must carry at least one photo bearing IDENTITY PROOF in original and a copy of the same, viz. Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter Card, Pan Card, Identity Card issued by Govt. Organisation, to the examination centre, failing which, SHE MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO APPEAR FOR THE TRADE TEST.
- The candidate should reach the test centre/venue at the respective date and reporting time. Late comers will not be permitted to appear in the test.
- The call letter alongwith affixed passport size photograph will be collected before the commencement of trade test and therefore the candidate is advised to keep one photocopy of the call letter for her own reference.
- The candidate is requested to comply with COVID-19 related safety protocols for the examination i.e. wearing of Facemask properly, carrying of water bottle and hand sanitizer before entering into the examination venue.
- Candidature for the test is provisional and subject to fulfilling all the eligibility conditions as indicated in the advertisement. Receipt of call letter by the candidate is not to be construed as acceptance of the candidate’s eligibility for selection. If, at any stage, it is found that the candidate is ineligible for trade test / written test or at any subsequent stage, her candidature will be rejected.
- Request for change of venue will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Ans. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port
The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to rename Kolkata Port as Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port.
Ans. Kolkata is a freshwater port with no variation in salinity.
Opened : 1870
Operated by : Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Authority
Owned by: Syama Prasad Mukherjee Port Authority, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Government of India
Type of harbor : Coastal breakwater, riverine, large seaport
Ans. The Port Trust is an autonomous body governed under the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963. Appointment to the post is made by the Central Govt. under section 3(1) (b) of the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963.