Graphene and Advance Materials Research Group (GAMRG) at Sunway University Malaysia is currently seeking a postdoctoral fellow with a strong backgound and interest in Machine Learning, data analysis and visualisation to join a dynamic team of researchers with board backgourds in material synthesis, electorichemical energy stroage and heat transfer fluids.
the research is focused on applying Machine Learning and Al to the analysis of sample material data sets and in designing the experiments as part of a data-driven science initiative to accelerate optimisation workflows. In addition, themes that will be explored include the use of Machine Learning and ANN for Materials Science Characterisation data sets, Hybrid Prediction, Decision making, Hyperspectral mapping, Design of Experiments, Data Visualisation, and Dimensionality reduction. The solutions generated will be implemented in developing experiments, discovering and optimising new materials for energy harvesting, storage, and conversion applications.
Duties and Expected Outcomes
- Collaborate with members of a diverse projects team and external partners to ensure research directions can lead to lasting impact in application domains.
- Participation in the design and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant issues related to material synthesis.
- Willing to learn and implement new skills.
- Ability to work independently and to exercise own initiative where required.
- Undertake regular reviews of the latest literature in artificial inteligence and machine learning.
- Publish results in relevant international scientific venues (Q1 journals and conferences).
- Interpret and present research findings in artificial intelligence and Machine learning to the stakeholders.
- Able to deliver the project KPIs and handle the management of research projects.
- Able to prepare research proposals that encourage industry partnerships and grant projects at the national and international levels.
- Good oral, numerical, and written communication skills.
- Able to guide and support postgraduate and undergraduate students.
- Other related duties as directed.
The candidate should possess a PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Material Engineering, or a related technical field.
Knowledge and Experience
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge and practical experience in implementing Machine learning- based solutions/projects. In particular, the candidate should have strong knowledge and expertise in:
- Date Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Programming tools such as R, Python and Tensor Flow.
How to Apply
A complete application must include:
- Cover letter
- Research statement and a list of topics of particular interest to the candidate (250 words)
- Strategy for applying research grants and industry partnerships (250 words)
- Full CV, including work experience, list of projects , and publications.
Follow Website: https://university.sunway.edu.my/