St Stephen’s College Recruitment 2022 Assistant Professors. Applications are invited in the prescribed format for filling up of the following permanent posts of Assistant Professors at Academic Pay level 10 with entry pay of Rs. 57700 as per the 7th CPC pay matrix in addition to other applicable allowances.
The online application form can be filled from the web-link https://recruitment.ststephens.edu and submitted online. The last date for receipt of the application is 19.08.2022 or two weeks from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News, whichever is later.
|S. No.||Subject||Total Vacancies||Unreserved||Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)|
PwBD: Persons with Benchmark Disability LD – Locomotor Disability.
PwBD candidates may approach the helpdesk set up at the College in case they require any assistance in filling up the application form.
The College is a Christian Minority Institution and the eligibility criteria, essential qualifications and pay scales for the above posts shall be as per the rules of the University Grants Commission Regulations 2018/University of Delhi without prejudice to the minority rights enjoyed by the College.
Qualifications for the post of Assistant Professor
- For the disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Sciences and Languages.
Eligibility (A or B):
- A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant /allied subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR (exemption from NET shall be granted in accordance with clause (ii) & (iii) of General Note in the last section of this document).
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the world University ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) The Academic Ranking Of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note: The academic score as specified in the screening guidelines for the Colleges of the University shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
(Kindly refer to General Note in the next section of this document)
i) The direct recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors in the College shall be on the basis of merit through all India advertisements and selection by the duly constituted Selection Committees.
ii) The National Eligibility Test (NET) shall be the minimum eligibility for the appointment of Assistant Professor.
Provided that candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2009, or the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulation, 2016, and their subsequent amendments from time to time, as the case may be, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor in the University.
Provided further that the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree. Allsuch Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in the Colleges subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from her/his Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on her/his Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
(iii) The clearing of NET shall not be required for candidates in such disciplines for which NET has not been conducted.
(iv) A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the master’s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the PwBD candidates in the category of Locomotor Disability (LD) including leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy.
The eligibility of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed), wherever specified, and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
(v) A relaxation of 5% may be provided (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
(vi) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the master’s level shall also be considered eligible.
(vii) The time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. and/or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions. Further the period of active service spent on pursuing research degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave, shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion.
(viii) The number of candidates to be called for interview for the teaching posts in the Colleges, shall be determined after screening of applications in accordance with the guidelines laid down in the Screening guidelines annexed with this advertisement.
(ix) (a) No person shall be appointed to the post of Assistant Professor in the Colleges, if such person does not fulfill the requirements as to the qualifications for the appropriate post laid out herein and in the Ordinance XXIV of the Ordinances of the University.
(b) Those entering the service as Assistant Professor having a post-doctoral teaching/research experience, after obtaining a Ph.D. degree and proven credentials, maybe eligible for a discretionary award of advance increments to be given to the person, as decided and recorded by the Selection Committee in the minutes of its meeting. Discretionary award of advance increments is not applicable to those entering the profession as Assistant Professors who are entitled for grant of advance increments for having acquired a Ph.D., M.Phil. or M.Tech. and LLM degree.
(x) For those entering the service in the College, other stipulations prescribed by the UGC/University shall be mandatory for all posts so far as they are not in conflict with the character of the College as a minority educational institution.
General Instructions for Applicants (Advertisement for College Faculty Positions)
1. All applicants are required to apply online in the prescribed format with complete, correct information and attachments. The applicant will be solely responsible for the authenticity of the submitted information. Applicants are required to fill the application form as available on the link https://recruitment.ststephens.edu
The details regarding qualifications, experience, screening guidelines etc. are available on the College website: https://www.ststephens.edu under the link Recruitment of Assistant Professors.
The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
2. Applicants should possess the prescribed qualifications and experience as on the closing date of application, as prescribed by the University for the Colleges from time to time. The posts advertised carry UGC pay scales plus admissible allowances. The posts are being advertised keeping in view the broad areas of specialization in subjects. However, the subject concerned may have specific requirement of specialization.
3. The applications received shall be screened as per screening guidelines attached with this advertisement for shortlisting and recommending the applicants to be called for interview.
Mere fulfilment of the qualification or the eligibility criteria does not entitle an applicant to be necessarily considered or called for interview.
Publications ‘under submission’ or submitted to referees will not be considered towards calculation of marks for publication criteria. Further, all the items for which marks are claimed should be strictly in accordance with the screening guidelines attached with the advertisement.
The minimum score requirement for shortlisting of applicants for the post of Assistant Professor is indicated in the screening guidelines attached herewith.
4. Application fees and application form(s) are to be submitted as per the details given below:
- Fees for Assistant Professor is Rs.500/- for UR category.
- No application fee will be charged from applicants from PwBD category and Women applicants.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit cards.
- Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
5. In order to avoid last minute rush, the applicants are advised to apply early. In case of any persistent technical issue, the applicants can E-mail their problem at: [email protected]
6. The reservation for applicants from Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories will be applicable as per UGC/Central Government norms.
a) Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for PwBD category must upload the necessary documents justifying the claim of reservation as per Govt. of India lists/rules/norms. The certificate uploaded should be in the format prescribed by the Union Government and should be digitally verifiable.
b) In case the applicant wants to claim benefits under the PwBD category, the applicant’s relevant disability should not be less than 40 per cent. Proof to this effect in the form of a valid Disability Certificate must be uploaded with the application.
c) If the relevant certificates for reserved category are not uploaded with the application, the application may be rejected and no appeal against its rejection will be entertained.
7. Consequent upon adoption of self-certification provisions as required by the Govt. of India, the College shall process the applications entirely on the basis of information/documents uploaded with the application. In case the information/documents are found to be false/ incorrect by way of omission or commission, the responsibility shall lie solely with the applicant and the applicant shall be liable for action as per law.
8. The Shortlisted candidates called for interview should report along with all the testimonials/certificates in original along with valid photo ID (Aadhar/Voter Id/Driving License/Passport). A set of self-attested photocopies of certificates/testimonials with respect to the qualifications, experience, and category as applicable, indicated in the online application form, duly certified by the applicant should be submitted at the time of the interview.
9. Applicants serving in Government/Public Sector Undertakings (including Boards/ Autonomous Bodies ) are required to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, at the time of the interview, if not uploaded with the online application earlier. The NOC should also indicate the vigilance clearance from the parent department.
10. All correspondence from the College including interview letter, if any, shall be sent only to the E-mail address provided by the applicant in the online application form.
11. Applications which do not meet the eligibility criteria given in this advertisement and / or are incomplete in any respect shall be summarily rejected. Before applying online, applicants are advised to go through the detailed notice available on the website of the College.
12. Applicants must NOT furnish any particulars that are false, tampered or fabricated, or suppress any material/information while submitting the online application and uploading self-certified copies/testimonials.
13. The College further reserves the right to amend the number of posts or not to fill any of the posts mentioned in the advertisement at its discretion without assigning any reason thereof.
14. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of the Interview may also be filled up from the available shortlisted candidates.
15. The College will verify the antecedents of the applicant at the time of appointment or anytime during the tenure of the service. In case it is found that the documents/information submitted by the candidate is false or the candidate has suppressed relevant information, the services of the candidate shall be terminated without prejudice to any other action initiated by the College.
16. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of the offer letter, the College reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the applicants.
17. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the College shall be final. Applicants are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
18. No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending the interview.
19. The last date for submission of the form shall be as specified in the advertisement.
20. Canvassing in any form will be treated as a disqualification.
21. Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of Delhi
This notification supersedes all other advertisements in this regard.
Posts reserved for PwBD candidates will be filled before the other posts.
Candidates already in service must apply through proper channels.
The College reserves the right to change the number and nature of posts and not to fill up any or all the vacancies advertised.
Note: The details regarding qualifications, publications, experience, screening/shortlisting guidelines etc. are available on the College website https://www.ststephens.edu along with this advertisement under the link Recruitment of Assistant Professors. The applicants are required to read these details before filling up the form.
Any addendum/corrigendum shall be posted only on the College Website.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. This is a fresh advertisement which supersedes all other advertisements in this regard. Therefore, you need to apply again against this new advertisement and are required to pay the application fee as specified in this advertisement
Ans. Application forms have to be filled only in online mode, as available on the College website along with the present advertisement, within the prescribed time limit indicated in the advertisement. No offline forms would be accepted. Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit card.
Ans. Yes. Separate forms will have to be filled for each faculty position.
Ans. Mandatory fields are indicated by a red star (*) adjacent to the name of the field
Ans. Besides Indian citizens, those who have acquired the status of Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) and have necessary documents in support of the same can also apply
Ans. Application fees are to be submitted as per the details given below:
Fees for Assistant Professor is Rs.500/- for UR category.
No application fee will be charged from applicants from PwBD category and Women applicants.
Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Payment should be made online only, through credit/debit cards.
Applicants applying for more than one post/department must apply separately and pay fees separately.
Ans. The online proforma has provision for marking the reservation category of the candidates on following two parameters:
Under the Head: “Select Category for the position in which you are applying”, in the online application, status as Unreserved (UR), as applicable is required to be marked.
Under the Head, ‘PwBD Category’, in the online application, status as Not Applicable/Locomotor Disability (LD), as applicable is required to be marked