Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute, Belur Math, West Bengal
Ph.D Admission Notification 2022 (Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy)
School of Mathematical Sciences:
Department of Computer Science:
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Big Data Analytics (also known as Data Science)
- PhD in Computer Science – Applications invited
Department of Mathematics:
- MSc in Mathematics
- PhD in Mathematics – Applications invited
- PhD in the area of Nonlinear Dynamics, Dept. of Mathematics
- Post-doctoral fellowship in Mathematics
Department of Physics:
School of Indian Heritage:
Department of Sanskrit studies & Philosophy:
- 5 year Integrated MA in Sanskrit – Applications invited
- Integrated MPhil and PhD in Sanskrit – Applications invited
- Certificate Course in Communicative Sanskrit
- Certificate Course in Laghu-Siddhanta-Kaumudi
- Certificate Course in Siddhanta-Kaumudi
Department of Yoga:
- Certificate Course in Yoga and Naturopathy (CCYN)
- Certificate Course in Basic Ayurveda, Panchakarma and Naturopathy
- Outreach Programme in Yoga for Health and Well-being (6 months)
Certificate Courses in Indian Spiritual Heritage (Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads, Vedanta, Yoga, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Sri Ramakrishna, Sri Maa Sarada, Swami Vivekananda, etc.) : Click here to see the complete list of courses
Indian Classical Music:
- Certificate Courses in Indian Classical Music: Dhrupad (Vocal) – Applications invited
- Certificate Courses in Indian Classical Music: Pakhawaj (Percussion) – Applications invited
School of Rehabilitation and Sports Science:
Department of Sports Science:
Department of Yoga:
Admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme in Sanskrit for the academic year 2022-23
Applications are invited for admission to the PhD in Sanskrit Programme for the academic year 2022-23 from candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria.
- 65% marks in BA Sanskrit Hons., together with 65% marks in MA Sanskrit from a UGC recognized University. If the final semester results of the MA are yet to be declared, candidates may apply, provided they have 65% marks average in the first three semesters.
- In the current academic year admission is open to men only.
- Applicants should possess UGC NET-JRF (Junior Research Fellowship).
- Only full-time research scholars will be admitted, and not part-time scholars.
- Areas of specialization for the current year 2022-2023 will be Vyākaraṇa (Pāṇiṇi’s grammar), and Vedānta (with emphasis on Śāṅkara-advaita-vedānta). Candidates should, therefore, have had specialization in these areas at the Master’s level.
- Flawless writing ability and fluent speaking capacity in Sanskrit is sine qua non.
- Written test for 50 marks, followed by viva voce for the shortlisted candidates will be held offline. Original marksheets, etc. should be produced during the viva voce. List of selected candidates will be put up on the website: http://sanskrit.rkmvu.ac.in/
- Decision of the authorities of the Institute will be final in the matter of selection.
- Online Application Portal : https://isr.rkmvu.ac.in/admission
- New applicants have to first register on the Online Application Portal, then Login and Apply.
- After successfully submitting the application form, pay the Application fee (INR 500.00) online from the same Portal.
- While applying online, attach the scan copies of your passport size photo and mark-sheets.
- Once Application form is successfully submitted and fee is paid, Admit Card can be downloaded from the Online Application Portal and saved for future use.
Last date to Apply online : Wednesday, 30 Nov 2022
Total No. of Research Scholars to be admitted : 6
- Last date to apply : Wednesday, 30 Nov 2022
- Entrance Test : Friday, 2 Dec 2022 (10 am–12 pm)
- Viva Voce : Friday, 2 Dec 2022 (3 pm onwards)
- Publication of the list of selected candidates : Saturday, 3 Dec 2022
For any query you may like to contact:
Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
PO Belur Math, Dist Howrah 711202
Email : [email protected]
Mobile : 8230864238
(10.30 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday except public holidays)