Raiganj University Recruitment 2022 Professors / Asso. Prof. / Assistant Prof. P.O. Raiganj, Dist. Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, PIN-733134.
Applications (online/offline) in the prescribed format are invited from the eligible candidates for filling up various teaching posts at Raiganj University w.e.f. 02.05.22 to 02.06.2022.
Applications are invited in prescribed form/format within 02/06/2022 from bonafide Indian citizens for filling up of vacancies to the under mentioned teaching substantive posts:
- Professor: Physics, Chemistry, LLM, Education, Sociology, Statistics, Geography, History, Commerce, Sericulture and Political Science.
One original plus five photocopies of the application form duly filled up with all testimonials / documents, complete in all respects along with application fees of Rs.2000/- for Unreserved posts and Rs.1500/- for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ PH posts through bank draft drawn in favour of RAIGANJ UNIVERSITY payable at State Bank of India, Raiganj Branch, must be reached within 02/06/2022 in a sealed envelope to the office of the Registrar, Raiganj University, University Road, Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India PIN: 733134.
- Associate Professor: Botany, Economics, English, Physics, Sericulture, Chemistry, Sanskrit, Bengali, Microbiology, Education, Sociology, Computer & Information Science, Zoology and MBA.
One original plus five photocopies of the application form duly filled up with all testimonials / documents, complete in all respects along with application fees of Rs.1600/- for Unreserved posts and Rs.1200/- for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ PH posts through bank draft drawn in favour of RAIGANJ UNIVERSITY payable at State Bank of India, Raiganj Branch, must be reached within 02/06/2022 in a sealed envelope to the office of the Registrar, Raiganj University, University Road, Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, India PIN: 733134.
- Assistant Professor: MBA, Chemistry, Education and Mathematics.
It is noted that the application for the post of ‘ASSISTANT PROFESSOR’ to be submitted through ONLINE MODE within 02/06/2022. Photocopies of all testimonials, certificates and online generated form must be submitted at the time of interview (if and when called for the interview).
Application fees of Rs.1000/- for unreserved posts and Rs.750/- for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC- B/PH posts to be paid through ONLINE MODE.
Note: Those who have applied earlier vide. Advt. No: R-37/2021 Dated: 08/01/2021 for the post of Professor and Associate Professor (which are common in this advertisement) are requested to update information in the given format on the University’s website (as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018) and send the document to the following e-mail I.D within 02/06/2022 and multiple files will not be entertained.
Applications are invited for the following teaching posts:
Professor: Rationalized Entry Pay: Rs 1, 44,200/- (Level-14)
|Vacancy Code||Subject||No. of post||Category|
|Prof 15||Political Science||1||OBC-A|
Associate Professor: Rationalized Entry Pay: Rs 1,31,400/- (Level-13 A)
|Vacancy Code||Subject||No. of post||Category|
|AsoP 7||Physics||1||UR (PH)|
|AsoP 20||Computer & Information Science||1||SC|
Assistant Professor: (Rationalized Entry Pay: Rs 57,700/- (Level-10)
|Vacancy Code||Subject||No. of post||Category|
Minimum qualifications and experience as per UGC Regulations and State Government Orders:
Professor: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
- Eligibility (a or b)
- An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/ allied/ relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 (ten) research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in appendix-I, Table-1.
- A minimum of 10 years of teaching experience in University / College as Assistant Professor / Associate Professor / Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University / National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidates.
b. An outstanding professionals, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant / allied / applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not-included in A below) / industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he / she has ten years’ experience.
A. For the Disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Humanities, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Sciences, Languages, Library Science, Physical Education, and Journalism & Mass Communication.
Associate Professor: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
- A good academic record, with a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s degree with a least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / Industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria given in appendix-I, Table-1 as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
Assistant Professor: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
1. Eligibility (a or b): a.
- A master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a concern / relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET etc. However, the exemptions in this regard are specified in Note 2.
- Essential Qualification for MBA: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and Master’s degree in Business Administration / PGDM / CA / ICWA / M.Com / Economics with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) in a concern / relevant /allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET etc.
b. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign University / Institutions with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) The Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
The academic score as specified in Appendix-I (Table-2A) shall be considered for short- listing of the candidates for interview only as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018 and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
NOTE: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
- Relaxation of Marks for Direct Recruitment of Assistant Professor, Associate Professorand Professor:
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (physically and visually differently-abled) / other Backward Classes (non-creamy layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to teaching positions. However, differently-abled (physically and visually) candidates are not eligible for any marks relaxation in Physical Education discipline.
- The minimum qualifying marks of 55% is relaxable by 5% marks (from 55% to 50%) at the Master level for Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Masters degree prior to September 19, l99l.
- The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- All the essential qualifications must have been obtained from a recognized University/ Institute. By a recognized University / Institute is meant a University / institute affiliated to UGC/other statutory apex bodies, or recognized by the State or Central Government as a centre of higher learning. In case of a foreign University, the degree concerned should be recognized as equivalent to its Indian counterpart by the Association of Indian Universities.
- NET/SLET/SET Exemption for the Post of Assistant Professor:
- The candidates who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in the same or in a relevant subject in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or Regulation 2016 are exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test (NET/SLET/SET).
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. programme prior to 11 July, 2009 shall be exempted from qualifying in the Eligibility Test ( NET/SLET/SET) as described hereinafter :
The award of Degree to candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11,2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/ Bye laws/ Regulations of the institutions awarding the Degree in the same or relevant subject shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET, subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only.
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners.
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted.
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal.
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D work.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University Concern.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Master’s Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- Relevant/ allied disciplines in each case, good academic record may be decided by the appropriate bodies of the concerned university.
- The Period of time spent by the candidates to acquire M. Phil and/ or Ph.D. degree shall not be claimed or considered as teaching/research experience for appointment to the post of Associate Professor/ Professor.
- Composition of the selection committee and the selection criteria based on the candidates’ academic record, research experience, performance in his/ her previous academic/ research positions in the colleges/ universities/ research institutes/ industries and other related aspects may be decided by the appropriate bodies of the concerned university taking into consideration as far as practicable, the relevant guidelines of UGC in such matters.
- The overall selection procedure shall incorporate transparent and objective methodology of analysis of the merits and credentials of the applicants based on weightages given to the overall performance of the candidate in different relevant dimensions based on a scoring system adopted by the selection committee.
- In addition to the minimum eligibility criteria and experiences as stated above for each category of academic positions, the university may include other relevant qualifications / experiences.
Age limits: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
The upper age limit is 40 (forty years) on 1st January of the year of the advertisement in the first entry relaxable upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category (non –creamy layer) candidates for the post of Assistant Professor. Differently–abled candidates (except in the post of Physical Education) are entitled to an age relaxation of 10 years.
- The State Government norms regarding reservation as amended from time to time shall be followed.
General instructions to the candidates: Raiganj University Recruitment 2022
- Candidates applying for more than one post will have to apply separately for each post.
- Abbreviations used: UR – Unreserved, SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, OBC – Other Backward Caste, PH – Physically Handicapped.
- Persons employed in Government / Semi-government organizations / Autonomous bodies should submit their application through proper channel. They may, however, send an advance copy of the application. Those who are unable to process their application through proper channel may submit a ‘NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE’ from the present employer at the time of the interview. However, they should also submit an undertaking to that effect along the application form. No direct application form such candidates will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to the OBC-A and OBC-B categories, whose caste certificate was issued more than one year ago, must produce a ratification certificate from the issuing competent authority that they do not belong to the creamy layer as on date of advertisement along with a copy of the previous certificate. For reservation for SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B the certificates issued by the competent authority within the state of West Bengal shall only be considered valid. Such certificates issued by other states shall not be considered for the purpose of reservation. However, such candidates may apply as unreserved candidates.
- The university reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reason thereof.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for interview / in any other form of selection process. Only the short listed candidates will be called for interview. The decision of the university in all matters will be final.
- For all posts, proficiency in the medium of instruction in this University (English) is required.
- A candidate belonging to any reserve category who also desires to be considered for any unreserved post in addition to the post under Reserve Category will have to submit separate forms with requisite fees for UR posts and Reserve posts.
- All the original documents will be required at the time of interview for necessary verification (if called).
- No correspondence from the candidates will be entertained in connection with the process of selection. Canvassing in any form will entail disqualification of Candidature.
- (i) Appointment will be made on probation for one year. On satisfactorily completion of the probation period the incumbent concerned will be consider for being confirmation in service.
- Service conditions as will be notified by order of the Higher Education Dept. , Govt. of West Bengal from time to time will be applicable.
- Front pages of five best publications (at the maximum) should be attached with the application form for the applicants for the post of Professor and Associate Professor and the original certificates and complete publications should be placed before the selection committee.
- Incomplete applications, applications without self-attested copies of certificates, applications without the requisite fees, or applications received after the due date are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates must write Advt. No. and “Name of the Post Applied For” on the top ofthe envelop for the post of Professor and Associate Professor only.
- Any dispute(s), subject to jurisdiction the ‘CALCUTTA HIGH COURT’ only.
Prescribed format and the other details are available in the official website www.raiganjuniversity.ac.in
P.O.- Raiganj, Dt. Uttar Dinajpur,Pin-733134, West Bengal