Presidency University Admission to PhD Courses – 2022-23(July 2022 Cycle). PhD Admission 2022(July cycle).
Important Dates: Presidency University Admission to PhD Courses
Start date for applying online : 21st April, 2022
Last date for applying online : 2nd May, 2022(till 5pm)
Last date for paying application fee online : 3rd May, 2022(till 11pm)
Interview/test schedule : Will be communicated through email/ notice
Online Applications are invited from UGC or UGC – CSIR NET / NET – LS or DBT-BET (only for Institute of Health Sciences) qualified candidates for admission to the Ph.D. Programme of Presidency University in various departments for the session 2022-2023 commencing from July 2022.
Only completed online applications will be considered. Applicants are required to pay application fee after submission of online form within stipulated date. No application will be considered without payment of Application Fee.
Essential qualification: Presidency University Admission to PhD Courses
a) Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade. A relaxation of 5% of marks or an equivalent relaxation of grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/ Person with Disability (PwD) as per UGC guidelines.
b) UGC or UGC-CSIR NET/NET-LS qualified. DBT-BET qualified candidates are eligible to apply for Institute of Health Sciences only.
Application Fee: Rs 500 + applicable bank charges
Provisional Seat Matrix: Presidency University Admission to PhD
Department wise and category wise availability of seats are given below. Reservation of seats for Person with Disability (PwD) will be as per Department of Higher Education (University branch), Government of West Bengal order no 1084(20)-Edn(U)/EH/1U-89/13 dated 7th December, 2018. PwD seats are included in the total number of seats in respective departments.
|Sl. No.||Department/ School||UR||SC||ST||OBC-A||OBC-B|
|15.||Institute of Health Science (Newtown Campus)||4||1||1||1||1|
Available Research Areas/ Specialisations
a) Medieval Bengal literature & theory of literature
b) Drama, Fiction
c) Modern Bengali Poetry
d) Any other
Contemporary poetry, Poetics, Comparative Literature, Language, Folk lore, Criticisms, Poetry, Fiction or any other
Philosophy: Philosophy of Film and Literature , Philosophy of Gender Studies, Social-Political Philosophy, Western and Indian Logic
Political Science: Urban Politics Sociology: Open/Any
Chemistry: Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry
a) Financial Economics
b) Empirical Development Economics (Including Health Economics, Socio-Economic Mobility, Migration and Aspiration, Electoral incentives etc.)
c) Environmental & Resource Economics
d) Social Network Analysis
a) Hydrology/Fluvial Geomorphology
b) River Ecology/Fluvial Geomorphology/Physical Landscape Analysis/River Science (only for SC candidate)
c) Political Geography
d) Human Geography (only for OBCB candidate)
a) Impact of climate change on aquatic environment, marine ecology
b) Heart development and disease
c) Biotechnological improvement of crop plants
d) Antimicrobial activity of natural compounds and effect of mobile phone emitted electromagnetic radiations
e) Cell migration
f) Cancer molecular biology, Molecular toxicology, Using bioinformatic tools to understand cancer pathophysiology
g) Microbiology h) Cancer Proteogenomics
i) Environmental Toxicity Management
j) Cancer cell signaling, experience in bioinformatics and RNA seq data analysis. Preference will be given to those with proven experience in in vivo experiments.
k) Biochemistry of plant and animal systems
l) Molecular Microbiology (DNA replication, DNA topology modulators)
m) Structural biochemistry of photoreceptors – characterization and applications in protein design and engineering for optogenetics
n) Epigenetics in plants under stress conditions, Host-pathogen interactions
o) Protein Characterization, Screening and Efficacy assessment of Molecule(s) for ameliorating Chemotherapeutic Overdose
p) Insect-plant-pathogen interactions, Invasive plant ecology and biocontrol, Wildlife-human interactions under changing environment
Mathematics: General Relativity, Cosmology, Cryptology, Graph Theory, Differential Equations, Geometry and Topology, Lie Groups and Representation Theory, Dynamical Systems, Operations Research, General Topology, Fractal Geometry.
a) Solid State Energy storage device, Sodium Ion Batteries, Novel 2D materials
b) Quantum Optics (Theory)
c) Quantum information, Ultracold atoms in optical lattices
d) Planetary/Atmospheric Remote Sensing
e) Cosmology, Large Scale Structure, Galaxy Evolution, Active Galaxies, Astrophysics, Nuclear Physics
a) Nonparametric Inference
b) Statistical inference on manifold data
c) Test of hypothesis under curved exponential family
d) Robust Bayesian Inference e) Sequential Design
f) Survival Analysis
Institute of Health Sciences (vacancies are given specialisation-wise):
a) RNA biology (1)
b) Microbiology (4)
c) Plant biotechnology (1)
d) Reproductive Biology/Cell Biology (1)
e) Cancer biology (1)
Preference will be given to those with prior laboratory/research experience in the specified areas.
All applicants are required to upload a research proposal. Applicants may be shortlisted based on the research proposals/area of availability of guide in the proposed research areas. All eligible candidates will have to appear at an interview / test (online/offline mode), conducted by the Departmental Ph.D. Selection Committees of the University.
In interview, the candidates will be expected to discuss their research interests. Following the admission procedure, a list of qualified candidates (preferably mentioning their areas of research interest(s) will be published and displayed by the University through the official website.
Candidates selected for the Ph.D. Programme will be attached to the respective Department at the time of their provisional admission and will be required to enrol on payment of a non-refundable fee, determined by the University.
- Read the Admission Notification carefully before applying.
- Check the available departments and area of specialisations(if any) before applying.
- Category certficates need to be issued by the Competent Authority of Government of West Bengal
- Person with Disbility candidates should have at least 40% disability and certificate need to be issued by competent authority of Government of West Bengal
- Migration certificate will be asked immediately after provisional admission (will be notified).
- No Objection Certificate from the employer will be reqired immediately after provisional admission (will be notified).
- Write to [email protected] for any help.
- * marked fields are Mandatory fields.
- SIGN UP in the system only once.
- LOG IN to the system to apply.
- You can login several times into the system for applying.
- Enter all data in the application form and upload documents.
- Upload scan copy of the original documents only.
- Use SAVE button to save data or to upload documents. Use SAVE button time to time to save data or to upload documents.
- Once you save the form with completed required fields, the “Finalize the form” check box will be activated. Check the box to submit the form finally. After uploading of Essential documents the completed form can be submitted by selecting “Finalise the form” check box and by clickig “Apply” button.
- Remeber that, the submitted data can not be modified after you press the Apply button with checked “Finalise the form” box.
- Take the printout of the generated Application Form for future reference.
- APPLICATION LAST DATE 2nd MAY, 2022(till 5pm)
Application Form will be generated after successful verification of payment. Pay the application fee in the https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm. Following steps are to be followed to pay the application fees of Rs 500 + applicable bank charges. If the system does not display your application form after 3-4 working days of payment, you are required to check your payment status. Fees once paid can not be refunded under any circumstances.
Steps for payment of Application fee
- Click the above link
- Select the check box and click “Proceed” button
- Select State as “West Bengal” and Type of Institution as “Educational Institutions”. Click “Go” button.
- Select Educational Institutions Name as Presidency University
- Select Payment Category as “Application fees for PhD Admission”
- Enter Application Reference Number and other details and press submit. The application reference number will be generated after successful submission of the online application.
- Pay the fee and keep the payment receipt with you for future references.
- PAYMENT LAST DATE 3rd MAY, 2022(till 11pm)
- Note: Complete the application procedure as soon as possible. Remember that payment will not be accepted after payment last date, in case of ayment failure also.