Patna High Court Recruitment Library Assistant Recruitment Examination – 2022. Online application for appointment to the post of Library Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2022.
Helpline No. : +91-9513167660
Website : www.patnahighcourt.gov.in
Helpline e-mail : [email protected]
D LIBRARY ASSISTANT RECRUITMENT EXAMINATION, 2022 ADVERTISEMENT
Advertisement No.- PHC/03/2022
ated: 07th July, 2022
Date for commencement of submission of online application : 11th July, 2022
Last date for submission of online application : 24th July, 2022
Last date for making online fee payment : 26th July, 2022
Date of Examination (CBT) : 16th August, 2022 (Tentative)
Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for appointment to 20 (Twenty) vacant posts of Library Assistant (Group-C Post)” in Level–2 (`19900/- to `63200/-) of pay matrix of 7th PRC plus usual allowances as admissible under the Patna High Court Officers and Staff (Recruitment, Appointment, Promotion and Other Conditions of Service and Conduct) Rules, 2021 as amended from time to time in the Establishment of the High Court of Judicature at Patna (hereinafter referred to as ‘High Court’) initially on probation for a period of one year under the terms and conditions mentioned below :-
|Sl. No.||Category||Total numbe of posts||Horizontally reserved posts for women|
|2.||Scheduled Castes (SC)||3||1|
|3.||Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1||–|
|4.||Extremely Backward Classes (EBC)||4||1|
|5.||Backward Classes (BC)||2||1|
|6.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||2||–|
Out of total 20 posts, 01 (One) post shall be horizontally reserved for Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) candidates in their respective category.
Willing candidates may apply online through the link provided on the official website i.e. www.patnahighcourt.gov.in only. The Application Form through any other mode shall not be accepted. The link shall remain active from 11.07.2022 to 24.07.2022 till 23:55 hrs., after which the link shall be disabled.
Only one application shall be submitted by each candidate. In case, more than one Application i.e. multiple Application Forms are submitted by the same candidate, then the last application form correct in all respect shall only be taken into account for considering his/ her candidature.
Only such candidates shall be considered for selection who participates in all the stages of the Examination and no exemption shall be granted to any candidate including that of OH Category from appearing in any part/stage of the Examination for reasons whatsoever.
Number of Vacancies is purely tentative in nature and the High Court reserves the right to alter the same.
Eligibility Criteria :-
A candidate for recruitment to the post of Library Assistant must be-
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1972 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(c) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika) and Zambia with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to category (b) or (c) above must be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the State Government.
Provided also that, if a candidate belongs to category (c) above, no certificate of eligibility will be issued for a period of more than one year and such a candidate can be retained in service after a period of one year only if he has acquired Indian citizenship.
Note – A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary but the same has neither been issued nor refused, may be admitted to an examination and he/ she may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being obtained by him/ her or issued in his/ her favour.
(ii) Character :- The character of a candidate must be such as to render suitable in all respect for appointment to the service in the High Court. The decision of the Appointing Authority in this regard shall be final.
Note – Person terminated/ dismissed by the Government or by a Local Authority or a Corporation owned or controlled by the Government or convicted of serious offences (other than those punishable with only fine) by Court of law will be deemed to be ineligible for the recruitment.
(iii) Marital Status :- A male candidate who has more than one wife alive or a female candidate who has married a person already having a wife alive shall not be eligible for the recruitment.
(iv) Physical fitness :- No person shall be recruited unless he/ she is in good mental and physical health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance on his/ her official duties. Before a candidate recruited directly is appointed to the establishment, he/ she shall be required to produce a medical certificate of physical fitness issued under the signature of a Medical Officer (not below the rank of Deputy Superintendent of a Government Hospital) at the time of joining the post.
Provided that no person under Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) category shall be recruited unless he/ she is in good mental health and physically fit except to the extent of his/ her disability.
(v) Age limit :-
A candidate for direct recruitment to the post of Library Assistant must not be below 18 years of age as on the 1st January, 2022 i.e. a candidate must not be born later than 01.01.2004.
The category-wise permissible upper age limit is as follows:-
|Category Code||Category||Maximum Age|
|01||Unreserved & EWS (Male)||37 years (born not earlier than 02.01.1985)|
|02||Unreserved & EWS (Female)||40 years (born not earlier than 02.01.1982)|
|03||BC / EBC (Male & Female)||40 years (born not earlier than 02.01.1982)|
|04||SC / ST (Male & Female)||42 years (born not earlier than 02.01.1980)|
|05||OH (locomotor) (Unreserved/ EWS/ EBC/ BC/ SC/ ST)||47 years (born not earlier than 02.01.1975)|
Further, upper age limit for those in Government employment shall be relaxable by 5 years.
The age limit shall not apply to a person already serving in the establishment of the High Court or a person engaged on daily wages or those working in the Courts subordinate to this Court or placed on deputation.
CANDIDATES CLAIMING AGE RELAXATION IN MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY WILL BE ENTITLED TO ONLY ONE OF THE RELAXATION WHICHEVER IS MORE BENEFICIAL TO THEM.
Relaxation in upper age limit by virtue of their category shall be provided to the residents of Bihar only. Candidates availing such relaxation shall have to produce Domicile/ Residential Certificate alongwith their respective category/Caste Certificate at the time of document verification.
(3) Minimum Educational Qualifications :- The applicant must possess following essential educational qualification/Computer Qualification for the post of Library Assistant as on 01st January, 2022 :
(i) Intermediate in any discipline from a recognised Board/ University/ Institution.
(ii) Diploma in Library Science/ Library & Information Science (from a recognised Institution).
(iii) Diploma/ Certificate of at least six month’s course in Computer Application (from a recognised Institution).
(4) Preferential Qualification :- A candidate –
(i) who has served in the Territorial Army for a minimum period for two years, or
(ii) who has obtained a ‘B’ certificate of the National Cadet Corps
shall, other things being equal, be given preference in the matter of direct recruitment to the establishment.
(5) Reservation :- Vertical Reservation for Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Extremely Backward Classes (EBC), Backward Classes (BC) and Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) of the State of Bihar shall be applicable in following manner :-
|Category Code||Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|03||Extremely Backward Classes||18%|
|05||Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
Horizontal Reservation for Women candidates and Orthopedically Handicapped candidates shall be applicable in the following manner :-
|Orthopedically Handicapped (OH)||04%|
The posts reserved for women candidates under horizontal reservation category shall be filled up by male candidates of respective category if women candidates do not obtain the minimum cut-off marks fixed for them by the High Court or the number of women candidates is insufficient.
The selected OH candidates shall be adjusted against their respective category.
Benefits of caste based reservation shall be given only to the candidates who are domicile of Bihar subject to production of Domicile and Category Certificate issued by Competent Authority as recognized by Law or Relevant Rules of State of Bihar. The permanent address furnished in the application form shall be considered as domicile for the purpose of reservation.
If the applicant does not claim reservation or mention his/ her category in the proper place of application form, he/she will not be given the benefit of reservation. After final submission of the application form, any request with regard to change of category shall not be entertained.
The candidate who fails to produce Domicile/ Category Certificate shall not be entitled to the benefits of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as General (Unreserved) category candidates. In case of women candidates, caste certificate issued from father’s side shall only be treated as valid.
Candidates claiming reservation against SC/ ST category shall be required to submit Domicile Certificate and their respective Category Certificate issued by the competent authority as and when asked for.
Candidates seeking reservation under BC/ EBC category shall have to produce Non-Creamy Layer Certificate in addition to the Domicile Certificate issued by the competent authority as and when asked for.
Income and Asset Certificate issued by the competent authority for the year 2022-
23 has to be produced by the candidates who claim reservation under Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) Category, failing which they shall be treated as General (Unreserved) Category candidate.
Only such person would be eligible for reservation under Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) quota who is having not less than 40% (forty percent) of relevant disability. Applicants claiming benefit of reservation under Orthopedically Handicapped quota shall be required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority as per relevant rules as and when asked for.
Note: There is no provision for Scribe or extra time in any part/stage of examination for the Orthopedically Handicapped (O.H.) Candidates.
6. Mode of Selection :-
- Written test:- Multiple Choice Question Based Objective test
(ii) Computer Proficiency Test
- Minimum Qualifying Standard :- The minimum qualifying standard shall be :-
- 40% in Objective Written Test
- 30% in Computer Proficiency Test.
- Syllabus and Scheme of Examination :- Written test shall consist of the following subjects:-
i. Library Science / Library & Information Science (60 Marks)
- English Language and grammar : Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts.
- General Awareness & Reasoning :
- Questions so designed to test the knowledge of candidate regarding the current events of national importance, awareness towards General Science, Environment applicable in day to day life and awareness of knowledge of social importance.
- Questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy and Scientific Research.
- Questions relating to Bihar especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography,
Economic Scene, General Awareness
- Verbal reasoning of Higher Secondary Level.
Note :- (i) The question paper of Written Test shall be available in English language only.
(ii) There shall not be negative marking for incorrect answers in the written test.
- Examination Fee :- Candidates are required to pay the fee in following manner :-
Note:- (a) Payment of fee shall be accepted through online mode only.
- Application without prescribed fee shall not be considered.
- Examination Fee once paid shall not be refunded. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained under any circumstances.
- Concession of fee shall be provided to the SC/ST/OH candidates of Bihar only.
- Any kind of service, processing, transaction charges or any other amount charged by the bank for online transaction will be borne by the candidates.
Centre of Examination :-
- A candidate must indicate name of the City in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the Examination.
- Detail about the Cities in which Examination Centres are to be allocated, is as follows :-
|Sl. No.||Name of City|
- A candidate has to give option for two cities, in the order of preference. No request for change in Examination City/Centre will be considered later under any circumstances. Hence, the candidates should select the City carefully and indicate the same correctly in their applications.
- The High Court will endeavour to accommodate the candidates in cities opted by them. However, the High Court reserves the right to cancel any Centre/ City and ask the candidates of that Centre/ City to appear from any other Centre/ City. High Court also reserves the right to divert candidates of any Centre/ City to other Centre/ City in administrative exigency.
Procedure for appointment :-
- Selection will be made on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in written test(s) & Computer Proficiency Test and a select list/ panel (waiting list) shall be prepared accordingly. If the number of applicants is on the higher side, the High Court reserves the right to shortlist the candidates through screening or preliminary test.
- The High Court reserves the right to bring about changes in the selection procedure/ scheme of Examination.
- The dates of examination indicated in the advertisement are purely tentative in nature. Any change in the schedule of examination shall be brought to the notice of candidates only through the official website of the High Court. No personal communication shall be made in this regard.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking/ scrutiny of the answer sheet/ score. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
- If two or more candidates secure equal marks, the candidate securing higher marks in the written test will be placed above and if the marks obtained in the written test are also equal, then the candidate born earlier will be placed above.
- Such panel (waiting list) shall remain valid for a period of one year from the date of its approval by the Competent Authority and may be extended for another one year in case of exigency.
- Posts falling vacant during the currency of the panel may be filled up from the same panel.
- The appointee shall have to join within the period specified in the appointment letter. Joining time may be extended upon the satisfaction of the Appointing Authority.
Provided that the appointee who joins after the period specified in the appointment letter and beyond the extension period, if any, his/ her seniority shall be determined on the basis of his/ her date of joining.
General Instructions :-
- The High Court reserves right to alter the number of vacancies, modify Examination process and fix the minimum cut off marks without assigning any reason thereof. All instructions are to be complied with strictly by the candidates in the Examination.
- Decision of the High Court shall be final in all matters relating to Eligibility, Acceptance or Rejection of the applications/ candidature of any applicant, Penalty for false information, Mode of Examination process, Allotment of Examination centres, Selection and Appointment to the post etc.
- Candidates are advised to visit the official website of the High Court i.e. www.patnahighcourt.gov.in regularly for latest updated information and other references.
- Candidates must read carefully the Detailed Advertisement with General Instructions and How to Apply (Annexure- I) given in the advertisement for filling the Application Form online. Candidates not complying with the Instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/ EWS/ OH must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the advertisement. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the online application form very carefully and recheck the data filled prior to its submission. Information such as their Name, Contact details/ Address, E-mail ID, Category, PH Status, Educational Qualification details, Date of Birth, etc. provided by the candidates in the Online Application Form shall be treated as final. The Candidates shall fill their complete postal address with PIN Code. Any request for change in there particulars after final submission shall not be considered, in any manner.
- Online Application Form cannot be withdrawn, once it is submitted successfully.
- Application Form of candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria shall be rejected.
In case, multiple applications are submitted by a candidate, the last application correct in all respect shall be accepted and the fee deposited with earlier applications shall not be adjusted/ refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates are also advised in their own interest to apply online well before the closing date and not wait for the last date of submission to avoid possibility of link failure or any other technical issues whatsoever. There shall not be any responsibility of the High Court if any candidate fails to finally submit the application form before the last date of submission on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond its control.
- In case it is found at any time in future that a Candidate has used / uploaded the photograph and signature of someone else in his/ her Application Form / Admit Card or he/she has tampered his/her Admit Card / result, such acts of the candidate shall be treated as Unfair Means.
- In case a candidate is found providing incorrect information or his/her identity is proved to be false at any time in the future, he/ she may, in addition to disqualification, face penal action as per the law applicable.
- In case, it is detected at any stage of the recruitment process that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has suppressed/twisted or truncated any material facts, his/her candidature shall stand cancelled without giving any reason and notice to the candidate concerned. If any of these shortcomings is detected even after appointment, his/ her service will be liable to be terminated and he/she will be liable to punishment through proceedings as decided by the Competent Authority.
- The candidates are required to fill the Online Application Form with correct and complete information carefully. If any incomplete or false information is furnished, then the candidate will be solely responsible for the same and on the basis of false and incomplete information, the Application Form shall be rejected at any stage of the selection process without giving any reason/notice. On furnishing any false certificate or indicating wrong category/sub-category regarding caste(s) in the application form or in case of any other default, the High Court may reject the candidature at any stage of the selection.
- Candidates must disclose the details of any criminal proceeding initiated or First Information Report (FIR) lodged against them or any punishment awarded to them. Concealment of these fact(s) may disqualify and entail cancellation of their candidature.
- Print out of On-line Application Form or hard copies of certificates/mark sheets are not required to be submitted. Candidates shall have to produce all the required documents pertaining to eligibility for verification as and when asked for by the High Court, failing which he/she shall be disqualified.
(xvii) Candidates must keep print out of On-line Application Form, E-Admit Card and at least 08 (eight) copies of coloured passport size photograph identical with the photograph uploaded in Online Application Form and produce the same alongwith all the required certificates at the time of verification of the documents.
- Candidates shall appear in the examination at their own cost at the allotted Examination Centre on the date / shift and time indicated in their respective Admit Cards, which would be issued in due course through official Website of the High Court only. Admit Cards shall not be dispatched to the candidates individually. The High Court shall not be responsible for any loss/ injury caused to the candidates in course of appearing in the examination.
- Selection of a candidate in the Examination is provisional, subject to being found eligible for selection.
(xx) Candidates are required to keep with them at least two passport size recent colour photograph (as uploaded in the on-line application form), one identity proof (Photo-Identity Card viz. Aadhaar Card, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport, PAN Card, any other ID Card issued by the Central/ State Government or/ and 10th Certificate) having name, father’s name and date of birth of the candidate alongwith the admit card issued to the candidate and shall produce the same on demand at the time of examination at the centre. The details mentioned on the ID Card must match the details appearing on the admit card, else the candidate may be denied entry into the examination hall.
- Mobile Phone, Pager, Bluetooth device, Smart Watch or any other communication device is not allowed inside the premises where the examination is to be conducted. Any infringement of these instructions may entail suitable actions/restrictions as the High Court may deem fit and proper including debarment from future examinations.
- Merely appearing and qualifying in Library Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2022 does not confer any right to the candidate to get appointment.
- Canvassing in any form and use of unfair means during the examinations shall disqualify the candidature of the applicant and the result of the Candidates shall not be declared (and may be cancelled).
- All the candidates who are already employed in Central Government or State Government or in any Central Government or State Government Public Undertaking and/or in any type of other organization established or governed by the Central Government or State Government, shall apply online only after seeking permission from their employer and shall have to compulsorily produce “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC)” from their respective Cadre Controlling Authorities at the time of verification of documents, failing which his/her selection may be cancelled by the High Court.
- A candidate claiming reservation and/or relaxation, shall have to produce Certificate issued by Competent Authority in prescribed proforma, in support of his/ her claim. Orthopedically Handicapped (OH) candidate shall have to submit certificate issued by the Competent Authority/Board indicating physical disability not less than 40%.
- It is to be noted that if a candidate has been allowed to appear in the examination, it does not imply that the candidate’s eligibility has been verified. It does not vest any right with a candidate to get appointment. The eligibility is subject to final verification by the Competent Authority. The candidate shall satisfy his/her eligibility before applying online and shall be personally responsible, in case, he/she is not found eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria.
- Information uploaded on the official website of the High Court shall not be provided to the candidates or any other person under the Right to Information Act, 2005 (hereinafter referred to as R.T.I. Act) read with the Patna High Court (Right to Information) Rules, 2005 as amended from time to time. The information uploaded on the official website of the High Court shall remain for a specific period only. Therefore, the candidates are advised to download the uploaded information and keep it with them for future reference, if any. During the course of recruitment, neither any application under the R.T.I. Act shall be entertained nor any information shall be provided.
- Factual information under the R.T.I. Act shall be provided only after declaration of final result. Inferential questions or speculative questions shall not be answered under the R.T.I. Act.
- The final score alongwith category wise/sub-category wise cut off marks of all the candidates appearing in the examination will be uploaded on the official website of the High Court after declaration of the final result in due course of time, and no application under the R.T.I. Act in this regard shall be entertained.
- Selection of the candidates shall be made purely on the basis of merit in a transparent manner. Hence, the Candidate has to be careful of touts, who promise to get them selected unlawfully on illegal considerations/means.
- The record relating to the Library Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2022 would be available up to 365 days from the Date of declaration of final result and thereafter all examination materials shall be weeded out and no communication in this regard shall be entertained with respect to this recruitment drive.
- All disputes pertaining to the conduct of the Library Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2022 including Results shall fall within the jurisdiction of the High Court of Judicature at Patna only.
Dated: 07th July, 2022 Sd/-
HOW TO APPLY
Instructions for Filling the Online Application Form:-
- Candidates are advised to read the detailed advertisement carefully prior to filling the online application form. The candidate must ensure that he/she has an active e-mail ID and Mobile number. The e-mail ID and the Mobile number are required to be preserved till publication of final result. The candidate must also ensure the availability of all the relevant documents/ certificates at the time of filling the online application form.
- For Applying Online, visit the “Recruitments” tab in the column on the left hand menu of official website of Patna High Court (http://patnahighcourt.gov.in).
- Click on the link “Library Assistant Recruitment Examination, 2022”.
- Click on “Apply online”.
- Click on the link to Register.
- On the registration page, a candidate is required to fill in his/ her Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mobile Number and E-mail ID. Prior to submission, the candidate must ensure that all the details filled in are correct in all aspect, as the data once submitted cannot be changed. After verification of data and submission of OTP, registration number and password will be generated and the same will be communicated by SMS/E-mail.
- Thereafter, the candidate will have to Login by using Registration Number and Password shared via SMS/Email.
- After login, form for detailed application will open where the data provided at the time of registration shall be visible in prefilled format and it cannot be altered.
- At first, a candidate is required to fill in his personal details and then click “save and next”.
- Thereafter, the candidate is required to fill in additional details and then click “save and next”.
- Thereafter, the candidate is required to fill in communication details and then click “save and next”.
- Thereafter, the candidate is required to fill in qualification and experience and then click “save and next”.
- Thereafter, the candidate is required to fill in the test city and then click “save and next”.
- Thereafter, the candidate is required to upload the following documents :-
- Scanned copy of recent passport size colour photograph
- Scanned signature
- Matriculation (10th) Certificate
- Matriculation (10th) Marksheet
- Intermediate (12th) Certificate
- Intermediate (12th) Marksheet
- Domicile Certificate, if applicable
- Caste/ Category Certificate, if applicable
- Diploma Certificate in Library Science/ Library & Information Science from a recognised Institution
- Diploma/Certificate of at least six month’s course in Computer Application from recognised Institution
- Other relevant documents, if any
- Instructions to upload photograph and Signature:
- Size of the image should be minimum of 50 KB and maximum 80 KB.
- Image should be in .jpg or .jpeg format.
- Instructions to upload required Documents/Certificates:
- Size of the document should be minimum of 100 KB and maximum 300KB.
- Document should be only in .jpg, .jpeg or .pdf format.
- Uploaded photograph and signature (in running hand) must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the High Court and no representation from the candidate will be entertained by the High Court in this regard. The candidate should scan his photograph and specimen signature in .jpg / .jpeg format.
- The photograph of the candidate must contain his full face, both ears, neck in frontal view with a neutral, non-smiling expression and with open eyes directed at the camera. Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white, background. If the picture is taken on a sunny day, the Sun should be behind the candidate, or the candidate should place himself in the shade, so that the candidate is not squinting and there are no harsh shadows. If flash is used, it must be ensured that there is no “red-eye”. Caps, hats, sunglasses and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover the face. If candidates wear power glasses, it must be ensured that there are no reflections and the eyes can be clearly seen.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black pen in running hand. The signature must be signed only by the candidate and not by any other person. The Signature will be used for the purpose of verification during the recruitment process. If at any stage of recruitment process, the Candidate’s signature does not match the signature on the Admit Card, the candidate will not be permitted to take the examination and his candidature shall be cancelled.
- After all details are filled in the Application Form, candidate has to submit the Application Form. Prior to submission, candidate must preview the application form and ensure that all the details filled in are correct in all aspect and then proceed to submit the same. After final submission, no change/ alteration is allowed and any deviation from the data appearing in the certificates/ documents, noticed at later stage shall lead to disqualification.
- Thereafter, candidate will be redirected to Payment Page. After making successful payment, the Application Form will be processed.
- The candidates must take printout of the finally submitted online application form and retain the same along with relevant uploaded documents for production after qualifying the examination.
- Candidates are advised to apply much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the High Court’s website on account of heavy load on Internet/Website/Server. The High Court shall not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the Court.
- Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be summarily rejected.