Panjab University, Chandigarh Recruitment Assistant Professors (Guest Faculty) in the Department of Biotechnology.
Advertisement for Guest Faculty
1. Application are invited for Two positions of Assistant Professors (Guest Faculty) in the Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh on purely temporary basis to teach B.Sc. (Hons.) and M.Sc.(Hons.) Biotechnology classes under CBCS during the odd Semester of the Academic Year 2022-23.
2. Interested candidates are required to submit the copy of the application in the prescribed performa: (UGC regulation 2018 form- https://forms.puchd.ac.in/forms/20200122155429directrecruitmentassistantprofessorapplicationformasperugcregulation2018.pdf?142509402021 ), along with the self-attested copies of relevant certificates and documents to the Office of the Chairperson, Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, BMS Block I, Sector 25, Chandigarh 160014 by 01.08.2022. Soft copy of the same may also be sent at [email protected].
3. Essential Qualification: Panjab University Chandigarh Recruitment
i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent. grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the master’s degree level from an Indian University in the discipline of Biotechnology and allied area or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided for the candidate belonging to SC/ST/Physically and Visually Handicapped/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/Ph.D Degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1992).
ii) The candidates must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET and Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission. Provided further, candidates registered for the Ph.D. Program prior to July 11, 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions. a) Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only; b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by the least two external examiners; c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted; d) Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be a referred journal; e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars/based on his/her Ph.D. work. a) to e) as above are to be certified by the Registrar/Dean (Academic affairs).
4. Honorarium: The above assignment will be on lecture basis with a token honorarium of Rs. 1000/- per lecture with an upper limit of Rs. 25000/- per month. The candidates shall have to give an undertaking that they will not draw any fellowship/stipend or any financial assistance from any agency till they are teaching in the Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh as a Guest Faculty.
5. Interview: The interview for the positions will be held on 04.08.2022 at 11:00 am in the office of the undersigned.
Note: 1. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates appearing for the Interview. 2. Candidates coming for interview are advised to follow COVID-19 guidelines/protocols.