Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET) – 2022 (2nd) | Board of Secondary Education, Odisha, Cuttack.
As per Resolution No.14302/SME, Bhubaneswar, dated the 04/06/12 of the Government of Odisha, Department of School and Mass Education and Corrigendum No.- SME-EL2-EL2-0063-2018-23082/ SME, Bhubaneswar, dated 22/10/2018, OTET is applicable to all candidates who possess requisite academic and training qualifications with requisite percentage of marks and to all candidates pursuing the final year of the teacher training courses before the date of publication of advertisement for conducting OTET who aspire to become teachers for Classes-I to VIII in the schools of the State Govt., private aided schools and private unaided schools in the State of Odisha.
However, the candidates intending to seek employment as teachers in private un-aided schools shall also have the option of appearing at Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) conducted by Central Govt. through CBSE, if they so desire. The candidates after being qualified in OTET can also apply for further improvement.
- Persons having the following minimum qualification shall be eligible for appearing in OTET :-
(a) Category – A
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (CT or D.El.Ed.).
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations, 2002.
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
Graduation and two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), on the condition that who has acquired the qualification of Bachelor of Education from any NCTE Recognised Institution shall be considered for appointment as a teacher in classes I to V provided the person so appointed as a teacher shall mandatorily undergo a six month Bridge Course in Elementary Education recognized by the NCTE, within two years of such appointment as primary teacher.
(b) Category – B
Graduation and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1 year bachelor in Education (B.Ed.).
Graduation with at least 45% marks and 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year B.A./ B.Sc, Ed or B.A. Ed./ B.Sc. Ed.
Graduation with at least 50% marks and 1 year B.Ed. (Special Education). Provided that relaxation of 5% marks in minimum qualifying marks in Higher
Secondary or graduation level, as the case may be, shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC, ST, SEBC & PWD category.
Provided further that candidates having minimum marks in Higher Secondary or graduation level, as the case may be, prescribed at the time of admission in teacher education courses are also eligible to appear in OTET.
- (I) Persons having D.Ed. (Special Education) or B.Ed (Special Education) qualification shall undergo, after appointment, an NCTE recognized 6 month Special Programme in Elementary Education.
- Persons having qualification or pursuing final year of any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or by the RCI, as the case may be) can appear in the respective category for which he/ she is eligible.
- Persons declared eligible by the State Govt./ NCTE/ Govt. of India from time to time.
- Eligibility for appearing in examination papers for persons covered under Para- 2 (III) will be notified by the Govt. after declaration of their eligibility.
Examination Paper –
- There shall be two papers of the OTET viz- Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Total duration of the test in each paper shall be 2½ hours.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions, each carrying one mark, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct. Questions will be set to assess candidate’s ability to analyze, interpret and apply the subject matter..
- The question papers in non-language subjects shall be bilingual i.e. in Odia and English.
- Following languages shall be offered in Language – I:- Odia, Hindi, Telugu, Urdu, Bengali. The candidate has to choose any one of the above languages for Language-I subject.
- Language-II subject shall be English for all candidates.
- There shall be no negative marking.
|Sl/ No.||Subject||Download / View|
|01||ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
|01||APPLICATION & ELIGIBILITY FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
|02||FORMAT CONTINUING CERTIFICATE FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
|03||INSTRUCTION FOR PH CANDIDATES FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
|04||PAPER NOTIFICATION FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND||Go to Link|
|05||STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
|06||SYLLABUS & STRUCTURE FOR ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST OTET–2022 (2ND)||Go to Link|
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTION FOR FILLING UP OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM FOR
ODISHA TEACHER ELIGIBILITY TEST (OTET), 2022 (2nd)
- Registration for OTET-2022 (2nd) is open from 10/10/2022, 08.00 a.m. till 19/10/2022, midnight. Deposit of fee shall have to be completed by 11.45 pm of 19/10/2022 through online.
- Registration can be done (24 x 7) on visiting the website : www.bseodisha.ac.in
- Before going for registration, the candidate shall have to read the Instructions, Eligibility & Applicability for appearing at the OTET-2022 (2nd). He/ She should login only if eligible for OTET.
- The Instructions, Eligibility, Applicability, Instruction for PH candidate, format for continuing certificate and syllabus structure are available in the website www.bseodisha.ac.in.
- On visiting the link given in the website “Follow the steps for OTET-2022” screen shall be displayed.
- If you have already registered, click “Login” button, otherwise click on “New Registration” to register.
- On clicking “New Registration”, Registration OTET-2022 (2nd) page will be displayed on the screen where you have to enter your Name, Password (to be created by you), re-type the password, enter Mobile No. & e-mail ID and then “Submit”. (Enter your own e-mail ID & mobile no. which are valid, failing which you can not register ONLINE)
- You can use same mobile no. and e-mail ID for registration in both the papers separately. However same mobile no. and e-mail ID can not be used for registration of more than one case either in Paper-I or II.
- After clicking “Submit Button” you will be directed again to the “Login to you Account” page where you have to enter your mobile no. & password (created by you) and click “Login” again.
- After “Login” you will have to enter OTP which shall be sent in your registered mobile no. and email-ID. Thereafter click on “Verify” button, so that you will be directed to the application form page.
- Application form has the following six sections.
- Personal Information
- Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Information Sheet
- Payment & Declaration
- Four sections from the beginning can be filled up one by one starting from (a) ® (b) ® (c) ® (d). However after reaching section (d), one can again come back to “c”, “b” or “a” and update the information already entered.
- After correctly entering all the required four sections, click the section “Information Sheet” so that whatever the data entered by you can be displayed on screen along with your photograph. Take a print out of the Information Sheet & check whether information entered by you is 100% correct or not.
- If some information entered by you is still wrong, you can very well correct the same by logging into your account again. Specially please check the language subject for both the papers and optional paper for Paper-II. However this is the last chance you are being given this time to correct your data. Once “Final Submit” button is clicked, no information can be edited. You have to remember that data entered and finally submitted by you shall not be corrected further, either by you or by the B.S.E., Odisha. Thereafter approach for correction of subject, paper, name, date of birth, caste etc. shall not be entertained at any cost.
- Pre & Post examination processing will be done as per data/ information submitted by you.
- For filling up of the application form, Personal Information shall be entered by the candidate at first.
- Enter all the mandatory fields and upload the required certificates/ documents/ photos in jpg/jpeg/.jpg/.png file within the specified size. Thereafter click ‘SUBMIT’ button to go to the next stage i.e. “Eligibility Criteria”.
- Enter all the required fields under “Eligibility Criteria” and ‘SUBMIT’ to go to the next stage i.e. “Educational Qualification”.
- Candidates can appear Paper-I or Paper-II or both the papers as per their eligibility. The candidates appearing both Paper-I & II shall have to fill up application form separately.
- Enter all the mandatory fields under General & Professional Qualifications and ‘SUBMIT’ to go to the next stage “Address”. Fill up the permanent & correspondence address. Click “Submit” button and you will be directed to “Information Sheet” page.
- It is to be noted that, the certificates of the successful candidates will be printed as per district mentioned in the permanent address and shall be sent in the correspondence address entered by the applicants.
- The print of “Information Sheet” can be downloaded and wherever correction is required that can be effected in the application. In case information submitted by you as seen from “Information Sheet” is correct, click “Next Payment & Declaration” button to go for “Declaration & Payment”.
- After clicking “Yes-Final Submit” in the Declaration and Payment page, no information can be edited. The B.S.E., Odisha can not and is not authorised to correct the information, when it has been uploaded by the candidate himself/ herself. Hence B.S.E., Odisha shall not be requested for any modification
- The results of the OTET shall be processed as per data entered by the candidate and there shall be no deviation from that.
- Payment shall be made also through online mode with the HDFC payment gateway.
- It is advised to complete the process of filling up of application form and deposit of fee well in advance and do not wait till the last date. In case, payment is not authenticated till the schedule date, you will not be eligible to appear at the examination.
- It is important to remember that after payment is authenticated, you will be eligible for downloading the “Acknowledgement Receipt”. This document has very importance and has to be kept for future reference.
- In case “Acknowledgement Receipt” is not received, you will not be eligible to appear at the examination.
- The following fee shall be applicable for candidates appearing at the OTET, 2022 (2nd).
- For SC & ST Category of candidates :- Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred) Only.
- For Other Category of candidates :- Rs.600/- (Rupees Six Hundred) Only.
- The candidate shall have to appear the examination at designated examination centres. The candidate shall have appear at any centre i.e. selected at random by the Board. Selection of centres will not be according to the permanent/ correspondence district filled up by the candidate.