National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2022 (For class VIII) at Directorate of School Education, West Bengal. Centrally Sponsored National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2022 (For the students studying in class VIII).
National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination, 2022 (for the student studying in class VIII) will be held at different centres of West Bengal on 18.12.2022. Directorate of School Education, West Bengal will conduct the said examination.
- Online applications are invited from the students studying in class VIII of any recognized Government /Government Aided /Local Body or Government Sponsored Schools including Madrasah of West Bengal without residential facility and who have secured 55% and above marks as per mark sheet of class VII examination to appear in the centrally sponsored NMMS Examination, 2022 for class VIII( 5% relaxation to SC,ST and Disabled candidates).
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and State Government run residential schools or any private school are not entitled to apply or to get Scholarship.
- Parental Income of the appearing candidates should be below Rs.3,50,000/- (Rupees three lakh fifty thousand) per annum from all sources. Income certificate has to be uploaded.
1. For salaried persons employed in Govt. Semi Govt.& Govt. Aided Organization/Institution, Employer Certificate for the period from 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2022 to be uploaded.
2. For other person, income certificate for the period from 01.04.2021 to 31.03.2022 must be obtained from any Competent Authority not below the rank of Jt. B.D.O / Executive Officer or equivalent (In case of Corporation and Municipality area) to be uploaded.
- Online applications will be available in the School Education Department’s Scholarship Portal- www. Scholarships.wbsed.gov.in on and from 25.08.2022 and the last date of submission is 20.09.2022.
- Applicant has to print the filled- in application form and Certificate format to be filled up by the Head of school/Institution where he/she is studying and get the Certificate signed with official seal by the Head of the Institution and upload the signed Certificate to his/her account along with scanned copy of (i)parental annual income certificate by competent authority (ii) Copy of Bank Passbook, (iii) Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority, (iv) Disability Certificate (40% and above disability must be certified by the Competent Medical Board of the State Govt./Central Govt.), whichever is applicable, duly signed by the concerned School Authority. The maximum size of each scanned document should be 200 KB. The image file for photograph in .jpeg/jpg format and of maximum size limit 50KB (3.5 x 4.5 cm,) should also be uploaded. The application submission is complete only when the Certificate from Head of School/Institution and other necessary documents are uploaded else the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.
- Every applicant must have a bank A/c in his/her name in SBI or any Public Sector Bank or any scheduled bank which has core banking facility. This A/c may be single or a joint A/c. In case of Joint bank A/c, he/she must be the first holder of that A/c. Once the bank detail is submitted it is final and no request regarding change in the bank A/c No. will be entertained.
- If the applicants have Aadhaar Cards, the Bank A/c which they will mention in the on-line application must be seeded with their Aadhaar Card and will mention the same in the space provided in the said application.
- There are two Educational Districts in addition to23 Administrative Districts in West Bengal. Those are- BARRACKPORE EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- BARRAKPORE &BIDHANNAGAR)&SILIGURI EDUCATION DISTRICT (Sub-Division:- SILIGURI)
- If an applicant studying in any school under BARRACKPORE or BIDHANNAGAR (SALT LAKE) Sub-division, he/she must choose BARRACKPORE as district instead of NORTH 24 PARGANAS or KOLKATA
- If the candidate is studying in any school under SILIGURI Sub-division, he/she must choose SILIGURI as district instead of DARJEELING.
- Applicant should opt for the district in which his/her school is situated.
- State Government does not charge any fee for the said Examination.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process without any reference if any false information is found in the filled-in application form of the said candidate. More over application form with incomplete/irrelevant information/photograph/scanned certificates is liable to be summarily rejected.
- The candidature of the applicant may be cancelled at any stage of the examination process or scholarship of a selected candidate may be stopped without any reference if it is found that he/she appeared from any unrecognized school.
- Notification for downloading Online Admit Card will be given on Notice Section. Please keep checking the scholarship portal for the same and any further information relating the examination.
Examination pattern of NMMS:-
State level NMMSE will be conducted in two sessions on the same day as per details given below:-
|Name of the Tests||Type||Marks||No of Items||Duration (in Minutes)|
|Mental Ability Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 min|
|Scholastic Aptitude Test||Objective/MCQ||90||90||90 min|
Extra time will be given to the children with disability as applicable.
Syllabus: Subject: There is no prescribed syllabus for NMMS Examination. Standard of items shall conform to the level of class VII & VIII.
Scholastic Aptitude Test comprises of the following subjects given below:-
1) Mathematics 2) Physical Science 3) Life Science 4) History & 5) Geography.
All questions in the booklet for the NMMS Examination are objective type. Each Question carries one mark. There is no negative marking in the said examination.
The decision of Authority will be final in case of any dispute/doubt.