National Institute of Technology Delhi Recruitment of Professor in Various Departments of the Institute. Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals in the prescribed format for recruitment of faculty in various Departments of the Institute against the advertisement (Advt. No. 01/2022).
Detailed educational qualifications, experience and other criteria for selection shall be as per the Schedule “E” of the Statutes of NITs. (Ref. The Gazette of India Notification No. 651 dated July 24, 2017), the CEI (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Act, 2019 and clarifications received from MHRD vide F. No. 33-9/2011-TS.III dated 16th April, 2019 in the recruitment rules for faculty of NITs.
Details of Vacancies : National Institute of Technology Delhi
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Pay Level (7th CPC)||Total No. of Posts||UR||OBC||SC|
Department-wise distributions of Vacancies*: National Institute of Technology Delhi
|Department||Name of the Post||UR||OBC||SC||ST||EWS||Total|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Professor||02||–||–||–||–||02|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Professor||02||–||–||–||–||02|
Note I: The advertisement is governed by the four-tier flexible faculty recruitment rules, relevant instructions issued from MoE and the same issued till the date of interview will be applicable to this recruitment process.
Note II: The Institute reserves the right to increase/decrease number of vacancies including those in the reserved categories without notification.
Note III: Since all the posts are to be filled-in by open advertisement only, internal candidates aspiring for higher posts/Pay Levels/Higher cadre may also apply through online portal only subject to fulfilling eligibility criteria even if the posts in the concern department are not advertised.
*Note IV: For the departments which are not having any vacancy, movement in higher Academic Grade Pay or cadre will be carried out as per specified selection process but restricted to only for serving faculty members of the respective departments of the Institute (as per Note 1(5) of schedule E of statutes 23(a) of the First Statutes of the National Institute of Technology (Amendment) Statutes, 2017) and as directed by MoE, Government of India, from time to time. (Ref. The Gazette of India Notification No. 651, dated July 24, 2017)].
Note V: Any change in the AGP/Pay Level in 7th CPC, is through direct recruitment via open advertisement only. Therefore, the term “promotion” used in RRs/Guidelines/MHRD communications should be read as “Appointment through Direct Recruitment” and others as notified by MoE, GoI from time to time.
Note VI: The above department-wise distribution of vacancies is tentative and is subject to change/re-appropriation as per the decisions of the Institute based on suitability of the candidates. No candidate reserves any claim for the vacancies mentioned in the above table if otherwise decided by the selection committee(s) concerned.
Areas of Specialization for new Entrants in Various Departments:
|Sl. No.||Name of the Department||Name of the Post(s)||Specializations|
|1.||Computer Science & Engineering||Professor||Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Database and Data Analytics, Big Data, Computer Architecture and System Design, Software Systems and Software Engineering, Computer Vision, Wireless Sensor Networks, Image Processing, Automata Formal Languages, Parallel processing, Compiler Design, Algorithms, Information Security, Data Mining, High performing computing, Bioinformatics, Computational Neuroscience, Model Driven frameworks and Computational Theory.|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||Professor||Analog and Digital Communication, Antenna Design and Manufacturing Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Signal Processing (Analog/Digital/Image), Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Embedded Systems, IoT, Wireless/Optical communication, Computer/ Communication Networks, Radio Frequency and Microwaves, Computer Vision, Cryptography and Network Security, Analog and Mixed Signal Design, Device Modelling, VLSI Architectures, VLSI System Design/Testing and Applied Electronics.|
|3.||Electrical Engineering||Professor||Power Systems Engineering, Power Electronics & Drives, Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Electrical Machines & Industrial Drives, Control Systems Engineering/Digital Control Systems/Power & Control, Instrumentation/Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Real Time Control of Electrical systems, Electrical Vehicle Technology/Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Renewable Energy Systems, Smart Grid Technologies, Power system Protection,/Digital Protection of Power System, High Voltage Engineering and Solar Thermal and Photo Voltaic Systems.|
Note I: Serving regular faculty members shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their own departments irrespective of their specializations, if they satisfy other advertised criteria. [Derived from 10 of Appendix-A1 -Annexure-IV of MHRD, Gol letter No. F.No.33 -9/2011 -TS.lll, dated 30th Nov., 2017].
Qualification and Other terms & Conditions: National Institute of Technology Delhi
- The essential qualification, essential requirements and cumulative essential credit points advertised herewith shall be governed by the Schedule ‘E’ of NITs Statutes (issued vide Gazette of India No. 651, dated July, 24 2017), link for the same is available on the Institute website at http://www.nitdelhi.ac.in
All New Entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant or equivalent discipline and shall have first class in preceding degrees. New entrant means a candidate who is not existing faculty of NIT Delhi [as per clarification no. 5 of GoI, MHRD, F.No.33- 9/2011-TS.III, dated 16th April, 2019]. Here, ‘preceding degrees‘ means Bachelor Degree onwards.
- In case first class is not mentioned in the preceding degrees by the University/ Institution, then the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% marks in aggregate.
- Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual Institute/University will not be considered/allowed for determination of eligibility.
- In case the candidate has passed and secured CGPA under any other point scale (other than 10- point scale), then certificate issued by the authorized signatory (not the Mentor/Supervisor/Head of the Department) of the Institute/University to the effect of having secured first class in such degree must be attached. Alternately, the CGPA may be equivalently converted on 10-point scale for determination of eligibility.
- The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage/Degree should be awarded by a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates, who have acquired essential qualification (i.e. Ph.D.) and/or preceding degrees from abroad, shall be considered if degree is offered by National
University/Institute of respective country and/or offered by Institutions which are in QS/The World Ranking up to 500 for last two consecutive years, for the post of various faculty positions.
- Candidates having Ph.D. directly after B.Tech./B.E. shall also be considered for the post, if they fulfill other criteria. They should have obtained First Class at Bachelor’s Level.
- Working Experience from institute of repute will only be considered as per oversight committee resolution (MHRD (Now MOE) vide F.No.33-9/2011/TS.III dated 16th April 2019).
- Contribution to Institute/Department Administration shall be recommended by concerned Head and approved by the Director. Otherwise, Weightage of Administrative experience for evaluating the credit points may not be considered for determining the eligibility. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. [As prescribed in note 1, point no. 4 of Schedule ”E” of NITs Statutes (issued vide Gazette of India No. 651, dated July, 24 2017)].
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/Guest faculty/Purely on Contract Basis (Fixed Remuneration) will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short-listing the candidates.
- Age Limit: Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptionally brilliant research career and with on-going or approved externally funded research project.
- Period of Probation and Age of Superannuation: Subject to the provisions of the Act and the Statutes, all appointments to posts under the Institute shall be made on probation for a period of one year wherever applicable. On completion of probation period the appointee, if confirmed, shall continue to hold his/her office subject to the provisions of the Act and the Statutes, till the end of the month in which he/she attains the prescribed superannuation age for teaching posts. The appointing authority shall have the power to extend the period of probation of any employee of the Institute for such periods as it may deem fit.
- The Selection Committees shall be constituted as per the Statute 23, Sub-Statute 5(a) of the First Statutes of the NITs issued in April 2009 and amended in July 2017.
General Instructions and Information : National Institute of Technology Delhi
- Before filling the Application Form, the candidate must ensure his/her eligibility for the post in respect of qualification and other requisite criteria. The candidate should carefully go through the following important Rules/Orders:
|Sl. No||Documents/Order/Guidelines||Uploaded with this Advt. as|
|ii.||Statutes of NIT||Annexure-II|
|iii.||The Gazette of India Notification No. 651, Dated: 24th July, 2017||Annexure-III|
|iv.||MoE F.No. 33-9/2011-TS.III, Dated: 20 th April 2018||Annexure-IV|
|v.||The Gazette of India Notification No. 1013, Dated: 07 th March 2019 of CEI (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Ordinance, 2019||Annexure-V|
|vi.||MoE F.No.33-9/2011/TS.III, Dated: 16th April 2019||Annexure-VI|
- Candidates willing to apply for one or more posts are advised to apply online duly by uploading all certificates/self-attested documents with photograph and scanned signature on Institute website at http://www.nitdelhi.ac.in separately for each post advertised along with requisite fee. The last date to fill the online application is 29th April, 2022.
6.3. Non-refundable Processing Fee of Rs.1000/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates, and Rs. 500/- for the SC/ST should be paid online through the application portal by Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card as per the details given in the payment link. No Fees shall be paid by the Women candidates and PWD candidates.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify/defer or cancel full/part of the advertisement/recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reason.
- Number and nature of posts shown above may change and vary at the time of selection/recruitment. Further, the Institute reserves the right not to fill any post(s).
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect i.e. qualifications, experience and preferred age limit etc. shall be considered as on the closing date, i.e. the last date of the submission of online application form.
- Mere fulfillment of the required qualifications, experience, credit points, etc., does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview/selection. Short listing criteria for calling for interview may be higher than those advertised.
- Serving regular faculty members shall be eligible to apply for higher positions in their own Departments irrespective of their specializations, if they satisfy other advertised criteria.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications, experience, credit points, etc; higher than those prescribed in this advertisement, and as per merit decided by the competent authority.
- Reservation policy will be as per Government of India norms. Instructions issued by MoE till the date of interview will be applicable.
- Selection will be done in two phases. In the first phase, the shortlisted candidates are required to appear for presentation on teaching and research in the area of their specialization. The second phase involves interview by the Selection Committee.
- Candidates will have to appear for the presentation and interview at their own cost, if called, before the Selection Committee on the date and place which will be separately notified to the candidates.
- All documents in original and valid photo ID proof (Passport/Voter-ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/any Government issued ID) along with a photocopy will have to be produced at the time of Technical Presentation/Interview. In case the candidate does not produce any ID proof mentioned above he/she will not be allowed to attend the same.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/EWS categories should attach photocopy of the certificate obtained from Competent Authorities not below the rank of Tehasildar or from a First Class Magistrate of the place of domicile of the candidates clearly authenticating the category to which they belong. Non-creamy layer OBC certificate/Income and Asset Certificate for EWS shall be obtained on or after 01/04/2022.
- Persons serving in Govt./Semi Govt./PSUs/Universities/Educational Institutions should send their applications either THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or should furnish a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE (NOC) from the Competent Authority at the time of interview. They can, however, send advance copy of application form.
- All recruitment and pay-fixation shall be done by the Board of Governors (BoG) of the Institute only on the recommendations of duly constituted Selection Committees. The decision of the Appointing Authority shall be final.
- The appointment of selected candidates is subject to being found physically fit and sound in health for the services in the Institute which shall be examined through a medical examination by the medical Board/Senior Medical Officer/Medical Officer of the Institute as the case may be. The medical examination may be under taken before joining the post. They should be prepared to join duty with in the specified time limit. Selected candidates will be on probation initially for one year which may be extended on unsatisfactory performance.
- Besides the pay applicable for the post, admissible allowances like DA, HRA, etc. and other benefits like medical reimbursement, Leave Travel Concession etc. are payable in accordance with Institute Rules in force from time to time. New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India is applicable to fresh recruits as per Institute Rules.
- The applicant will be responsible for the authenticity of submitted information, other documents and photograph. Furnishing of any false information and/or suppression/concealment of facts shall lead to rejection/cancellation of selection/ recruitment.
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from the candidates regarding postal delays, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for Presentation or personal interview, etc. Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification for the post.
- The applicants are required to visit the Institute website regularly as any subsequent corrigendum/addendum etc. shall be published on the Institute website only.
- Any dispute regarding the recruitment will fall under the jurisdiction of High Court of Delhi.
How to Apply: National Institute of Technology Delhi
- Online application portal commences from date of publication of advertisement in the employment news (02nd April 2022). Last date for filling and submission of online application is 24th May, 2022 (23:59:59 hrs).
- The printout (hard copy) of the online application along with all requisite documents and annexure(s) must reach to the office of “Director, National Institute of Technology, Delhi, Plot No. FA7, Zone P1, GT Karnal Road, Delhi-110036, India” on or before 31th May 2022 till 5:00 PM.
- Applications received after last date due to postal delay or any other reasons will not be considered in any case.
- The envelope containing the application be superscribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF …………….… IN THE DEPARTMENT OF…………………………………………………………. ”.
- The Candidate should pay a non-refundable application Processing Fee of Rs.1000/- for General, OBC and EWS candidates, and Rs. 500/- for the SC/ST should be paid online through the application portal by Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card as per the details given in the payment link. The copy of payment proof should be attached with hardcopy of application form.
For any Technical Query, Kindly Mail us at : [email protected]