National Institute of Design Haryana Recruitment: National Institute of Design, Haryana (Kurukshetra), an Institute of National Importance, invites applications from eligible and competent candidates for filling up following Teaching & Non-Teaching positions on Direct Recruitment (DR) /Deputation/ Contract basis as indicated against each post.
Information and procedures for the candidates applying in response to the recruitment advertisement for Teaching and Non-Teaching positions at NID Haryana.
About the National Institute of Design Haryana
The National Institute of Design Haryana is an Institution of National Importance set up by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, for design education, training, research and consultancy services. The Institute is located at Umri, Kurukshetra in Haryana and is offering four- year full time B. Des (Bachelor of Design) program in three major disciplines, namely, Industrial Design, Communication Design and Textiles & Apparel Design since academic year 2016-17.
Applications are invited from eligible and competent professionals willing to take up challenging roles in the institute as per details given below. The last date for receipt of applications along with fee in prescribed format by post is 01.05.2022. Persons employed in Government/ Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies shall submit the ‘No Objection Certificate (NOC) and Vigilance Clearance Certificate’ from their present employer at the time of interview. In case a candidate is applying for more than one post the applications are to be forwarded separately in different envelops. While sending separate applications the application fee also has to be paid separately:
|S.No||Name of Post and Mode of Recruitment||Pay Level/ Consolidated Monthly Salary||Vacancy/ Category||Eligibility|
|1||Senior Designer-||Pay Level -12||02(UR)||Essential qualifications:|
|(Industrial||(Rs.78800-||Post Graduate Degree/|
|Design-01,||209200)||Diploma in Design from|
|Communication||(DA/ TA/ HRA||a recognized University/|
|Design-01)||etc as||reputed Institution.|
|Recruitment)||Doctorate in Design|
|Senior Designer-||Rs 1,03,000/-||03(UR)||Age:|
|(Industrial||Per month||Should not be more|
|Design-01, Textile||than 50 years as|
|Department of Personnel & Training guidelines in this regard as amended from time to time.||Officers under the Central/State/U.T. Government/ Universities/ Statutory /Autonomous Bodies or Research Development organization holding analogous posts or with at least two years of service in the post in the grade pay 7,600.|
|2||Head Librarian / Resource Centre (Direct Recruitment)||Pay Level- 11 (Rs. 67700 – 208700) (DA/ TA/ HRA etc. as applicable)||01(UR)||Essential: Degree in Library Science/ Information Science from a recognized UniversityDegree/ Diploma in Computer from a recognized instituteExperience in Library Automation and Administration5years service as Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a recognized institution in the grade pay of Rs. 5,400 or with 8 years in grade pay Rs. 4,600. Age: Not exceeding 45 years as on 01.05.2022 Desirable: M. Phil/Ph. D in Library Science/ Information Science and Documentation.|
|3||Administrative Officer (Direct Recruitment)||Pay Level -10 (Rs. 56100 – 177500) (DA/ TA/ HRA etc. as applicable)||01(OBC) 01(UR)||Essential: Degree in any discipline of a recognized institute or University. Knowledge in computer.A Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a Government/ educational/Research Institution. The candidate would be|
|expected to have some familiarity with Academic and administrative activities and working procedure in higher educational institutions preferably in design/fashion technology or similar institution. Age: Not exceeding 40 years as on 01.05.2022 Desirable: Experience of computer systems for information processing and retrieval. Preference to be given to those who have had experience of working in design or similar institution in an analogous post.|
Faculty Streams / Areas of Sub-Specializations for the Teaching post:
- There are three Faculty Streams in the Institute namely, 1. Industrial Design, 2. Communication Design and 3. Textile & Apparel Design. The Disciplines are formulated from these FacultyStreams.
- All the academic/teaching positions mentioned above are for the following Design Disciplines. Preferred sub-specializations are indicated therewith. Individuals having expertise in multiplesubject areas shall be preferred.
Industrial Design: Materials & Processes, Form Studies, Elements of Design, Technically Complex Product Development, User Experience Design, Packaging, Rendering Techniques, 3D Visualization and CAD modelling, Digital Product Design, Design Ergonomics. In Ceramic and Glass design areas, Finishing & Glazes, Ceramic & Glass material technology, Ceramic & Glass Design. Transportation and Automobile, Styling & Representation Techniques, Surface Modelling, Rapid Prototyping, Design Engineering, Digital Sculpting, Transportation Design Engineering and related areas of Design.
Communication Design: Visual Perception & Communication, Color, Visualization & Representation Techniques, Type Design, Publication Design, Photography, Packaging, Branding, Web Design, Printing Technology. Under the Animation Film
Design, Life Drawing, Hand drew Animation, stop motion/ Claymation, CGI Animation, Character Design, Story Boarding, Hands on experience in Animation production. Under the Film & Video communication areas, Script Writing, Editing, Sound Design, Cinematography and related areas of Design.
Textile & Apparel Design: Surface Techniques-Ornamentation, Print Design, Jacquard Design, Textile CAD-CAM, Traditional Textiles, Weaving Techniques. Under the Apparel Design areas, Pattern Drafting and making, Grading, techniques for Men’s and Women’s wear, Computerized Pattern making, Draping and Garment Construction for ready to wear, History of World Costume, History of Indian costume, History of Fashion, Fashion Forecasting, Trends Forecasting, Garment manufacturing Technology, Marketing and Merchandising, Knitwear Design and related areas of Design.
Design Foundation Studies: History of Design, Design Fundamentals, Design Process, Geometrical Construction, Analytical Drawing, Drawing & Sketching, Illustration, Color, Form & Composition, Cultural Anthropology, Semiotics and related areas of Design.
Job description/Task & Responsibility of Non-Teaching Posts
a) The Registrar shall be in charge of all academic administration of the Institute and Institute campuses and responsible for implementing directives of the Government of India in respect of all academic and student matters and assist the Activity Chairperson (Education) in academic administration matters relating to admission, course delivery, assessment, evaluation, award of grades or diplomas or degrees and such other academic administration related tasks and responsibilities as may be entrusted by the Director.
b) The Registrar shall execute all contracts and legal documents for and on behalf of the Institute, when authorized by a resolution of the Governing Council or approved by the Director and shall not be personally liable in respect of anything under such contract or legal document.
c) The Registrar shall be responsible for generating and maintaining data and records related to students and academic matters.
d) The Registrar shall coordinate with all Heads of Departments, Deans and Discipline Leads for administrative support for all academic related works and facilities of the Institute and Institute Campuses and arrange for the same in consultation with the Activity Chairperson (Education).
e) The Registrar shall chair such committees and panels for which he may be nominated by the Director and carry out such other tasks and functions as may be entrusted to him by the Director and shall also exercise such powers as may be delegated to him under the Delegation of Administrative and Financial Powers by the Governing Council.
2. Head Librarian /Resource Centre
- Head and overall in charge of Library/ Resource Centre and shall function under the guidance of Director/ Library Advisory Panel and Activity Chairperson, Resource Centre.
- Digitization of the important and valuable resources in the KMC, procurement of relevant e-books, e-magazines/journals, to ensure and strengthen the security systems at the Library- Resource Centre.
- Library- Resource Centre Memberships, circulation, reader related issues, etc.
- Acquisition procedures, approvals, sanctions, etc. from the competent authorities.
- Classification of books and AV materials.
- Archival Collection, classification, restoration, maintenance, etc.
- Institutional contacts (memberships, Inter Library Loans, reference services, etc.)
- Reference services to NID community and ongoing research related projects at NID.
- Research based services to faculty and project teams
- Tasks related to reorganizing the Design Classic Collection
- Managing Acquisition Procedures, Classification and Cataloguing,
- Subscriptions/Renewals, Managing the special collection of Documents & AV materials.
- Tasks related to developing a Material Sample Library at NID.
- Annual budgeting and advance planning for procurement of Library- Resource Centre resources.
- Continuous collaborative support to Research and Publications dept. for NID’s own publication projects.
- Convening Library- Resource Centre Advisory Panel meeting periodically.
- Planning and organizing various events like book reading, book reviews displays, etc. in consultation with the Library- Resource Centre Advisory Panel, to increase the users of the services.
- To create proactive Library- Resource Centre linkages with NID’s academic programmes and research projects by collaborating with the coordinators and faculty members. Active support of Library- Resource Centre for courses as per the annual timetable should be provided.
- Close coordination with Research & Publications for realising publications from NID archives.
- To explore possibilities for revenue generation for Library- Resource Centre through various means.
- Development of prototype collection and material library.
- To take proactive initiatives for Digitization of NID archives.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Director.
3. Administrative Officers
- Head and overall in charge of administrative section such as General Administration, Establishment, Stores, Purchase, Academics, Security etc
- General and Service Record Management, office Procedure, Disciplinary matters
- Recruitment and Personnel Management
- Outsourcing of Manpower and other Services management
- Procurement of Goods and Services
- Asset and Inventory management
- Classification of records and management
- File and Record Management
- Any other tasks as assigned by the competent authority.
Age Limit/Relaxation: National Institute of Design Haryana Recruitment 2022
- Age limit and other eligibility conditions for all the positions shall be determined as on the lastdate prescribed for submission of application.
- Age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-servicemen candidates shall be applicable as per Government of India norms for the posts being filled on direct recruitment basis only. No relaxation will be applicable to SC/ST/OBC candidates applying for Unreserved (UR) vacancies.
- Reservation for PwD and Ex-servicemen is horizontal reservation therefore candidates selected will be placed in the appropriate category viz. SC/ST/OBC/General candidates depending upon the category to which they belong in the roster meant for reservation of SCs/STs/OBCs.
|Sl. No||Category||Age Relaxation permissible|
|2||OBC (NCL)||3 years|
|3||PwD (UR)||10 years|
|4||PwD + OBC (NCL)||13 years|
|5||PwD + SC/ST||15 years|
- Only date of birth indicated in SSC/Secondary School Leaving Certificate/Birth Certificate will be accepted. No subsequent request for change shall be entertained under any circumstances.
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect i.e. qualifications, experience and age limit etc. shall be considered as on the last date of submission of applications under this advertisement.
Application Fee: National Institute of Design Haryana Recruitment 2022
Candidates shall be required to pay application fee (Non-Refundable) of Rs. 1000/- for both Teaching and Non-Teaching Positions in the form of Demand Draft from any scheduled bank in favor of “National Institute of Design” payable at Kurukshetra. SC, ST, PwD and Women candidates are exempted from payment of application fees. Such candidates are required to upload valid certificates issued by competent authority to claim fee exemption; otherwise, their application will be rejected.
General Instructions: National Institute of Design Haryana
- The candidates applying for Teaching /Non-Teaching Positions on Direct Recruitment basis with time scale of pay and allowances shall be appointed initially on two years fixed term contract. On yearly performance review basis, the Institute will consider suitable faculty/officer for long-term regular appointment against the sanctioned posts.
- The candidates applying for Teaching post on Contractual basis with consolidated monthly salary shall be appointed initially for a period of one year and their contract may be extended based on performance review and availability of vacancy or requirement of such positions with or without increment of pay as decided by the competent authority.
- Candidates applying for a Teaching/Non-Teaching post both on Direct Recruitment and Contract Basis may indicate the same in the application form. There is no need of sending separate applications for same post. However, in case of application for different post the candidate should send separate applications with separate application fee in separate envelopes.
- Applicants against Direct Recruitment post also will be considered against vacancies in contractual positions and if found suitable, offers may be made by the Institute to the suitable candidates.
- The regular and fixed term contract employees drawing time scale of pay and allowances is presently covered under NPS. The service conditions of these employees are governed under NID service rules (https://www.nidh.ac.in/rti) as adopted by NID Haryana and being amended from time to time.
- Number and nature of positions may change and vary at the time of selection/ recruitment. NID HARYANA reserves the right to fill or not to fill all the advertised positions/ any position/ cancel the advertisement in whole or in part, without assigning any reason and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- All recruitment shall be done only on the recommendations of duly constituted Selection Committees and the Appointing Authority or committees constituted by the Appointing Authority as the case may be. The decision of the Appointing Authority shall be final.
- NID Haryana will retain data of applications received from non-shortlisted candidates only for a period of six months after completion of recruitment process i.e. the issuance of offer letter to the selected candidate.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear in the selection process on the basis of the information furnished by them in their application form. They are, therefore, advised to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions before applying. In case, it is found at a later stage that the information furnished by the candidate is false or the candidate does not fulfill eligibility conditions, the candidature of such a candidate will be cancelled and no correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Issuance of letter for the selection process will not confer any right for appointment.
- Applications which are not in prescribed form/ filled incorrectly/ incomplete and without relevant supporting documents may be out rightly rejected. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates are required to attach certificates in support of caste/ category (if claiming reservation/ relaxation in age), educational qualifications, experience (clearly stating pay scale, basic pay and allowances for the purpose of determining eligibility), photograph, CV etc.
- NID HARYANA strives to have a workforce, which also reflects gender balance, and hence, female candidates are especially encouraged to apply without paying any application fee.
- Mere fulfillment of eligibility criteria does not guarantee candidates being called for Interview. NID HARYANA reserves the right to restrict number of candidates to be called for Test/ Interview by short-listing the applications based on higher benchmark for short-listing criteria as may be decided by the Institute.
- NID HARYANA reserves the right to reject or accept the candidature of any candidate at any stage. The Institute reserves the right to cancel/restrict/enlarge/modify/alter the recruitment process, if need arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereof.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake/error in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of offer of appointment, NID HARYANA reserves the right to withdraw/ cancel/ modify any communication made to the candidate.
- Institute will not arrange any travel, boarding and lodging facility for the candidates. Candidates will have to make their own arrangement for attending written test/ interview.
- The decision of NID HARYANA in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of examination(s), selection and allotment of posts/organizations to selected candidates will be final and binding on the candidates. No enquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- In case after appointment, any information given / declaration by the candidate is found to be false or if the candidate has willfully suppressed any material information relevant to the appointment, he/she will be liable to be removed from the service and any action taken as deemed fit by the appointing authority.
- Candidates must be in sound health. If selected, they must be prepared to undergo such medical examination and satisfy such medical authority as Institute may require before joining NID HARYANA service as per the Government of India norms.
- All the appointments are subject to verification of caste certificates, credentials, academic qualifications, experience, conduct, medical fitness followed by police verification of the selected candidates. During the period of Institute service, if NID HARYANA, on its verification, finds any discrepancy in the claims made by the candidate, besides departmental proceedings, suitable legal action shall also be initiated as per Government of India Rules.
- NID HARYANA reserves the right to (i) relax eligibility criteria in exceptional cases; (ii) offer contract assignment to persons who have applied for regular positions, and (iii) fill the position at lower level than that advertised.
- NID HARYANA reserves the right to extend the closing date for receipt of applications and also reserves the right to postpone/cancel the recruitment exercise for any/all the posts at any stage.
- The Institute reserves the right, not to fill the posts herein advertised in case of no availability of suitable candidates.
- Decision of NID HARYANA regarding conduct of examination, interview, verification of documents and selection will be final and binding on all candidates. No representation/ correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Photographs: One recent (not earlier than three months from the date of application) color passport size photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap, scarf and sunglasses should be pasted while filling the application form. Identical extra color passport size photograph as pasted on the application should be kept for providing the same at the time of verification or as required by NID HARYANA.
- Educational qualification: No educational qualification shall be considered unless supported by Degree Certificate or Provisional Degree Certificate along with mark sheets. Only a grade card/ mark sheet will not be treated as proof of eligibility of the Degree, unless it specifically and unconditionally indicates that the student is eligible for award of degree.
- Experience: Experience Certificate from employer preferably should mention
- Designation, (2) Duration of the employment, (3) Pay Scale/Total monthly salary and (4) Nature of Employment (Regular/Contractual). Any experience gained during fulltime education will not be counted as professional experience. Candidates having freelance experience shall submit all relevant documentary proof for the same indicating nature, value and period of such works and experience.
- For any legal dispute, Kurukshetra courts of law will be the jurisdiction.
Selection Process: National Institute of Design Haryana Recruitment
- Screening of applications received may be done to restrict number of candidates to be called for selection process. NID HARYANA at its discretion may restrict the maximum number of candidates to be called for any stage of the selection process, for any or all the posts.
- Selection process may consist of Written Test and Personal Interview or a combination or any one of them or any other mode.
- The Personal Interview shall be conducted at NID HARYANA or as decided by the Institute on a date specified. No request for change of venue/ date of selection process shall be considered under any circumstances.
- Canvassing in any manner will entail disqualification of the candidature.
- List of shortlisted candidates shall be published on NID HARYANA website only for participating in the selection process. Such candidates additionally, may also be communicatedthrough e-mail.
- Documents/ Certificate to be produced at the time of selection process:
Following documents/certificates, in original along with one set of photocopy, are required to be brought at the time of appearing in the selection process, failing which the candidature will be summarily rejected and candidate will be debarred from participation in the further selection process:
- Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent certificate indicating date of birth, or mark sheet of Matriculation/10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating date of Birth in support of their claim of age. Where date of birth is not available in certificate/mark sheets issued by concerned Educational Boards, School leaving certificate indicating date of Birth will be considered.
- Higher Secondary / Class Xll (or equivalent) Board Certificate and Marks Sheet.
- Degree & Post Graduation Certificate along with Mark Sheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed.
- Experience Certificate from employer or otherwise as explained in point 27 of the General Instructions.
- The Caste/Tribe/Community certificates in the proforma prescribed and issued by the DOPT, Govt. of India vide letter no.F.No.36028/1/2014-Estt. (Res.) dated 3rd September 2015 will only be accepted as sufficient proof in support of a candidate’s claim to belong to Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward Class. The SC and ST certificates must be produced in the prescribed proforma (ANNEXURE I [A]).
Relevant Caste/Tribe/Community certificates are required to be submitted with duly completed application form. No other certificate will be accepted as a sufficient proof. The caste of the candidate must be in the State-wise Central list of SCs given at “http://socialjustice.nic.in/UserView/PrintUserView?mid=76750” or “http://www.socialjustice.nic.in/UserView/index?mid=76750”
The caste of the candidate must be in the State-wise Central list of STs given at“https://tribal.nic.in/ST/Latest List of Scheduled tribes.pdf”
OBC Non-Creamy Layer certificate should clearly mention that the candidate belongs to non- creamy layer and the caste of the candidate must be in the State-wise Central list of OBCs given at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/User_Panel/CentralListStateView.aspx. The OBC certificate must be produced in the prescribed proforma (ANNEXURE I [B]).
The EWS certificate must be produced in the prescribed proforma (Annexure I [C]). Certificate to be rendered by PwD is placed as Annexure I (D).
In case of applicants employed in Government / Semi Government Organizations / Autonomous Bodies, the Vigilance Clearance, NOC and Experience Certificate(s) from the Head(s) of Organization(s) for the entire experience claimed, clearly mentioning the duration of employment (date, month & year) indicating the basic pay, Grade Pay (GP)/Pay Matrix Level and consolidated pay. The certificate(s) should also mention the nature of duties performed/experience obtained in the post(s) with duration(s).
How to apply: National Institute of Design Haryana Recruitment
- Candidates should fill up the application in the prescribed format (Annexure II-for Teaching Positions and Annexure-III for Non-Teaching Positions) and attach copies of all educational qualifications, experience, Salary certificate, Vigilance Clearance, No Objection Certificate etc.., paste passport size photograph, sign the application and forward the application in an envelope to the following address;
Chief Administrative Officer
National Institute of Design, Haryana
Vill- UMRI, Dist.- Kuruskhetra-136131
- The last date for receipt of application in the above address is 1.05.2022. No applications will be accepted after the last date. In case the last date mentioned above is declared as a public holiday, the next working day will be treated as the last day for receipt of applications.
- The name of the post must be super-scribed “Post applied for [name of the post]” on top right side of the envelope.
- Any vigilance/ disciplinary cases should not be pending against the candidates working in any Govt./ Semi- Govt./ Autonomous Organizations. In such cases, application shall not be considered or scrutinized.
- Original documents along with one set of self-attested copies will have to be produced at the time of Interview for verification. Nonproduction of original of any of the requisite documents will render the candidate ineligible for appearing in the interview. In case the candidate is not fulfilling the criteria at the time of documents verification, he/she will not be allowed to appear in the interview despite passing the written test.
- Candidates are advised to visit NID HARYANA website http://www.nidh.ac.in regularly. Any addendum/ corrigendum shall be published only on the Institute website. List of candidates shortlisted for participating in various stages of the selection process will be displayed only on NID HARYANA website. No separate communication/intimation in this regard shall be made by the Institute.
- All communications in regard with recruitment will be made by Email only. Candidates should check their email including SPAM folder regularly. Name of the shortlisted candidates for Interview will be displayed on NID HARYANA website and intimation shall be sent only to registered e-mail id of candidate. No separate intimation will be sent by post.
- Hence, candidates are advised in their own interest to provide their working e- mail id and to white-list the e-mail id [email protected] so that communications from Institute does not end up in spam folder. NID HARYANA will not be responsible for non-receipt of intimation via e-mail due to any technical reason/ problem not attributable to the Institute.