National Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technology PhD Admission 2022: Applications are invited for admission to the Full-Time Ph.D.in the Department of Foundry Technology and Forge Technology, National Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Formerly National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology), Ranchi.
National Institute of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (Formerly National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology), Hatia, Ranchi – 834 003 (Jharkhand)
Applications are invited for admission to Full Time Ph.D.-2022
1. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
|S.N.||Department||Area of Research/Specializations||No. of Institute Research fellowship|
|1||Forge Technology||Forging Technology, Forging Die design, Forging process modeling and simulation, Special forging process like multidirectional forging, Powder forging, Isothermal forging||01|
|2||Foundry Technology||Solidification, Casting Design, Casting Simulation, Tooling Design, Advance foundry Technology.||02|
Eligibility for PhD
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): – Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): ME/ M.Tech./ M.Sc. Engineering its equivalent from a recognized Institute/University in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Foundry-Forge Technology, Material Science and Engineering and allied disciplines with at least 6.5 CGPA (or 60% marks) in aggregate.
BE/ B.Tech. / B.Sc. Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized Institute/University in Metallurgy & Materials Engineering, Production Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering and allied disciplines with at least 8.0 CGPA (or 75% marks) in aggregate.
Note: To be eligible for Institute Scholarship, a valid GATE score qualification is mandatory for candidates not possessing ME/ M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engineering degree.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): – Rs. 31000/- per month for the 1st and 2nd years and Rs 35000/- per month for the 3rd and 4th year for candidates admitted with Institute Scholarship.
4. How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from the Institute website (www.nifft.ac.in). The filled forms along with copy of certificate in support of educational qualification, reserve category and a DD (non-refundable) for Rs. 1000/- (for General/OBC/EWS) and Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST) in favour of NIFFT, Ranchi should be sent to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIAMT, Hatia, Ranchi – 834003
RESULT OF WRITTEN TEST AND SELECTION LIST WILL BE PUBLISHED ON INSTITUTE WEBSITE ONLY. NO INDIVIDUL COMMUNICATION WILL BE SENT.
5. Selection Process and Reservation
- Selection is based on written test/interview.
- The candidates have to come for written test/interview to NIAMT, Ranchi. No TA/DA admissible
- The candidates will have to produce all the relevant documents within 60 days from the date of admission, failing which his/her admission will be cancelled.
- The Institute will not be responsible for any postal delays/loss.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason therein.
- Reservation as per Govt. of India rules for admission
- Final admission is based on medical fitness.
- For all updates, please visit the Institute website (www.nifft.ac.in).
6. Important Dates
Application form may be downloaded from the Institute website (www.nifft.ac.in) from
- Downloading of PhD application form : 25-04-2022 onwards
- Last date for receipt of completed application form : 03-06-2022
- Date of Written Test : 04-07-2022
- Result on website : 29-07-2022
- Date of Admission : 17-08-2022
7. For any Quarries may Contact
Email : [email protected]
AR (Academic) 7301070311
Ph.D. Course Co-Ordinator 9536912014
Dean (Research) : 9431108164/9546663387