Mahishadal Raj College Admission to PhD Programme (Interdisciplinary), 2022 in Humanities & Social Sciences Notification.
(Govt. Sponsored), Estd – 1946
NAAC accredited „A‟ Grade College
Mahishadal , Purba Medinipur
Research Centre in Humanities & Social Sciences ( Affiliated to Vidyasagar University )
Ref. No.: 01/MRC/Ph.D/Adm./2022 Date : 27.07.2022
Notification for Admission to Ph.D. Programme (Interdisciplinary), 2022 in Humanities & Social Sciences
Applications are invited from eligible candidates with Master Degree in relevant subjects (i.e Bengali, English, History, Sanskrit, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology and Commerce) for admission to Ph.D. Programme (Interdisciplinary), 2022 in Humanities & Social Sciences, The Application Form is available on the college website i.e (www.mahishadalrajcollege.com) in the option “Ph.D Application (H.S.S) 2022” option. Applicants are advised to :
1) Download the Application Form
- Fill it up properly.
3) Pay the requisite fees of Rs. 500/- online using the payment link (Ph.D Application Fees )
- Scan your Application Form, the Payment receipt and all supporting documents as a single pdf file.
5) Send the single pdf file to the Email id : ([email protected] )
- The Hard Copy of your Application Form, payment receipt and all supporting documents (self attested ) must reach the college office within the scheduled date.
: Please Note The Important Dates : Mahishadal Raj College Admission
|01||Application will commence||28.07.2022|
|02||Last date of Application||16.08.2022|
|03||Last date of Application fees payment||16.08.2022|
|04||Last date of submission of the Hard Copy of Application form along with the supporting documents.||18.08.2022|
|05||Date of Publication of the list of eligible candidates for Research Entrance Test (RET)||24.08.2022|
|06||Date of Research Entrance Test (RET)||31.08.2022|
|07||Publication of Result of Research Entrance Test (RET)||08.09.2022|
|08||Publication of Final list of Candidates eligible for Viva-Voce||12.09.2022|
The admission to the Ph. D programme is guided by the regulation of “Vidyasagar University” and other relevant rules of the University. Admission to the programme will be given after a written Entrance Test (RET) followed by a persona; interview (viva).
Eligibility Criteria for Admission and Other Norms : Mahishadal Raj College Admission
1. Application for admission to Ph.D Programme of the College Research Centre will be addressed to the Principal within the stipulated date in the prescribed form along with self-attested copies of testimonials of the candidate.
- A person who has obtained Master Degree or a degree equivalent from any university or institution of higher learning (UGC affiliated ) or such degree as may be considered sufficient for this purpose will also be eligible for admission. The candidate has to be obtained at least 55% marks (or its equivalent grade in CGPA system ) for the students of UR Category and 50% marks (or equivalent grade in CGPA system) for the students of SC,ST,PH,OBC-A and OBC-B categories. However the following provisions are to be noted:
A ) The candidate must have completed at least a total period of 5 years in UG and PG studies or equivalent from a UGC recognized University of Institution in India/Abroad.
B ) The candidate will have to declare that the applicant is not currently admitted as a student in any full-time course of studies or registered as Ph.D scholar in any other university/Research Centre.
C ) A candidate who has a regular M.Phil., or a degree deemed to be equivalent by the Board of Research Studies (on the recommendation of the Ph.D. Committee concerned) will be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test/ Research Entrance Test (RET) for this purpose, and will have to apply through online and appear only at the interview (VIVA-VOCE) to be conducted by the Ph.D. Committee.
D ) Candidates who have qualified the UGC-NET (JRF/LS)/GATE/SET or any other equivalent examinations will also be exempted from appearing at the Written Admission Test/ Research Entrance Test (RET), and will have to apply as per the procedure and appear at the interview (VIVA-VOCE) only.
E ) In all other cases, the candidates will have to appear at the Written Admission Test/ Research Entrance Test (RET) and, if qualified, have to appear at the interview (VIVA-VOCE) to be conducted by the respective Ph.D. Committee, provided that the candidates, obtaining at least 50% marks at the Written Admission Test/ Research Entrance Test (RET).
F ) The interview for final selection will be held at Vidyasagar University. After final selection, successful candidates have to take admission and have to complete the Course Work. After the completion of the Course Work, the scholars) will have to appear at the Pre-Registration Seminar with their respective research topic(s) in consultation with their Research Supervisor(s) in the concerned department(s) of the college.
G ) Final semester PG students are eligible to apply for the Ph.D. Programme, provided that they fulfill the requisite criteria for during the admission.
H ) The syllabus of the Research Entrance Test (RET) consists of 50% in the area of Research Methodology and remaining 50% shall be subject-specific. For subject part of the Research Entrance Test (RET), the UGC/ NET syllabus will be followed.
3. Other necessary information related to question pattern, Iist of eligible candidates, schedule and venue of the Research Entrance Test ( RET), mode of entrance test etc. will be uploaded on the website i.e www.mahishadalrajcollege.com on timely basis.
- Mere passing the Research Entrance Test and successful performance in subsequent Viva- Voce will not confer any guarantee to a candidate for admission to Ph.D. programme. Admission of the successful candidates also depends on the availability of seats in the respective Department.
- Employed candidate(s), if selected for admission will have to submit No Objection Certificate from their present employer in the form of hard copy in original, before the commencement of the Ph.D Course work classes.
- Available seats will be distributed according to the reservation policy of the Government.
- The competent authority of the Research Centre reserves the right to cancel the admission of any scholar at any stage, if the applicant violates the rules and regulations/ is found guilty’ of producing fake documents.
Important Note : Mahishadal Raj College Admission
A student registered under the Research Centre of the college will be awarded the Ph.D degree by Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India.