Joshua Little is an Irish cricketer who was born on July 11, 2000, in Dublin, Ireland. He is a left-arm fast-medium bowler who has represented Ireland in various international cricket tournaments.
|Role : Bowler||Batting Style : Right-handed|
|Bowling Style : Left Arm Fast||Nationality : Ireland|
|DOB : 01 November 1999||IPL Team: Gujarat Titans|
Joshua Little, Ireland
Little made his debut for the Ireland cricket team in a T20 match against Afghanistan in August 2018. He also played his first One Day International (ODI) match for Ireland against Afghanistan in March 2019.
In June 2019, Little was selected in the Ireland squad for the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. He played in three matches for Ireland during the tournament, including the match against eventual champions England, where he took the wicket of Jonny Bairstow.
In August 2020, Little was named in Ireland’s squad for their series against England. In the first match of the series, he took his first five-wicket haul in international cricket.
Overall, Little is considered as one of the promising young talents in Irish cricket and has shown the potential to become a key player for Ireland in the future.
International Cricket Records
Joshua Little, the Irish left-arm fast-medium bowler, has played for Ireland in both T20 Internationals (T20Is) and One Day Internationals (ODIs). Here are some of his international records:
- Little has taken 14 wickets in 11 ODI matches, with a best bowling figure of 4/45 against the Netherlands in August 2019.
- He has also taken 9 wickets in 10 T20I matches, with a best bowling figure of 3/29 against Oman in February 2019.
- Little has played in three matches for Ireland in the ICC Cricket World Cup, taking two wickets at an average of 51.00 and an economy rate of 6.75.
- He has taken five-wicket haul once in international cricket, in the first ODI of the three-match series against England in August 2020.
- During the 2022 T20 Cricket World Cup match against New Zealand held on November 4, Joshua Little managed to take a hat-trick by dismissing three key players of the opponent team, namely Kane Williamson, James Neesham, and Mitchell Santner.
IPL 2023 Career
In the auction for the 2023 season of the Indian Premier League held in December 2022, Joshua Little was bought by Gujarat Titans, thus becoming the first Irish cricketer to secure a contract in the IPL.