Two Day International Seminar
Developing a Healthy Mind: Role of Society, Culture and Education
Department of Education
in collaboration with
Venue: Seminar Hall, Dept. of Education
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Date: 19th and 20th May, 2022 Time: 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM
All Academicians, Educationists, Policy Makers, College/University Faculty Members, Librarians, Research Scholars , Students are here by requested to register their names and attend the above mentioned Seminar.
- Role of Society for developing a Healthy Mind.
- Role of Culture for developing a Healthy Mind.
- Role of Education for developing a Healthy Mind.
- Coping with Pandemic Fatigue.
- Mental Health Resource and Finding Meaningful Mental Health Supports.
- Supporting Metacognition, Self-Efficacy and Resourcefulness for Academic Success & Wellbeing.
- Unprecedented Times require Unprecedented Skills : Boosting Motivation, Productivity and Focus to reduce Stress.
- Life Promotion : An Approach to strengthen Mental Health Resilience.
- Mind and Body, Sound Mind, Sound Body. Physical Health and Mental Health.
- Eating the Right Food.
- Importance of Exercise.
- Keeping the Mind Active.
- Social Media, Smartphone Addiction and Mental Health.
- Mind Diet.
- Challenge of Maintenance of Good Mental Health.
- Mental Health and Its Promotion, Social Determinants, Community Development, Developing Sustainable Interventions, Intersectoral Approach, National-International Collaboration and Role of WHO
- Mental Health, Its Positivity, Intrinsic Value, Culture, Social Capital, Human Rights, Developing Indicators.
- Any Relevant Sub-Theme.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Abstracts are invited in not more than 250 words on the above sub-themes from academicians, educationists, teachers, scholars, librarians, policy makers, research scholars and students.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed and evaluated before final acceptance.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will be invited to submit and present their papers at the seminar. Abstracts in Bengali and English only will be accepted. Facilities will be available for those who are interested in making power point presentations at the seminar.
- After the seminar, only selected papers will be published in an Edited Volume based on the recommendation of the Expert Committee. Time for submitting full length papers for inclusion in the edited volume will be announced after the seminar.
- The length of the final submission should not exceed 2000 words, excluding footnotes or endnotes.
- The abstract and the final submission must be typed in Times New Roman, with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing.
- The APA Style of Reference (8th Edition) must be strictly followed for submitting the abstract and the final paper.
The abstract and the selected paper should be submitted as an attachment to the email ID
[email protected] with the following information:
- Name, 2. Affiliation with Institution, 3. Address for Correspondence, 4. Contact Details: Phone No. and E-mail Id, 5. Title of the Abstract/Paper.
Last Date for Submission of Abstracts (Soft-Copy): 11th May, 2022
Intimation on Selection of the Abstract: 15th May, 2022
Date of Seminar: 19th and 20th May, 2022 Time: 10.30 am – 5:30pm
Rs. 1000/- only For Academicians, Educationists, Policy Makers, College/University Faculty Members, Librarians, Research Scholars; Rs. 300/- only For UG/PG Students.
How to reach:
Kolkata is the gateway of eastern India. A city with a rich heritage, bustling streets and bewildering variety of facets. The city is well connected through road, rail and air.
By Air: Most of the international & domestic airlines have direct services to and from Kolkata to other important cities. The Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose airport is the international and domestic airport at Dum Dum. The Dum Dum metro station is about 5 km from the airport.
By Rail: Superfast trains like Rajdhani Express, Coromondal Express, Shatabdi Express, Gitanjali Express join it to the national capital, major and nearby cities. The city has three major stations at Howrah, at Sealdah and another at Kolkata (Chitpur).
By Road: Kolkata is connected to all the nearby places by road. Well connected national highways (NH2, NH6 & NH34) connect it to important cities in the country. The Esplanade Terminus is the main bus terminus that lies in the heart of the city. The main campus of Jadavpur University is located in South Kolkata. This campus is quite close by and well accessible from the Kolkata airport and the two major railway stations. Buses, Tramways, Taxis, Metro provide public transportation in Kolkata and provide connectivity to this the campus. Besides, the Main Campus is connected through city railways (Jadavpur Railway station).
Whom to Contact: In case of any queries/clarification, the same can be conveyed to: The Secretary, “Byanjanbarna Foundation”, Kolkata by sending an e-mail to [email protected] or through phone. Contact No. : 9051631232.