Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy Contractual Engagement For Technical Associate Library Information Services.
P.O. New Forest, Dehradun -248006
Written and interview
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for engagement of staff position in the library on purely contractual basis. The engagement of staff will be initially for the period of one year, which may be extended after review of the performance of the incumbent.
The details including the eligibility criteria, Terms of Services (TOS) etc., are as under:
Name of Position: Technical Associate (Library & Information Services) with Consolidated emoluments of Rs. 40,000/- per month.
- Essential qualification:
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science with at least 55% marks or its equivalent from a recognized university
- Experience: Experience of Working in any government/autonomous/private Academic/Educational/Training organization for at least 15 years and handling of research database management related projects and proven experience of digitization of library.
- Desirable: PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking or PGDCA or BCA equivalent along with good knowledge of Library Software from any recognized institution. Candidates with relevant experience and knowledge of Library Automation, E-office file movement, uploading the documents on webpage, Digital Library, and Information Management will be preferred.
Age Limit : Candidate age should not be more than 50 years on the date of advertisement.
Responsibility and Duties
- To assist in management of all aspects of the library & Information Services including Technical Processing, collection development and virtual reference service.
- Library automation, information retrieval, content delivery, skills and competencies for the management of digital information systems multimedia technology.
- To monitor the digital library, automation, access, virtual reference service and manage the archive and its access.
- Implementation of library and information policies & procedures, classification of books
- Maintenance of collection management policies and procedures
- Development and Maintenance of special indexing services for special collections
- Manage interlibrary loan and Document Delivery service
- Prepare and maintain Institutional Repositories of training and knowledge resources.
- Procuring books on requisition received from the officials of the IGNFA
- Works assigned from time to time
- Interested individuals fulfilling the requisite qualification and experience may apply in given formate ( Annexure- 2) along with CV with certificates photocopies of supporting documents (Qualifications, experience and age proof) in an envelope clearly subscribed “Engagement of Staff for Library” along with reference number to the LIO, IGNFA (Library), Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, New Forest Dehradun, by post or by hand on or before 30.07.2022 at 5.30 P.M. Applications received after the due date or without supporting documents shall not be considered.
- The IGNFA will not be responsible for any delay in receipt of any application. Applications received after the last date of applications (i.e. 5.30PM on 30.07.2022) or incomplete in any respect, will be summarily rejected without any intimation.
- The IGNFA reserves the right to accept or reject in part or in full or all the responses without assigning any reason whatsoever. Only candidates whose candidatures have been provisionally accepted after initial screening shall be called for Written exam/ interview. No TA/DA will be provided for appearing for the interview/ written exam.
- Kindly bring original certificate along with one set of attested photocopies of these certificates and resume with photograph for interview whenever called.
Annexure – I
Term of Services (ToS)
- Selected consultants will be entitled to draw a consolidated remuneration. No other pay and allowance of any nature whatsoever would be admissible.
- During the period of engagement, the consultant shall work full time with the IGNFA and shall not take any other assignments.
- The period of engagement may be terminated in the following circumstances: –
- By either party on one month’s notice at any stage. Provided further that the IGNFA, in lieu of such notice, may give a sum equivalent to the amount of remuneration of the notice period.
- In the event the consultant is found unfit on any account or if he is found guilty of any insubordination and any misconduct, his/her services can be terminated by the Director, IGNFA without any pervious notice and assigning any reason.
- Contract should be renewed as per performance basis.
Period of Engagement:
- The initial tenure of engagement for a person as Consultant would be one year which can be extended by one more years (1+1), subject to performance. Continuation of the Consultant beyond two years will be considered on case to case basis with the approval of Competent Authority. .
- As the positions are temporary in nature and purely contractual, in no case any request for promotion of a candidate shall be entertained.
- No request for allotment of Government accommodation shall be entertained
- Consultant shall be eligible for 8 days leave in a single year of consultancy.
- The leave shall accrue to them on completed month basis calculated from their date of joining on pro-rata basis.
- Consultant shall not be given any remuneration in case of his/ her absence beyond 8 days in a year (calculated on pro-rata basis)
- Un-availed leave in tenure of single year cannot be carried forward to next tenure of 1 year.
- The intervening Saturday, Sunday or Gazetted Holidays during a spell of leave not be counted against the permitted period of leave, i.e. 8 days in all.
Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy
Post Office New Forest
Dehradun – 248006