Advt. No: DP/5/5 (Open) 21st July 2022
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) is a diversified, integrated energy major with presence across the entire Hydrocarbon value chain and Alternative Energy sources. The organisation has risen to position of leadership with its ubiquitous presence and its diligence to make a mark in the lives of the citizens of India.
For over six decades now, the organization has contributed to the growth of the nation, relying on its inherent strengths and innovations to reset industry benchmarks time and again.
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. has been featuring year after year among India’s Best Companies to Work For and has been recognized as Best Employer among Nation-Builders.
Recording an all-time high Profit After Tax of Rs. 24,184 Crore in FY 2021-22, the organisation is poised to achieve even greater heights through its high-calibre people adopting best practices aided by state-of-the-art technologies, cutting-edge R&D.
To fuel its future growth, Indian Oil is looking for experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Law Officers with bright academic record and rich experience to join the Organization in following positions:
|1. Senior Law Officer||A1||Rs.60000 – 180000||9|
|2. Law Officer||A||Rs.50000 – 160000||9|
Vacancy: Category wise break up of Vacancies in the aforesaid positions is as under:
|Grade A1||6||1||1||1||0||9||2 [ HH-1, Others-1]|
|Grade A||4||1||2||1||1||9||2 [ HH-1, Others-1]|
*A candidate can apply in Only ONE of the two positions above.
** Reservations for PwBD categories will be extended on horizontal basis.
|Category Graduation + LLB 5 years Integrated LLB Degree Graduation LLB General/EWSs/OBC(NCL) 60% 60% 60% SC/ST/PwBD 55% 55% 55%|
Detailed eligibility criteria for aforesaid positions in respect of prescribed educational qualification, age, experience, application procedure, shortlisting methodology etc. is mentioned below:
1.0 Eligibility Criteria: Candidates meeting eligibility criteria as below may apply for the advertised positions
|1.1||Who can Apply||Only Indian Nationals, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria, are eligible to apply.|
|1.2||Educational Qualification (Qualifying Degree)||Qualifying Degree: Qualification obtained as Full-time Regular course from Institutions/ Colleges/ Universities/ Deemed Universities duly recognized by AICTE/UGC in anyone of the following:Graduate Degree in any discipline AND Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) OR 5 years Integrated LLB DegreeMinimum Percentage of Marks: Candidates should have secured the following minimum percentage of marks in Graduation and LLB as below: Calculation of percentage of marks in the qualifying degree would be governed by institute/university rules. Rounding off of percentage is not allowed. The LLB degree should also enjoy recognition from the Bar Council of India. Wherever final marks in the qualifying degree have been awarded as letter grade (CGPA/GPI/SGPA etc), equivalent percentage of marks shall be calculated as per conversion formula issued by respective institute/university for establishing eligibility criteria. Such candidates would be required to submit the conversion certificate issued by the concerned institute/university at the time of Personal Interview, if shortlisted.However, in case the institute does not follow any conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage, the candidate will have to submit a certificate to this effect duly issued by concerned institute/university at the time of Personal Interview, if shortlisted. In such cases, IOCL shall be at liberty to arrive at equivalent percentage of marks following its own conversion formula.Proof of Qualification: The following are required to be produced in Original for verification at the time of document verification, if shortlistedMarksheets and Passing Certificate of class 10 and onwardsCertificate(s) evidencing award of degree along with marksheets of all semesters/years for aforesaid qualifying degrees (as applicable)|
|c. Copy of registration certificate with Bar Council of India (applicable for those candidates who are claiming work experience of law firms, chambers of practicing advocates and/or engaged in independent practice in the field of law).|
|1.3||Upper Age Limit||Upper Age Limit: Candidates applying from General/EWS category should not be more than 30 years (for Grade A) and 33 years (for Grade A1) as on 30th June 2022. Relaxation to candidates applying from other categories shall apply as per government guidelines. Following cut off on Date of Birth shall apply: Relaxation in age to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs – As per extant guidelines of Government of India.|
|1.4||Post- qualification Work Experience||Minimum Post-qualification Experience Required:Candidates must possess minimum cumulative professional experience as below. Position Minimum Duration of Professional Experience (As on 30th June 2022) For Grade A1 5 Years For Grade A 2 Years Only those Work experience shall be counted towards eligibility which have been obtained after the date of declaration of the final Law qualification result. Work Experience from following concerns/areas only shall be considered towards eligibility:Candidates practicing as an advocate in courts or tribunalsCandidates working with Law FirmsCandidates working with Private/ Public Sector Organizations handling Legal functionsCandidates working with Central/ State Governments handling Legal functionDecision to accept any or all work experience claimed by the candidate in line with the above paras lies solely with IOCL.|
|Category For Grade A (Law Officer) Born on or after For Grade A1 (Senior Law Officer) Born on or after Non PwBD PwBD Non PwBD PwBD General, EWS 01st July 1992 01st July 1982 01st July 1989 01st July 1979 OBC (NCL) 01st July 1989 01st July 1979 01st July 1986 01st July 1976 SC, ST 01st July 1987 01st July 1977 01st July 1984 01st July 1974|
|4. Proof of Experience: Candidate shall furnish work experience document(s) in Original issued by the respective organization(s) / Law Firm(s) / Court(s) /Government Office(s) on respective letter head at the time of document verification [if shortlisted] containing following:|
|i) Name of organization / Law Firm / Courts / Government Offices|
|ii) Work Profile along with designation in the organization / Law Firm / Courts / Government Offices|
|iii) Dates of Service Period (From – To) for Organization/ Law Firm/Govt Offices.|
|1.4||Post- qualification Work Experience||For lawyers working independently in courts shall furnish record of appearances issued by respective courts. The period between the oldest appearance and the latest appearance (before 30th June 2022) shall be referred to establishing work experience criteria. In the absence of any of the aforesaid details in letter head, IOCL shall be at liberty to summarily reject the candidature of the candidate at any stage of the recruitment process.|
|5. Internships, Teaching experience, Part Time Work or any other work experience gathered as a part of acquiring qualification, or short-term trainee (summer/ winter project etc) will not be considered as relevant experience.|
|6. Essential Work Experience Areas:|
|Candidates should have experience of working in any of the following areas:|
|Handling litigation (Civil, Consumer and Criminal matters) before Judicial/ Quasi-Judicial Forums,Arbitration conciliation and other dispute resolution mechanisms,Drafting & vetting various legal or contractual documents, providing legal opinions, handling legal matters including issues pertaining to Mergers, Acquisitions & Joint Ventures, Regulatory matters, etc|
|1.5||Desired Skill||Knowledge of all applicable laws, rules and regulationsExcellent written and verbal communicationHaving experience in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical IndustryAbility to prepare complex legal documents|
|1.6||Reservation||Reservation of posts for candidates from EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwBD will be available as per directives of Government of India.Candidates belonging to EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/PwBD should have valid certificate in support of their claim of belonging to such category, to be eligible for claiming reservation under the respective category.For getting the benefits of reservation under OBC(NCL) category:Name of caste to which candidate belongs must appear in the Central List of Other Backward Classes of respective state as notified by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India for appointment to posts under GOI and Central Govt. Public Sector Undertakings. The name of the caste mentioned in the certificate should be spelled exactly in the same manner as appearing in the central list.Candidates should be able to produce caste certificate issued by the competent authority in the latest prescribed format applicable for purpose of reservation in appointment to posts under Government of India/Central Government Public Sector Undertaking.The certificate must contain date of issue along with name of caste, spelled exactly in the same manner as appearing in the central list.The OBC category candidates who belong to “CREAMY LAYER” are not entitled for OBC(NCL) concession/reservation and such candidates shall have to apply as “General” category candidate.The OBC(NCL) certificate should have been issued in the FY 2022-23.For getting the benefits of reservation under SC/ST category:Name of caste to which candidate belongs must appear in the Central List of SC and ST of respective state as notified respectively by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India and Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India.The caste certificate must contain date of issue along with name of caste.The candidates need to furnish their SC/ST certificate as per the latest format prescribed by Government of India.For getting the benefits of reservation under EWSs category:The Income and Asset Certificate shall be valid for the year 2022 – 23 and shall be prepared on the basis of income and asset verification for the financial year 2021 – 22.Name of the caste should be clearly mentioned in the aforesaid certificate.Applicant’s photo on the certificate should be duly pasted, signed and stamped by issuing authority. For getting the benefit of reservation under PwBD category: The candidate should meet following criteria to claim relaxation and reservation under PwBD categoryDegree of Disability – Minimum 40% Permanent disability.PwBD certificate as per latest Govt of India format applicable to relevant category of disability.|
|1.7||Document Readiness||Candidates must possess ORIGINALS of all necessary certificates/testimonials in support of their Name, age, educational qualification, experience eligibility, caste etc. as per this Advertisement, at the time of GD/GT and PI, if shortlisted.Candidates will be allowed to participate in GD, GT and PI subject to producing all relevant and valid documents in latest applicable formats in support of information furnished by them [and relaxations availed, if any] in the ONLINE application.Candidates are therefore advised to exercise utmost caution while filling up the application form.Candidates availing relaxation of any kind should have relevant supporting documents in Original and in latest central government format as applicable.Candidates shortlisted for GD, GT and PI would have to furnish these documents in original in latest format at the time of document verification, failing which the candidate may not be allowed to participate further in the recruitment process.|
|1.8||Physical Fitness||a. Pre – Employment Medical Examination Guidelines (PEME Guidelines) – Final selection of candidates is subject to meeting the physical fitness criteria as described in the PEME guidelines. Therefore, Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment Medical Examination’ placed on the registration portal and should satisfy they meet the physical fitness parameters as per the PEME guidelines before commencing filling the ONLINE application. The medical report towards physical fitness – as per format mentioned in the guidelines shall be required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of joining, if finally selected for the advertised positions.|
2.0 How to Apply:
|Application Process||There is NO Application FeeCandidates must go through this detailed advertisement very carefully and check their eligibility before proceeding to apply ONLINE for the position.A Candidate can apply in ONLY for one of the two positions – Senior Law Officer (Grade A1) or Law Officer (Grade A) – advertised in this advertisement. An application once submitted will not be taken up for any editing/change later on.The relevant link to apply ONLINE is available on the Indian Oil’s website at https://iocl.com/latest-job-opening on www.iocl.com Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving correct and complete information.Prior to applying ONLINE, Candidate would be required to register their email id and mobile number on the online portal. Therefore, they must have a valid email id and mobile number, both of which should remain active for minimum 01 year from the date of application. Since communications to the candidates shall be made on their registered email id and/or mobile number. Post registration of email id and mobile number, request for change of e-mail ID and mobile number will not be entertained.|
- Candidate should have following documents ready for uploading on the ONLINE portal at the time of registration:
- Scanned copy of Recent Color Passport Size Photograph, not older than January 2022.
- Scanned copy of Signature
- At the start of application process, candidate will be asked following details on the recruitment portal:
- CLAT 2022 Admit Card Number
- CLAT 2022 Application Number
- Date of Birth (dd-mm-yyyy format)
- Score obtained in CLAT 2022 (up to two places of decimal without rounding off).
The portal will allow the candidate to proceed further only when the entries made against above queries match with CLAT 2022 database.
- The portal will capture candidate’s photo using candidate’s system camera through its in-built feature. Additionally, candidate will also be required to upload colour photo (not older than Jan 2022) during the registration process.
- Candidate must read the On-Screen instructions very carefully while applying and filling the entries in the ONLINE form. Candidate must keep on verifying their entries repeatedly prior to submitting their ONLINE application, as no request for changes in the entries shall be entertained after submission of the ONLINE application form.
- Furnishing of wrong/false information or suppression of factual information will lead to disqualification. Since all the applications will initially be screened without documentary evidence, the candidates must fully satisfy themselves of meeting the eligibility criteria as mentioned in this detailed advertisement.
- Candidature of the candidates not found meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria shall be rejected at any stage of selection process. Candidature of the candidate submitting false/ incorrect information/ incomplete/ suppressing factual information shall be rejected at any stage of selection process.
- If at any stage during/after the selection process, it is found that a candidate has furnished false or wrong information or has suppressed factual information or is found ineligible with respect to any of the eligibility parameters, his/her candidature will be rejected. If any of the above discrepancies w.r.t. eligibility parameters, furnishing of wrong/false information and or suppressing of any material fact is detected/noticed even after appointment, his/her services will be liable for termination without any further notice. Candidate may also render himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution.
- Candidature of the candidates shall be processed based upon information furnished by them in their application form at the time of applying online. Thereafter, any request for change in the application form whatsoever shall not be entertained from candidates.
- Candidates applying from any of the reserved category [EWS/OBC(NCL)/ SC/ST/PwBD] must have relevant and valid document in central government format in support of their claim of belonging to reserved category from which they are applying, failing which their candidature may be cancelled. Such candidates must furnish details of such documents in ONLINE application portal wherever asked for.
- Applications submitted ONLY through ONLINE portal will be accepted for the advertised positions. Candidate must keep .pdf format of the ONLINE application form in their safe custody for future reference. Candidates need not send this printout to any office of Indian Oil.
- The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/testimonials, medical fitness etc.
- Canvassing in any form at any stage of recruitment process will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- IOCL may cancel this recruitment process at its sole discretion at any point of the recruitment exercise without offering any reason for cancellation.
3.0 Selection Process: Selection process shall consist of Performance of candidate in CLAT 2022 PG examination, Group Discussion (GD), Group Task (GT) and Personal Interview (PI).
|3.1||Shortlisting Procedure for GD, GT and PI||Shortlisting of eligible candidates for GD, GT and PI shall be done category wise in descending order of their marks (Out of 120) obtained in CLAT 2022 (for PG Group) Examination Merely appearing in CLAT 2022 examination does not guarantee short-listing for GD, GT and Personal Interview.However, only those candidates shall be allowed to appear in GD, GT and PI who would meet the eligibility criteria by furnishing relevant and valid documents in latest formats in Original at the time of document verification.|
|3.2||Merit List||Merit list shall be prepared only of those candidates who qualify in all of the components of evaluation process individually as well as consolidated weighted sum of all evaluation components as below:Marks Obtained in CLAT 2022 (weightage 85%)Group Discussion and Group Task (weightage 5%)Personal Interview (weightage 10%)|
4.0 Other Information:
|4.1||Nature of Job (Indicative )||The selected candidate shall be required to independently undertake all activities associated with the following: Litigation involving Civil, Consumer and Criminal matters before different Judicial/ Quasi-Judicial forums, involving drafting and vetting of pleadings, notices etc. and attending such proceedings in the aforesaid forumsAlternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms involving drafting and vetting of pleadings, notices etc and attending such proceedings before ADR forumsDrafting and vetting of various kinds of contractual documents including agreements, notices etc.Rendering Legal opinion on various business issues including those related to Mergers, Acquisition and Joint Ventures, regulatory matters etc.|
|4.2||Remunera tion||The following pay scale shall apply for the advertised positions: Grade Starting Basic pay Pay Scale Gross valuation of remuneration Grade A1 Rs.60,000.00 Rs.60,000 – 1,80,000 19.51 Lacs Senior Law Officer Grade A Rs.50,000.00 Rs.50,000 – 1,60,000 16.26 Lacs Law Officer In addition to starting Basic pay, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, and as amended from time to time. Other allowances /benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, gratuity, contributory provident fund, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC)/ LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, conveyance advance/ maintenance reimbursement, performance related pay (PRP) etc as per rules of the corporation. The gross valuation of remuneration to the company is inclusive of performance related pay (PRP). The actual remuneration may vary depending on place of posting, financial performance of the Corporation and annual performance appraisal of the individual.|
|4.3||Service Bond||Selected Candidates will have to execute a bond to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining the Corporation as under: Category Bond Amount General Rs. Three Lakhs only EWS/OBC(NCL)/SC/ST/ PwBD Rs. Fifty Thousand only|
|4.4||Last date for applying||Last date of applying for posts advertised in this advertisement is 14th August 2022|
|4.5||Contact Us||In case of any query, Candidates can write to us at [email protected]|
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When will IOCL announce date for GD/GT and PI – The shortlisted candidates will be informed about their GD/GT and PI schedule in due course.
- I made some mistake in my application form [eg – I entered my category as General whereas I belong to EWS or vice versa etc] – Do you allow any Editing in Application Form already submitted – No change is allowed. Please fill the application form very carefully.
c. Is there any Application Fee – No.
- I scored 54.99% in my Graduation/LLB/Integrated course. Do you allow rounding it off to 55.00%? –
Rounding off of percentage is NOT allowed.
- I am not sure whether I fulfil the criteria for getting benefit under SC/ ST/ OBC(NCL) /EWS /PwBD category. What do I do? – The onus of claim to belong to any of these categories and providing a valid relevant certificate to this effect rests with the candidate. Hence, the candidate should satisfy himself/herself fully before claiming to belong to one of these categories.
In case it is found at any stage of recruitment process/ any time after recruitment, that the candidate has obtained reservation benefits by submitting false/ incorrect certificate/ information; the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled/ services terminated immediately.