Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur: Applications are invited from Indian Nationals, with consistently good academic record and interdisciplinary research potential, for full-time Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) to carryout research & teaching in the following two categories:
- Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) – for General and Reserved Categories
- Prof. Meghnad Saha Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) – for SC/ST/NCL-OBC/EWS Categories
About Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) positions are temporary research positions which may be offered to those who seek to choose research as a profession. The research work during the Post-Doctoral period is encouraged to be in interdisciplinary areas of mutual interest to both the Post-Doctoral Fellows and the Institute. Post-Doctoral Fellows are expected to further enhance the interdisciplinary research culture at the Institute.
The Institute engages candidates with consistently good academic record and interdisciplinary research potential, as full-time Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) to carryout research in the following areas at the Institute:
(1) Bioscience & Bioengineering,
(3) Chemical Engineering,
(4) Civil Engineering,
(5) Computer Science & Engineering,
(6) Electrical Engineering,
(7) Humanities & Social Sciences,
(9) Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
(10) Mechanical Engineering,
(11) Physics, and
(12) Sophisticated Instrumentation.
Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PDF) positions
1. Institute Post-Doctoral Fellowships – for General and Reserved Categories
These are temporary research positions which may be offered to those who seek to choose research as a profession. The research work during the Post-Doctoral period is encouraged to be in interdisciplinary areas as per the details of PIs, Projects and Department mentioned on the Web portal of IIT Jodhpur. Post- Doctoral Fellows are expected to further enhance the interdisciplinary research culture at the Institute.
- Applicant’s Eligibility
Applicant must hold Ph.D. with first class or equivalent grade in preceding degree in respective discipline, with a consistently good academic record & demonstrative evidence of research output (Papers and/or Patents). The candidates are eligible to apply within five years after completion of Ph.D.
Ph.D. scholars after submission of thesis are also eligible to apply for Institute PDF posts. However, they have to submit the provisional/degree certificate within 6 months from the date of appointment as Institute PDF. If not submitted within the time limit, the appointment will stands cancelled or a decision will be taken in consultation with thesis processing authority.
IIT Jodhpur Ph.D. scholars will be not be eligible to apply for Institute PDF.
Post Doc’s joining IIT Jodhpur will not be eligible to apply for Faculty positions of IIT Jodhpur.
- Age Limit
Applicants for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship must not exceed 32 years for male and 35 years for female candidates (to be relaxed by 5 years in case of persons with physical disability, SC and ST and 3 years in case of OBC-NCL)
The duration of the fellowship is initially for a period of 2 years, extendable for a further period of one more year based on the progress of the Post-Doctoral Fellow, and the recommendation of the Department.
- Fellowship Grant
Post-Doctoral Fellow shall be paid a fellowship amount between 55,000-65,000/- consolidated per month (depending upon experience and qualification). If available, suitable on-campus accommodation may be provided as per IIT Jodhpur norms or HRA (as per rules).
- Other Benefits
- Contingency Grant: A contingency grant of Rs. 50,000 per annum will be provided to the Post-Doctoral Fellow for research purpose. The unspent amount can be carried over to the next financial year.
- Medical benefits: At par with the Ph.D. Students.
Research, Teaching/Teaching Assistance as decided by the Institute.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow is eligible for leave for upto 30 days in a year (two and a half day per month) for each completed year of the fellowship. The leave can be availed on a prorata basis for the duration.
If the Post-Doctoral Fellow wishes to leave the program before the end of the tenure, he/she can do so with prior consent of the PAC and by giving one month’s notice. The Fellowship may be terminated by the Institute, if the performance/conduct of the Fellow is unsatisfactory, by giving one month’s notice to the Fellow.
2. Prof. Meghnad Saha Post-Doctoral Fellowships (PDFs) – for SC/ST/NCL-OBC/EWS Categories
In order to provide an option to young Ph. D’s (belonging to SC /ST/ NCL-OBC/EWS categories) to have rich post-doctoral research and teaching experience, IIT Jodhpur has proposed to institute a Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in the 75th year of India’s freedom in remembrance of Prof. Meghnad Saha, an eminent astro-physicist and an advocate for science based national development. The details and guidelines of the fellowship are given below:
- Applicant’s Eligibility
The scheme is open only for SC/ST/NCL-OBC/EWS candidates who are citizens of India. Preference will be for Ph.D.’s in Engineering and Science. One can apply for this scheme immediately after submission of the Ph.D. thesis, till completion of three years from Ph.D. defence. The scheme is also open for candidates who are currently employed full time in teaching institutes across the country.
- Age Limit
The upper age limit for the Post-Doctoral fellowship is 38 years at the time of the submission of application.
The tenure will be for a maximum of two years and the fellowship will be purely a temporary assignment. Minimum duration of the fellowship will be six months.
- Fellowship Grant
Post-Doctoral Fellow shall be paid a fellowship amount of Rs. 75,000/- per month will be available after the defence of the Ph. D. thesis, whereas Rs. 55,000/- per month will be awarded before the defence of
the Ph.D. thesis. They will be entitled to house rent as per DST norm or hostel accommodation based upon availability of rooms.
The fellows will be eligible for 15 days of leave per calendar year.
The candidate will be engaged in UG/PG teaching/teaching assistance for 10 hours per week.
General Instruction to Applicants for both the Post-Doctoral Positions: Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur
Interested candidates may apply with all the details requested in ONLINE application placed on the online portal of IIT Jodhpur (www.iitj.ac.in). Further.
- Candidates are required to go through the web page of the Advertisement which contains the list of the projects with name of the PIs and Affiliation. Applications are invited in those areas only.
- One candidate can apply in maximum of two projects.
- This is a rolling advertisement and applications are welcomed throughout the year. The first round of application deadline is one month from the date of advertisement, however positions will remain open until filled. The applicants are required to apply only through ONLINE process only and upload relevant documents accordingly. Please do not send any hard copy of the document.
- Selection process will involve shortlisting at relevant academic unit and shortlisted candidates will be called for presentation on the proposed work and interview.
- The performance of the Post-Doctoral Fellow(s) will be assessed by the Performance Assessment Committee (PAC) as per Institute’s norms. The performance of a fellow will be evaluated after the one year by a committee and based on satisfactory performance only the fellowship will be extended further for second year.
- The positions are purely on contract/temporary basis.
- The candidate will be engaged as per the norms of the Institute.
- The fellows are not eligible to receive any other fellowship from any Government or Non- Governmental source during the tenure of the fellowship.
- Application with insufficient information or without relevant supporting documents will not be considered for further processing.
- The Institute may verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a person at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents or background and has suppressed the said information, then his or her services shall be terminated.
- The prescribed essential qualification and experience indicated are bare minimum, and mere possessions of same will not entitle the applicants to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large, it may not be convenient and/or possible for the Institute to conduct interview for all the applicants. In such cases, the Institute may restrict the number of applicants to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualification and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, applicants should furnish details of all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above (if any) the minimum qualification prescribed along with documentary evidences.
- In case of exceptional candidates, the Institute reserves the right to relax age, qualifications and/or experience. Applicants are requested to upload the certificates in required format along with the application form.
- The Candidates applied in earlier advertisement of PDFs is required to apply afresh. The earlier application will not be considered.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all of the advertised posts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to the section on Frequently Asked Questions. Potential applicants to PDF Positions have asked many questions. A few of such Frequently Asked Questions are addressed here, and are pertaining to the following categories:
C. Professional Development,
D. IIT Jodhpur & Surroundings, and
E. Life @ IIT Jodhpur.
Please send your unanswered questions to Associate Dean (Faculty) at [email protected].