Indian Institute of Public Administration Applications are invited for the post of Chair Professor (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Chair) at IIPA (Latest By 31-08-2022).
The Indian Institute of Public Administration, an apex National Institute for the study of Public Administration and Governance, engaged in high end Research and Training programmes for the Union and State Governments, Public Sector Enterprises and not-for Profit Organisations, invites applications from Indian Nationals for the post of following position:-
Chair Professor (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Chair) 1 Post:
Area: Adequate knowledge and working experience on Dr. Ambedkar thoughts and works
Salary: Academic Level: 14 (pre-revised Rs 37400-67000+AGP Rs 10,000)
Mode of Appointment: On Deputation/ Contract basis
Age limit: 57 years (as on last date of the application)
Duration: Initially up to 3 years, which may be extended on need basis and subject to satisfactory performance
Essential Qualifications and Experience
1. An eminent scholar with Ph. D in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration, Constitutional Law and/or Dr. Ambedkar Studies actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
2. A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University/College, and experience in Research at the University/National Level Institution/Industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at Doctoral level.
3. Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses along with technology-mediated teaching learning process.
4. Adequate knowledge and working experience on Dr. Ambedkar’s thoughts and works and should posses a proven commitment to the cause of Social Justice/Human Rights including emancipation of Dalits, Backward castes/Classes, Women and Minorities.
5. Preference will be given to persons belonging to SC/ST, backward Classes or those belonging to other Socially and Economically Weaker Sections of the Society.
An outstanding Professional/Civil Servant with minimum ten years of Senior level experience and possessing Ph D in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline along with established reputation and experience in the relevant field who has made significant contributions to cause of Dr. Ambedkar’s Studies and Thoughts/ Social Justice/ Human Rights including emancipation of Dalits, Backward caste/ Classes, Women and Minorities to be substantiated by credentials.
General Conditions : Indian Institute of Public Administration
1. Application form duly filled in all respect by the candidate must be supported by Self attested copies of all certificates, Mark sheets, evidence of teaching, research experience and MA/M.Phil/Ph D/NET certificates, copies of reprints of Published articles, certificate containing the record of date of birth etc. DOCUMENTS ENCLOSED WITH THE APPLICATION MAY BE SECURELY TAGGED IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER TO AVOID LOSS IN HANDLING.
2. Incomplete application form or without signature of candidate shall summarily be rejected.
3. The period of time spent by the candidates to acquire M. Phil and /or Ph.D Degree shall not be considered as research experience.
4. Qualifications and age may be relaxed in the case of exceptionally well qualified candidates. The Institute may also consider suitable candidates who might not have applied. The position advertised may or may not be filled up. Other things being equal, preference will be given to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
5. Persons in employment should apply through the proper channel. However, they may send the advance copy of the application with testimonials to IIPA so it reaches before last date. NOC from the current employer must be produced at the time of interview, if shortlisted, in case the Application through proper channel does not reach IIPA.
6. The eligibility of the candidates will be determined on the basis of Qualifications/Experience/Publications etc. acquired by them upto the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
7. Mere possession of the minimum educational qualifications or experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for the interview. A limited number of candidates screened on the basis of qualifications and experience will be called for interview. 8. In case of selection of IIPA internal faculty, he/she will be on Deemed Deputation basis in Dr. Ambedkar Chair.
9. The duration of appointment may be extended or curtailed subject to needs and directions of Dr. Ambedkar Foundation and performance of the candidate.
10. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
11. IIPA reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate (s) at any stage in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection may be detected even after issue of appointment letter.
12. IIPA may verify the antecedents of documents submitted by a candidate at any time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has undesirable/clandestine antecedents and has suppressed the said information, his/her service shall be summarily terminated without any notice.
13. Completed applications in the prescribed form, (also available and can be downloaded from our website www.iipa.org.in supported by self attested copies of the testimonials/ certificates etc. must reach the Assistant Registrar (Administration), Room No 60, 2nd Floor, Indian Institute of Public Administration, I.P. Estate. Ring Road, New Delhi-110002 on or before 31.08.2022. Incomplete applications (or not in the prescribed form) or those received after the due date shall not be considered.