Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi Recruitment Teaching positions. Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi is an autonomous Institute setup by the MoE, Government of India, and Government of Jharkhand along with the industry partners Tata Technologies, TCS and CCL on a Public Private Partnership.
MoE, Government of India has taken up the initiative to setup 20 new Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) on a Public Private Partnership Model. A major objective in establishing IIITs is to set up a model of education which can produce best-in-class human resources in IT and harnessing the multi-dimensional facets of information technology in various domains. While the number of students produced by these IIITs would be small, the impact they create would be great. The IIIT Ranchi is funded by Government of India (50%), Government of Jharkhand (35%) and Industry Partners (15%).
The institute is managed by professionals from the area of academics and research, under the guidance of a Board of Governors of the Institute that has representatives of participating Industry partners, eminent academicians & researchers and representatives from Government. IIIT Ranchi will focus on applied research and education in IT and in selected domain areas. IIIT Ranchi will contribute significantly to the global competitiveness of key sectors of the Indian economy and industry.
IIIT Ranchi is offering the following Under graduate (UG), Post graduate (PG) and Ph. D Programmes:
- B. Tech/ B.Tech (Hons.) Computer Science and Engineering
- B. Tech/ B.Tech (Hons.) Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B. Tech ECE with specialization Embedded Systems and IoT
- B. Tech CSE with specialization Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- M. Tech in Embedded System and IoT
- M. Tech in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
The Institute is looking for dedicated, committed and research oriented Indian Nationals including persons of Indian origins and overseas citizen of India to fill up the following vacancies through Direct Recruitment in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE), Department of Mathematics and Department of Humanities/Social Sciences/Management .
- Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professor Grade – II Level-10 (On Contract):
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Grade||Level||Vacancies||No. of posts with category|
|1.||Assistant Professor (On Contract) In the Dept. of CSE||II||10||3||UR-01 EWS-01|
|2.||Assistant Professor (On Contract) In the Dept. of ECE||II||10||3||UR-01 OBC-01 SC-01|
|3.||Assistant Professor (On Contract) In the Dept. of Humanities/Social Sciences/Management||II||10||1||UR-01|
|4.||Assistant Professor (On Contract) In the Dept. of Mathematics||II||10||1||OBC – 01|
- Re-advertisement for the post of Associate Professor & Professor :
|Sl. No.||Name of the Post||Level||Vacancies||No. of posts with category|
|1.||Associate Professor in Dept. of CSE||13A2||2||UR-01 OBC-01|
|2.||Associate Professor in Dept. of ECE||13A2||2||UR-02|
|3.||Professor in Dept. of CSE||14A||2||UR-02|
|4.||Professor in Dept. of ECE||14A||2||UR-01 OBC-01|
NOTE: Candidates applied for the post of Associate Professor and Professor in the Dept. of CSE & ECE against the advertisement no. IIITR/RG/2021/561 dated 14/12/2021 can update their application form. Such candidates/applicants (Associate Professors and Professor for ECE and CSE only) can send their updated application form without attaching any application fee by speed post or registered post to the office of Registrar, IIIT Ranchi referring their last application fee payment proof.
B. Prescribe Minimum Qualification and Experience for Faculty posts in IIIT (Under four-tier flexible faculty structure):
|Designation and Pay band and Academic Grade Pay /Pay Level||Essential Qualification||Relevant Experience||Other Essential Requirements||Additional Desirable Requirements|
|Assistant Professor Grade – II (On Contract) PB-3 with Grade Pay of Rs 6000/- + 07 additional non- compounded increments. Level –10 as per 7th CPC and be placed at Rs 70900||Ph.D.||None||None||One publication in an SCI Journal|
|Designation, Pay Band and Academic Grade Pay||Essential Qualification||Essential Requirements||Cumulative Essential Credit Points|
|Associate Professor Pay Band-4 with Grade Pay of Rs.9500 with a minimum pay of Rs.42800||Ph.D||Six years after Ph.D. of which at least three years at the level of Assistant Professor with Academic Grade Pay of Rs.8000. Or Nine years total||50|
|working experience, of|
|which three years|
|should be after Ph.D.,|
|with at least three years|
|at the level of Assistant|
|Academic Grade Pay of|
|Designation, Pay Band and Academic Grade Pay||Essential Qualification||Essential Requirements||Cumulative Essential Credit Points|
|Professor Pay Band-4 with Grade Pay of Rs.10500 with minimum pay of Rs.48000||Ph.D||Ten years after Ph.D. or thirteen years total working experience, out of which Seven years should be after Ph.D. At least three years at the level of Associate Professor with Academic Grade Pay of Rs.9500 or four years at the level of Associate Professor with Academic Grade Pay of Rs.9000 or Combination of Rs.9000 and Rs.9500 or equivalent in an Institution of repute or Research & Development lab or relevant industry.||80|
B1: Assistant Professor Grade –II Level-10 (On Contract) applicants must have:
|Name of the Department||Relevant Experience||Educational Qualifications|
|Computer Science and Engineering||None||B. Tech in Computer Science Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent degree for Department of Computer Science Engineering & M. Tech or equivalent degree in the relevant field & Ph.D awarded in the relevant field with consistently good academic record throughout.|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||None||B. Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering or equivalent degrees for ECE. & M. Tech or equivalent degree in the relevant field & Ph.D awarded in the relevant field with consistently good academic record throughout. Desirable: Expertise in smart sensors, IoT and related field so as to teach and guide projects for B.Tech (H) and M.Tech in ES &IoT.|
|Humanities/Management/ Social Sciences||None||First Class in Masters’ Degree with Ph.D. in relevant branch/discipline. Desirable: The faculty members should have the expertise and experience to engage following courses: Ethics and Human Values, Management Concepts and Organizational Behavior, Entrepreneurship Development, Professional Communication Skills, Foreign Language.|
|Mathematics||None||First Class in Masters’ Degree with Ph.D. in Mathematics. Desirable: The faculty members should have the expertise and experience to engage following courses: Calculus and Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Complex variable, Real analysis & Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Combinatory and Graph Theory, Numerical Methods and Scientific Computing.|
Note: For both the departments (CSE and ECE) candidates having PhD degree after B Tech/B.E will also be considered. Candidates must have first class in the preceding degrees i.e. both in B Tech/ B.E and M Tech/M.E. degrees.
B2: Associate Professor And Professor applicants must have:
- For Associate Professor/ Professor in the department of CSE:
B. Tech/B. E. in Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology or equivalent degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology.
M. Tech/M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology
or equivalent degree in the relevant field of Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology.
Ph.D in the relevant field
- For Associate Professor/ Professor in the department of ECE:
B. Tech/B.E. in Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
M. Tech/M.E in Electronics & Communication Engineering or equivalent degree in the relevant field of Electronics & Communication Engineering.
Ph.D. in the relevant field.
Note I: Reservation for candidates will be applicable as per GOI norms.
Note II: This advertisement is governed by four-tier flexible faculty structure in the IIIT.
Note III: The Institute reserves the right to modify / defer or cancel full / part of the advertisement / recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reasons.
Area of Specialization/Subjects: Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi
The following areas of specialization/subjects shall be acceptable:
|Sr. No||Department||Area of Specialization / Subject|
|1.||Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Technology||CSE: Specialization in IoT, Cloud Computing, Theoretical Computer science, Advance computer algorithm, High Performance Computing, data Mining, Artificial Intelligence and data science, Pattern recognition, computer Vision, Machine Learning, deep learning, Computer Architecture, Operating System Software engineering, Cyber security, Cryptography and Cyber physical systems.|
|2.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||ECE: Specialization in Communication System, Optical Communication, Photonics Microelectronics, Applied Electronics, Instrumentation and Control, Embedded System & IoT, Energy System and Technologies, VSLI Design, Microwave Engineering, RF-MEMS, Signal processing, Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Wireless Communication, Wireless Networks, Renewable Energy.|
- Age Limit:
Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptionally brilliant research career and with on-going or approved externally funded research project.
- Application Fees:
- The Application Fees shall be as under:
Assistant Professor Grade – II Level-10 (On Contract)
|Sl. No.||Category||Application Fees|
Associate Professor & Professor
|Sl. No.||Category||Application Fees|
- The Application Fees shall be payable through Demand Draft drawn in favor of “Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi” and payable at Namkum, Ranchi.
- Candidates are required to write his/her name, contact number and the post applied for on back side of the Demand Draft, and must attached it with the prescribed application form. The Application Fee is non-refundable
General Information & Instructions: Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi
- All recruitment and pay-fixation shall be done by the Board of Governors (BoG) of the Institute only on the recommendations of duly constituted Selection Committees. The decision of the Appointing Authority shall be final. There shall be no scope of fixing of altering pay (Pay in pay-band or grade pay) outside the Selection Committee. The selection committee shall be the only entity empowered to consider the past services and qualifications of a candidate.
- Probation period for Associate Professor and Professor is one year. There is no probation period for Assistant Professor (G-II) level – 10
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any/all application(s) without citing any reason at any stage of processing.
- The Institute reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of posts to be filled.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the Interview.
- The applications are to be submitted in hard copies and only in the prescribed format available at the institute website.
- The Application Form shall not be supplied on request. The candidates are advised to download the same from Institute Website. www.iiitranchi.ac.in. The copy of the application form duly signed and enclosed with the self-attested photocopies of certificates/testimonials, etc., should reach to The Registrar, Indian Institute of Information Technology Ranchi, Science & Technology Campus, Namkum, Ranchi-834010 by Speed Post/Registered Post on or before 14/07/2022 up to 5:00 PM super scribing on the cover “Application for the post of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in the Department of vide advt. no. ”.Applications will not be received in any other mode of deliveries (e.g. hand delivery). All applications which are not in prescribed form / without relevant supporting enclosures/ received after the last date / without application fees will be outrightly rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard. Interim correspondence will also not be entertained.
- Institute will not be responsible under any circumstances for any type of postal delay/loss of application form.
- Candidates serving in Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs / Universities / Centrally Funded Educational Institutions / Institutes of National Importance / Autonomous Institutions should send their applications either THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or should furnish NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the Competent Authority at the time of interview. They can, however, send advance copy of application form within specified time. Without NOC, candidate shall not be allowed to appear before the interview.
- The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect shall be the closing date for receipt of application form.
- Candidates are required to submit the formula / supporting documents for conversion of CGPA/GPA into percentage approved by the appropriate authority.
- Institute reserves the right to set higher norms/qualifications to short list the number of candidates. Mere possession of minimum eligibility qualification does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post in the prescribed application form with requisite application fees along with each application.
- Institute also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefore of.
- Names of short-listed candidates shall be displayed on the Institute website. Candidates are advised to visit the IIIT Ranchi website www.iiitranchi.ac.in regularly.
- The candidates are required to have at least one working email and mobile number which will be used during the entire selection process for communication, if required.
- The selected candidate shall be intimated through email.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- Institute shall verify the antecedents and documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or at any time during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated and legal action may be initiated against such candidates/employees.
- Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / Secondary Examination certificate will only be accepted for determining the age and no subsequent request for change will be considered or granted.
- Applicants seeking reservation benefits available for SC and ST must be in possession of the certificates in the formats prescribed by the Government of India. Also, applicants seeking reservation benefits available for OBC-NCL and EWS must be in possession of the certificates in the formats prescribed by the Government of India (Current Financial Year only) in support of their claim at the time of application.
- In case of any legal dispute regarding the recruitment, the place of jurisdiction shall be Ranchi High Court, Jharkhand (India) only.
- Canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Original Documents and Id Proof would have to be produced during the document verification process on the date of interview failing which candidate may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
26. Self- attested copies of following documents are required to be attached with the application form failing which the application shall be rejected:
- The filled in prescribed application form duly signed on all the pages.
- 10th Standard Pass Certificate and Mark sheet and 12th Standard Pass Certificate and Mark sheet.
- Graduation Mark-Sheets for all years with graduation degree certificate.
- Master’s Degree & Mark-Sheets for all semesters
- Ph.D Award Certificate / Provisional Award Certificate.
- NOC from the present employer if applicable.
- Service Certificate for all the previous employments, issued by cadre controlling authority with consisting of all the designations, pay- scales, type of employment etc.
- Valid certificate for EWS/ OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD ( whereverapplicable) issued in the current Financial Year only as per Central Government Format.
- Proof of publication in Journals/Books, etc. (First one or two pages of maximum 3 best research papers according to you published in SCI/SCIE journal can be attached with the application forms.)
- Prescribed application fee in Demand Draft.