Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country. The Council aims to:
- Review the progress of social science research and give advice to its users;
- Sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences;
- Institute and administer scholarships and fellowships for research in social sciences;
- Indicate areas in which social science research is to be promoted and adopt special measures for development of research in neglected or new areas;
- Give financial support to institutions, associations, and journals engaged in social science research;
- Arrange for technical training in research methodology and to provide guidance for research;
- Co-ordinate research activities and encourage progrmmes for interdisciplinary research;
- Develop and support centers for documentation services and supply of data;
- Organize, sponsor, and finance seminars, workshops and study groups;
- Undertake publication and assist publication of journals and books in social sciences;
Advise the Government of India on all matters pertaining to social science research as may be referred to it from time to time; and take such measures generally as may be necessary from time to time to promote social science research and its utilization.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Recruitment for Documentation Officer Post
Number of vacancies: 4 (four)
Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC: Rs. 56100-177500 Level -10
Method of Recruitment: Deputation/Short-term contract:
Educational and other qualifications required for recruitment through deputation:
Officers from Central Govt. or Autonomous Bodies or Universities who are:
(i) holding analogous post on regular basis; or holding posts in the Level – 6 in Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC with five years regular service; and possessing the following qualifications:
(1) Master’s Degree with 50% marks in any social science from the recognized University or equivalent.
(2) Degree in Library Science or equivalent qualifications.