Gurugram University Assistant Professor Recruitment on contractual basis in various disciplines.
Online applications are invited for engaging Assistant Professor on contractual basis in various disciplines (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Computer Engg, ECE, Mgt., Commerce, English, Media Studies, Public Admn, Psychology, Economics, Law, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Political Sciences, Animation & Multimedia, Physiotherapry, Neurosciences).
Detailed instructions including eligibility, selection criteria etc. alongwith the link for submission of online applications is available on the website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in w.e.f. 01.07.2022. Interested candidates may submit online application upto 23.07.2022 till 12:00 midnight.
“Any type of corrigendum / addendum / amendments / notice / updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in”
Online applications are invited from the eligible persons for direct recruitment as Assistant Professor (purely on contract basis) in the following subjects/disciplines up to July 23, 2022:
|1||Pharmaceutical Sciences||03||UR-1, SC-1, Gen(PWD)-01||10||Economics||02||BCA-1, UR-1|
|2||Computer Engg||06||UR-3, BCA-1 SC-1, EWS-1||11||Law||04||SC-1, UR-2, EWS(PWD)-1|
|3||Electronics Engg||02||UR-2||12||Physics||04||EWS-1, SC-1, UR-2|
|4||Management||06||UR-3, BCB-1, SC-1, BCA-1||13||Chemistry||03||UR-01, SC-1, Gen(ESM)-1|
|5||Commerce||04||UR-2, BCA-1 SC(ESM)-01||14||Mathematics||04||EWS-1, UR-2, SC-1|
|6||English||03||Gen(PWD)-1, UR-2||15||Pol. Science||02||UR-1, SC-1|
|7||Media Studies||03||SC-1, UR-1, BCA-1||16||Animation & Multimedia||02||UR-1, EWS-1|
|8||Public Admin||01||BCB-1||17||Physiotherapy||03||UR-1, SC-1, BCA-1|
Complete details including eligibility conditions, selection criteria and general instructions are available at University website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in. Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.250/- for SC/BC & EWS candidates of Haryana) will also be accepted online. The women candidates of Haryana domicile will pay 50% of fee. The PWD/ESM candidates are exempted from payment application fee. Interested applicants are advised to apply online through the link available on the University website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in between the opening date 01.07.2022 and closing date 23.07.2022 (12:00 midnight).
After successful submission of application form in online mode, the filled application form must be printed and signed on each page by the applicant. Such signed copy of application form along-with all supporting self-attested documents should be sent to the Deputy Registrar (Establishment), Gurugram University, Mayfield Garden, Sector-51, Gurugram (Haryana)-122003, latest by July 30, 2022.
- The Applicant must be citizen of India and must have Hindi/Sanskrit as one of the subject at matric or higher level.
- Applicants willing to apply are advised to apply online through the link available on the University website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in between the opening date 01.07.2022 and closing date 23.07.2022 (12:00 midnight).
- Applicants are advised to make sure before applying that they are indeed eligible in terms of minimum eligibility conditions and the requisite specialization attached here with, if any.
- Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rs.250/- for SC/BC & EWS candidates of Haryana) will also be accepted online. The women candidates of Haryana domicile will pay 50% of fee. The PWD/ESM candidates are exempted from payment application fee. This fee is neither refundable nor transferable/adjustable. No concession is admissible for the applicants belonging to outside Haryana.
- If any candidate wants to apply for more than one post, he/she is required to apply separately with prescribed fee for the same.
- The upper age limit is 50 years and no age relaxation is admissible.
- A candidate need to apply by filing up all the requisite fields and all the required documents will need to be uploaded/ sent along with the application form. Application not supported with required application fee, self-attested copies of certificates/ testimonials will be rejected. Incomplete applications or the applications received without the prescribed fee or received after the last date of receipt of applications will be rejected and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The University will not be responsible for any error/omission/commission/suppression of any information by the applicant knowingly/unknowingly/overtly/covertly while filling the application form and uploading the documents.
- The qualifications for respective subject/disciplines are placed at Annexure-A. The requisite qualification and relevant experience etc. for eligibility shall be determined as on the last date of receipt of application. The criteria for short-listing and further selection are placed at Annexure B.
- No document will be accepted/ considered by the University after last date of submission of application form by the candidate and no subsequent request for any change will be considered or granted. No correspondence/email/ phone will be entertained in this regard.
- All qualifications must be attained from recognized Board/Universities/Institutes. The applicants who have obtained qualifications from any Board/University/Institution declared fake or not recognized by respective regulatory bodies shall not be eligible for consideration for any of the post advertised. Qualifications obtained through distance mode are not admissible for teaching posts.
- For avoiding the doubt, it is hereby clarified that If class or division is not declared at the Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree levels, an aggregate of>=60% or equivalent cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) is to be considered as equivalent to first class.
If a Grade Point System is adopted the CGPA will be converted into equivalent marks. Provide the relevant document of conversion of CGPA into equivalent marks along with application form.
In case of integrated programme, the % of marks will be considered for both the degrees covered (UG and PG) under the programme.
- The applicants who were registered for PhD programme on or after July 11, 2009 are required to submit a valid certificate for fulfillment of UGC (minimum standard and procedure for award of PhD degree) Regulations 2009 failing which no weight-age of PhD degree will be admissible.
- The prescribed essential qualifications and experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possession of the same will not entitle any candidate to be shortlisted for written test/ teaching skill / interview. The applications will be short-listed on the criteria specified at Annexure-B. The University reserves its right to restrict the shortlisted applicants to a reasonable number. The Selection to teaching posts will be made as per specified selection criteria. The structure and syllabus of the written test will be uploaded on the University website shortly.
- The scrutiny of applications will be done on the basis of the information filled and documents uploaded by the applicants and thus remain provisional till the same gets verified. If on verification, any information/document is found to be incorrect at any stage (even after selection) the applicant will be liable for prosecution as per rules.
- The written test will be conducted for the shortlisted applicants and it will be mandatory to qualify i.e. to secure a minimum of 50% marks (47.5% for SC/ST/PWD category) in this written test to be called for Presentation/Interview.
- Applicants to be considered, especially where specializations are mentioned against any subject/discipline, will be decided by the Scrutiny Committee whose recommendations for consideration shall be final. Any claim for a given specialization must be supported with credible evidence in terms of research publications in peer reviewed Research Journals, and/or teaching experience in the relevant field/specialization to be properly certified and authenticated by the appropriate authority/Head of the Institution.
- 18. The experience will be considered only after acquiring the essential qualification. The post-doctoral experience shall be counted only if the candidate has worked on a post- doctoral fellowship of public funding agency like UGC/ICSSR etc. The Post-doctoral Experience shall be counted only for the original term provided under the relevant rules. Marks shall not be given for an extended period.
- The teachers vide this advertisement will be engaged only for one academic session on purely temporarily basis as at present no such posts exist. Further, this engagement of teachers is subject to the concurrence of the State Govt. The University reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of teachers to be engaged and to withdraw or not to engage any teacher without assigning any reason at any stage.
- a) The benefit of reservation will be given only to those (SC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ PWD/ ESM/ EWS etc) applicants who are domicile of State of Haryana.
b) The applicants seeking reservation under any category e.g. SC/BC-A/BC-B/PWD/EWS etc. are required to submit the requisite certificate issued by the Competent Authority as prescribed by the State Govt. In case of women candidates, certificate from in-laws (Husband side) will not be entertained. The benefit of reservation to the applicants belonging to Backward Class Category is to be considered strictly as per the provisions of Haryana Backward Class (Reservation in Services and Admission in Educational Institutions) Act, 2016. The applicants who have claimed such reservation are required to produce the requisite certificate along with Income certificate issued from the Competent Authority as defined vide State Govt. Notification issued from time to time.
Note- (i) The applicants of reserved categories of Haryana for which no vacancy is available/reserved, can apply for the posts in General Category, if he/she fulfils all the eligibility conditions i.e. age, qualification & experience etc. as meant for general category except fees and also attach scanned copy of his/her caste certificates for claiming fees concession. Any other relaxation will not be admissible to such applicants.
- The reserved category applicants of other States will be considered only against General Category. Such applicants should fulfill all the eligibility conditions as meant for General Category applicants.
- Only such PWD candidates who suffer 40% or more relevant disability would be eligible for reservation.
- The dependent sons/daughters of ESM will be considered against ESM category if suitable ESM applicants are not available. ESM/DESM applicants of Haryana claiming benefit will have to produce the fresh eligibility certificate from the concerned Zila Sainik Board to the effect that his/her father has not availed the benefit of re-employment in any Government Service, Public Sector undertaking including Para-Military Forces, in view of State Government instructions. Mere dependent certificate will not be entertained.
- In case no suitable applicant of EWS category found, the post reserved for same will be filled by General Category candidate.
- Concealment of facts or supply of wrong information will result in cancellation of candidature at any time in addition to legal action.
- The persons shall be appointed on Contract basis only for one Academic Session and shall be paid consolidated amount of Rs. 57,700/- per month. The appointment will be purely temporary and may be terminated at any point of time without assigning any reason.
- Any type of corrigendum/addendum/amendment/notice/updation etc. related to this advertisement shall be uploaded on University website. Further, the University will not send any further information/call letters by post/newspapers. Therefore, the candidates are advised to regularly keep on visiting the University website.
- Applicants must have a valid active personal mobile no./email ID (not to be changed till the process gets over) as the relevant information may be emailed/SMS. The University will not be responsible for non-delivery of email/sms.
- No correspondence what so ever will be entertained from the candidates regarding conduct/ result of Interview and the reason for not being called for Test/Interview.
- All the documents to be attached with the application should be self-attested with page number & details of enclosed documents should be specified otherwise the candidate will be responsible for misplace/loss of any enclosed document(s).
- All disputes will be subject to Jurisdiction of Gurugram Court only.
How to apply:
Please read the instructions carefully before applying. Applicants willing to apply are advised to apply online through the link available on the University website www.gurugramuniversity.ac.in between the opening date 01.07.2022 and closing date 23.07.2022 (12:00 midnight)
After successful submission of application form in online mode, the filled application form must be printed and signed on each page by the applicant. Such signed copy of application form along-with all supporting self-attested documents should be sent to the Deputy Registrar (Establishment), Gurugram University, Mayfield Garden, Sector-51, Gurugram (Haryana)- 122003, latest by July 30, 2022.
Annexure-A: Eligibility conditions including qualifications/experience etc.
- For Commerce, English, Economics, Media Studies, Public Administration, Psychology, Law, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Political Sciences, Neuroscience
Eligibility (A or B):
- i) A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
- The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign University/Institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
2. For Engineering & Technology: Computer & Electronics Engg.
- B.E/ B.Tech. /B. S. and M. E. /M. Tech. /M. S. or Integrated M. Tech. in relevant branch with first class or equivalent in any one of the degrees.
- Without prejudice to above, the following conditions may be considered desirable:
- Teaching, Research, Industrial and/ or professional experience in a reputed organization
- Paper presented at Conferences and/or in refereed journals.
3. For Management:
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and Master’s Degree in Business Administration / PGDM /
C.A. / ICWA/ M. Com. with First Class or equivalent and two years of professional experience after acquiring the Master’s degree.
- Teaching, research, industrial and / or professional experience in a reputed organization;
- Papers presented at Conferences and / or published in refereed journals
4. For Physiotherapy:
Bachelor Degree in Physiotherapy (B.P.T. /B.P.Th. /B.Th.P), Masters in Physiotherapy (M.P.T.
/ M.P.Th./ M.Th.P. / M.Sc. P.T.) with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from recognized University.
5. For Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- A Basic degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) and First Class Master’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Registration as a pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948, as amended from time to time, including any succeeding enactments.
- Teaching, research, industrial and /or professional experience in a reputed organization &
- Papers presented at Conferences and / or published in refereed journals.
6. For Animation & Multimedia: (A) OR (B)
- Post Graduate in Animation/Multimedia/Multimedia & Animation from a recognized University with at least 60% marks.
Desirable: 2 years relevant experience in the Animation/ Multimedia industry.
- First class M.Sc (Computer/IT)/MCA/ M.Tech from a recognized University with
- Minimum 2 years diploma/ certification in Animation/ Multimedia having at least one year relevant experience in academia/ industry. or
- Minimum 1 year diploma/ certification in Animation/ Multimedia with at least two years of relevant experience in academia/ industry.
Criteria for Short-listing/selection of applicants as Assistant Professor
|1||Graduation||80% & Above =15||60% to less than 80% = 13||55% to less than 60%= 10||45% to less than 55%= 05|
|2||Post-Graduation||80% & Above =25||60% to less than 80% = 23||55% (50% in case of SC/ST/OBC non- creamy layer/PWD) to less than 60% = 20|
|3||M.Phil||60% & above = 07||55% to less than 60%= 05|
|5||NET with JRF||07||NET- 05||SLET/SET- 03|
|6||Research Publications (2 marks for each research publications published in Peer-Reviewed or UGC-listed Journals)||10|
|7||Teaching/ Post Doctoral Experience (2 marks for one year each)||10|
|International/ National Level (Awards given by International Organizations/ Government of India/ Government of India recognized National Level Bodies)||03|
|State- Level (Awards given by State Government)||02|
However, if the period of teaching/Post-doctoral experience is less than one year then the marks shall be reduced proportionately.
Note: A) i) M.Phil + Ph.D Maximum – 30 Marks
- JRF/NET/SET Maximum – 07 Marks
- Awards category Maximum – 03 Marks
B) Number of candidates to be called for Interview shall be decided by the University
|C) Academic Score||– 80|
|Research Publications||– 10|
|Teaching Experience||– 10|
The Academic score as specified in above mentioned table shall be considered only for short-listing of the candidates. The selections shall be based on the composite score as follows:
|Domain Knowledge (50)||Teaching Skills (30)||Interview (20)||Composite Score (100)|
|To be assessed through written test||To be assessed through ppt presentation|