Different Types of Scholarships for High School/ College Students in West Bengal, Scholarships for the Class of 2023. মাধ্যমিক এবং উচ্চমাধ্যমিক পাশ ছাত্র-ছাত্রীদের জন্য বিভিন্ন ধরনের স্কলারশিপের বিবরণ নিচে দেয়া হল। সরকারি বেসরকারি দুটিই আছে। নিজেদের নম্বর পার্সেন্টেজ এবং অন্যান্য ক্রাইটেরিয়া দেখে ফিলআপ করবে।
1. নবান্ন স্কলারশিপ (Nabanna Scholarship 2022)
Nabanna scholarship scheme is an initiative by the Government of West Bengal for the students who have passed the Madhyamik (Class 10) examination or Higher Secondary (Class 12) exam or any University Examination (UG / PG).
The students who are domiciled in West Bengal and fulfil all eligibility criteria can apply for this scholarship. The main objective of the Nabanna Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the meritorious students of West Bengal every year under the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund.
Key Highlights – Nabanna Scholarship 2022
|Name of the Scholarship||Nabanna Scholarship 2022|
|Also Known as||West Bengal Chief Minister’s Relief Fund Scholarship|
|Beneficiaries||Students who are domiciles of West Bengal and have passed Class 10/12/UG/PG examinations|
|Benefits||INR 10,000 per year on current course|
|Application Timeline||Available throughout the year|
Eligibility Criteria : Nabanna Scholarship 2022
To apply for Nabanna scholarship, a student needs to fulfil the following eligibility requirements –
- The student should be a domicile of West Bengal.
- The students must have passed the last examination from any recognized Board, Council of the University of West Bengal, and continuing their study from any recognized institution in West Bengal.
- The student must have scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in aggregate in Madhyamik (Class 10) examination for +2 level.
- The student must have scored 50% and above but less than 60% marks in Higher Secondary (Class 12) examination for undergraduate level.
- The students should have scored 50% and above but less than 53% marks in Graduation for postgraduate level.
- The annual income of a student’s family should not be more than INR 1,20,000.
- The candidates must not be in receipt of any other government (central/state) scholarship or stipend for the same course or stage of study during the last year.
Application Process : Nabanna Scholarship 2022
The application process for Nabanna scholarship is offline. Students who want to apply for the scholarship scheme can follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Prepare an application on plain paper with all relevant details.
- Attach all the required documents with your application.
- Send the duly signed application with all the attested documents to –
The Assistant Secretary,
Chief Minister’s Office,
325, Sarat Chatterjee Road
Howrah – 711 102
List of Required Documents : Nabanna Scholarship 2022
While applying for the Nabanna Scholarship, the students must attach a set of documents in support of their application. These documents include –
- Photocopy of tuition/admission fees book
- Copies of mark sheets of all previously passed examinations
- Copies of rank card & allotment letter of selection committee (only for JEE or equivalent examination)
- Copy of recommendation stating monthly family income of the student from MP/MLA to the Hon’ble Chief Minister
- Self bank account details (IFSC Code, Branch Code, Branch Name, Account Number, Bank Name) with photocopy of bank passbook.
- Copy of monthly family income certificate from DM/ SDO/ BDO / Group-A Govt. Officer not below the rank of Joint B.D.O./ Deputy Commissioner of Corporation/ Executive Officer in case of Municipality
- Self-declaration of the student regarding his/her present course of study mentioning year/semester and receipt of any scholarship/aid/assistance countersigned by the head of the present institution with seal.
- Contact details with mobile number
Note: The photocopies of all the documents are required to be attested by a Group-A Government officer.
Ans. Nabanna scholarship is an initiative by the Government of West Bengal for providing financial assistance every year to the students who have passed the Class 10/12 examinations or any University examination. Refer to the above article for more details.
Ans. The Nabanna scholarship is provided by the West Bengal Chief Minister Relief Fund WBCMO. Students who have applied for the scholarship will get INR 10,000 per year for their current course.
Ans. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria for Nabanna Scholarship, you can easily apply for the scholarship offline. Prepare an application on plain paper, attach copies of required documents, and send it to the WBCMO office address by post.
2. স্বামী বিবেকানন্দ স্কলারশিপ – Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM)
The meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped in the year 2016 to cover more number of students as well as to enhance the scholarship amounts significantly.
|DIRECTORATE||COURSE||Eligibility Criteria||SCHOLARSHIP RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|DPI||UG (ARTS)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG(COMMERCE)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (SCIENCE)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|PG (ARTS)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (COMMERCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (SCIENCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||Date of Enrolment/Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
|DSE||HS||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||UG: 1. 60% 2. 60% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD for lateral entry scheme. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute institute in West Bengal||5000/-|
|DTE&T||POLYTECHNIC (DIPLOMA COURSES)||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||At least 60% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
Candidates for different categories will submit their applications online in the scholarship portal and applications i.r.o scholarship cases would be arranged in descending order (on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination apart from income/means criteria), and scholarship would be sanctioned as per the availability of fund and strictly on the basis of the merit list. fund may be transferred to the beneficiaries account if the documents are in order.
For failed transaction of scholarship money, the last date of correction at respective Directorate end is 30th June of each year for the previous financial year failed transaction as per IFMS norms.
Ans. >Yearly family income not more than Rs. 2,50,000 (Income criteria is not applicable for K3)
>Must be a domicile of West Bengal
>secured at least 75% marks in the last qualifying examination with no year gap (For School and Under Graduate applicants)
> secured at least 53% marks in Honours subjects at the Graduation level in General Education and Graduation level and at least 55% marks in Engineering courses with no year gap (For PG applicants)
>secured at least 45% marks at Graduation level in Science/Arts/Commerce stream with no year gap and valid K2 id. (For K3 applicants)
Ans. Only the sanctioned applicants of previous year are eligible to apply for Renewal.
Ans. Minority students may apply from https://www.wbmdfcscholarship.co.in/
Ans. Link to retrieve Forgot Applicant Id or Password is given on the login pop up.
Ans. If a candidate with qualifying exam board is either WBBSE or WBCHSE or WBSCT&VE&SD (for Lateral) enters wrong roll no. for last qualifying examination or the roll no in wrong format, only then shows the aforementioned alert.
Ans. If an applicant with qualifying exam board is either WBBSE or WBCHSE or WBSCT&VE&SD (for Lateral) enters his/her name which does not match with board data, only then shows the aforementioned alert.
Ans. Applicant must follow the password policy while entering the password.
>Password must contain an uppercase alphabet
>Password must contain a lowercase alphabet
>Password must contain a numeric character
>Password must contain a special character (@#$^*_)
>Password must be of at least 8 characters.
Ans. If any of the entered details (Kanyashree(K2) Id/DOB/Name/Father’s Name/Mother’s Name) does not match with Kanyashree (K2) database only then the above-mentioned alert is shown.
Ans. Photo and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format and size should be in between 20-50KB and 10-20KB respectively.