Deepak Chahar is an Indian cricketer who plays as a right-arm medium-fast bowler for the Indian national cricket team and the Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
He made his debut for the Indian cricket team in August 2018 and has since become known for his impressive swing bowling and ability to take crucial wickets in high-pressure situations.
In fact, he holds the record for the best bowling figures in a T20I match, having taken 6 wickets for just 7 runs against Bangladesh in November 2019.
Chahar was born on August 7, 1992, in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. He hails from a family of cricketers as his father, Lokendra Singh Chahar, played for Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy. Chahar started playing cricket at a young age and made his debut for Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy in 2010. He was just 18 years old at the time and impressed everyone with his swing bowling.
In 2016, Chahar was signed by the Rising Pune Supergiants in the IPL. He played just one match for the franchise and was then released ahead of the 2017 season. However, he was once again signed by a franchise in the following year as Chennai Super Kings picked him up in the 2018 IPL auction.
Chahar has also been a consistent performer in domestic cricket, representing the Rajasthan cricket team in the Ranji Trophy and the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Chahar made his international debut for India in a T20I match against England in July 2018. He took one wicket in that match and was praised for his impressive swing bowling. Chahar then made his ODI debut against Afghanistan in September 2018 but went wicketless in that match.
Chahar’s breakthrough performance came in a T20I match against Bangladesh in November 2019. He took 6 wickets for just 7 runs in that match, which are the best bowling figures in T20I cricket. Chahar’s performance helped India win the match and he was named the Player of the Match.
Since then, Chahar has become a regular member of the Indian T20I squad and has also played a few matches in the ODI format. He is known for his ability to swing the ball and take wickets in the powerplay overs, which makes him a valuable asset to the Indian team.
Deepak Chahar IPL Career
Deepak Chahar has had a successful IPL career playing for the Chennai Super Kings. He was first signed by the franchise in 2018 and has been a regular member of their squad ever since. In the IPL, Chahar is known for his ability to swing the ball and take wickets at crucial moments.
In the 2019 IPL season, Chahar played a key role in Chennai Super Kings‘ title-winning campaign. He took 22 wickets in 17 matches and was instrumental in the team’s success. He also bowled the most dot balls in the tournament, which is a testament to his accuracy and consistency.
In the 2020 IPL season, Chahar was once again a crucial member of the Chennai Super Kings squad. He took 12 wickets in 14 matches and played a key role in the team’s victories.
Overall, Chahar has taken 44 wickets in 52 IPL matches at an average of 27.22 and an economy rate of 7.69. He has been an important player for Chennai Super Kings and is considered to be one of the best swing bowlers in the tournament.
- TATA IPL 2023: Chennai Super Kings’ Strongest Playing XI For CSK vs GT Match
- Nitish Rana to captain KKR in Shreyas Iyer’s absence
- Qatar Airways Partners with Royal Challengers Bangalore
- BCCI Announces Annual Player Contracts Ahead of IPL 2023
- IPL: Revolutionizing the Indian Cricket Industry
- Indian Premier League (IPL) Winners and Runners-up List from 2008 to 2022
- TATA IPL 2023: Delhi Capitals X-factor Player
- Top 5 Fastest Bowlers in IPL 2023
- Gujarat Titans for IPL 2023: Full List of Changes
- TATA IPL 2023: Cameron Green to Harry brook 5 overseas Players debut
- IPL 2023 Opening Ceremony: Top Stars to Perform
- Why the Indian Premier League (IPL) is a Better Option for Cricket Fans Than Meaningless Bilateral ODI Series
- New Rule Changes in IPL 2023
- TATA IPL auction Unsold Indian Pacer
- TATA IPL 2023 New Rules: Different Indian Premier League 2022 from 2023
- Sisanda Magala joins Chennai Super Kings as a replacement for Kyle Jamieson
- TATA IPL Purple Cap 2023 | Most Wickets in IPL 2023
- TATA IPL Orange Cap Winners List: IPL Orange Cap 2023 | Most Runs in IPL 2023
- TATA IPL Auction 2023: IPL (Indian Premier League) 2023
- RCB Allrounder Will Jacks Ruled Out of IPL 2023 Due to Injury
- David Warner to lead Delhi Capitals in TATA IPL 2023
- IPL Schedule 2023: Jhye Richardson Likely to Miss IPL 2023 & ODI Tour of India
Deepak Chahar’s impressive performances in the IPL have not gone unnoticed as he has been awarded the ‘Emerging Player of the Year‘ award in both 2019 and 2020. He has also been included in the Indian squad for the 2021 T20 World Cup, which shows the trust the selectors have in his abilities.
FAQ : Deepak Chahar
A. Deepak Chahar is an Indian cricketer who plays as a right-arm medium-fast bowler for the Indian cricket team and Chennai Super Kings in the Indian Premier League.
A. Deepak Chahar was born on August 7, 1992, in Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India.
A. Deepak Chahar’s highest score in T20 cricket is 69 not out, which he scored for Rajasthan against Vidarbha in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy in 2019.
A. Deepak Chahar’s best bowling figures in T20 cricket are 6/7, which he took against Bangladesh in November 2019.
A. No, Deepak Chahar has not played Test cricket for India yet.
A. Deepak Chahar is a right-arm medium-fast bowler who can swing the ball both ways. He is known for his accuracy and consistency in line and length.
A. Yes, Deepak Chahar has won the ‘Emerging Player of the Year‘ award in the Indian Premier League in both 2019 and 2020.
A. Yes, Deepak Chahar has been included in the Indian squad for the 2021 T20 World Cup.