Chaudhary Charan Singh University PhD Admission Notification (JRF & NET only) 20226 min read
Chaudhary Charan Singh University PhD Admission Notification (JRF & NET only) 2022. Ph.D. Admissions Guidelines 2022-23
In accordance with the provisions of CCSU PhD Ordinance, 2022 Chaudhary
Charan Singh University, Meerut invites online applications for PhD programme in various disciplines (See Annex-A).
|Start of online Application||09.09.2022|
|Online application closes on||20.09.2022|
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED –
The candidates are required to bring following documents in original at the time of admission.
a. 10th Class Marksheet v
b. 12th Class Marksheet
c. Graduation Marksheet All years/ semester
d. Graduation Degree Certificate
e. Post Graduation Marksheet all years/ semester
£. Post Graduation Degree Certificate
: g GATE score card / NET qualified certificate.
h. EWS/OBC/SC/ST/PWD Certificate , If applicable
i. Experience Certificate, If applicable
j. Publication details, if applicable
k. Valid OBC – NCL certificate and EWS Certificate (issued by competent)
- Any other relevant documents
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION:
Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut,
1.1 The detailed information of the admission procedure will be displayed on the University website. Candidates are advised to check the University website regularly for updates.
1.2 After declaration of the merit list a copy of the list will be displayed on the University website. The candidate himself/herself will have to check his/her merit number from the merit list. The merit list will not be published in the news paper.
1.3 All fees deposited at the time of registration will not be refunded under any circumstances.
1.4 As directed by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, action will be taken against the students who indulge in incidence like ragging duringstudentship.
1.5 Those candidates who have been expelled from any University/College Institution or found guilty under Indian Penal Code are not eligible for admission to any course in the University.
1.6 All reservations would be given as per State Government policies and University guidelines.
1.7 Candidates claiming benefit of reservation shall have to produce the category certificate which could be verified through Government website.
1.8 All original certificates have to be produced at the time of admission. Photocopies or internet copies and Provisionals will not be considered.
1.9 The final scat matrix would be prepared department wise as per the Government reservation policy.
1.10 The Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates originally belonging to Uttar Pradesh will be given the benefit of reservation. Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (Non- Creamy Layer) candidates of other states will be treated as general.
1.11 All admissions are provisional. University reserves the right to cancel any admission at any stage.
1.12 In case of any matter relating to the Ph.D. Admissions, the decision of the Vice- Chancellor/Admission Committee, of the University shall be final andbinding.
1.13 Al the legal matters pertaining to the Ph.D. Admissions shall be subject to the Meerut Jurisdiction only.
Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B in’ the UGC 7-point scale for an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation DS hd layer) / Differently- abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace markprocedures.
Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil, Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to go through the admission guidelines and CCSU Ph.D. Ordinance 2020 and check his/ her eligibility at the time of application. The University will not be verifying the eligibility at the time of submission of online application by the applicant The eligibility will be verified by the University at the time of admission.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
1. Chaudhary Charan Singh University shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Test conducted at the level of the University.
2. The entrance scorc of the students who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC/CSIR NET (including JRF)/SLET/GATE teacher fellowship or any other fellowship/ scholarship (awarded by State/ Central Govt approved agencies) holder or have passed M.Phil. programme will be based on interview.
3. Sixty percent of the total vacant seats shall be filled from NET/JRF qualified students and the remaining forty percent through the university/common entrance test qualified students on the basis of Interviews conducted by the University.
4. However, in case of an unfilled vacancy in either of the category, candidates from another category can be requisitioned to fill up the vacant slots, in the order of merit and following reservation norms.
5. The University Ph.D. CET-2022 will be held in the subjects of different faculties,
6. There shall be one paper in cach subject having 100 multiple choice objective type questions including 50 questions from the concerned subject and 50 questions from Research Methodology (RM).
7. The syllabus of each subject for Ph.D, CET 2022 will be PG/NET level,
8. The syllabus of Research Methodology, will be common to all the faculties.
9. Each question will carry 01 mark. There shall be negative marking of 0.25 ‘marks for each wrong answer,
10. The duration of Ph.D, CET-2022 will be 2 hours.
1. The fee (Rs. 2500/~ for General, Ra. 2000/- for OBC/EWS/PWD, and Rs. 1500/- for SC/ST candidates) for the Ph.D. Entrance Test-2022 will be charged online while filling up the application form through e-payment, and no separate fee will be charged for the entrance test.
2. There may be multiple centres for Ph.D. CET-2022 depending on the number of applicants from nearby areas.
3. The Centre for Entrance Test will be marked on the admit card of candidates.
4. In case of any ambiguity and dispute, the decision of the Admission Committee shall be final.
MERIT LIST PREPARATION
The overall merit list would be prepared on basis of marks obtained in Entrance test/ Interview. This list would be displayed on the University’s website as well as on the departmental / Institute’s Notice Board.
If the marks secured in Entrance test/ Interview are also same, in such cases first preference will begiven to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks in post graduation examination.
If the marks secured in post graduation examination are also same, in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of marks in graduation examination.
If the marks secured in graduation are also same, in such cases first preference will be given to the candidate who secures higher percentage of ‘marks in class 12 or equivalent examination.
If the marks obtained at class 12 or equivalent examination are also same, then in that case the older candidate will be given priority.
SYLLABUS OF RESEARCH METHODOLOGY FOR Ph.D. ENTRANCE TEST-2022
Unit-I: Research Aptitude
« Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post- positvistic approach to research. + Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
« StepsofResearch. + Thesisand Articlewriting:Formatandstylesofreferencing.
« ApplicationofiCTinresearch. « Researchethics.