Central University of Jammu Admission to PhD Progamme for session 2022-23. Online applications (link available on the University website www.cujammu.ac.in) are invited from the eligible candidates for admission to Ph.D. degree programme in different disciplines in the Central University of Jammu for the session 2022-23 under exempted category (for NET qualified/appeared candidates).
Eligibility Criteria: Central University of Jammu Admission to PhD Progamme
Master’s Degree with 55% marks or equivalent grade in the UGC 7-point scale from a recognised University in the subject concerned or allied subject to be determined by Board of Studies concerned or a professional degree with 55% marks declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by corresponding statutory regulatory body and must have qualified National Eligibility Test (NET); or
Master’s Degree with 60% marks equivalent grade in the subject concerned or allied subject to be determined by Board of Studies concerned or a professional degree with 60% marks declared equivalent to the Master’s Degree by corresponding statutory regulatory body and must have appeared in National Eligibility Tests (NET) conducted during last four years (i.e. not before June 2018).
An equivalent degree from a foreign educational institution or accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation agencies which is approved / recognised by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) or authorised by an authority established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standard of educational institutions or as may be determined by the Academic Council, shall also be eligible to apply for admission to the Ph.D. programme in the University provided he / she fulfils the eligibility conditions laid down above.
A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 60% to 55%, or an equivalent relaxation of the grade, may be allowed for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non – creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of scholars as per the decision of the UGC notified from time to time or for those who had obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
The eligibility marks of 60% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including grace marks.
Details of Seats and Essential qualification
|S. No.||Degree Name||Programme (Subject) Name||Essential qualification||Seats|
|1||Ph.D.||Computer Science & Information Technology||Master’s Degree in the relevant subject (M. Tech. /M.E. (Computer Science or IT), MCA, M.Sc. (IT), M.Sc. (Computer Science)) from a recognized University||04|
|2||Ph.D.||Education||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject (M.Ed./M.A. Education), from a recognized university with dissertation as one of the courses completed during Master Degree||05|
|3||Ph.D.||Mathematics||Master’s Degree in the concerned/allied subject from a recognized University||01|
|4||Ph.D.||Social Work||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University.||04|
|5||Ph.D.||Human Resource Management||MBA from a recognized University||01|
|6||Ph.D.||Tourism and Travel Management||MBA (MTTM/MTA/M.A in Tourism) from a recognized University||01|
|7||Ph.D.||Business Administration||MBA from a recognized University||03|
|8||Ph.D.||Material Sciences and Technology||Master’s Degree in the concerned / allied subject from the recognized University||02|
|9||Ph.D.||Physics||Master’s Degree in the concerned / allied subject from the recognized University||04|
|10||Ph.D.||Chemistry||Master’s Degree in the concerned / allied subject from the recognized University||05|
|11||Ph.D.||Botany||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University||01|
|12||Ph.D.||Hindi||MA Hindi from a recognized University||08|
|13||Ph.D.||Marketing Management||MBA from a recognized University||05|
|14||Ph.D.||National Security Studies||Master’s Degree in the concerned/allied subject, from the recognized University||03|
|15||Ph.D.||English||Master’s Degree in the concerned / allied subject from the recognized University||04|
|16||Ph.D.||Economics||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University||02|
|17||Ph.D.||Biotechnology||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University.||02|
|18||Ph.D.||Zoology||Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from a recognized University.||06|
*The number of seats may change depending on the availability of faculty/specialization.
Mode of selection Procedure for Admission
- Only those candidates who have appeared in NET / GATE (for engineering programs) examination will be considered for admission to Ph.D. programme. The score obtained by the scholars in NET / GATE (for engineering programs) will be considered for determining the merit of the candidate for admission. In case of courses (except engineering courses), if the candidates with both NET & GATE examinations are available, in that case the preference will be given to the candidates who have qualified the NET examination.
- The distribution of weightages to different components for determining the merit shall be as under:
|Score for JRF/NET/GATE* applicants||Research proposal presentation & Interview|
· *JRF/NET/GATE qualified candidates will be given 70 marks.
- *Candidates who have not qualified NET will be given marks on pro-rata basis out of 70 marks. (For example, if a candidate who have not qualified NET but score 80 marks in NET exam will be given score as ( 𝟖𝟎 𝟐𝟎𝟎× 𝟕𝟎 = 𝟐𝟖) i.e. ( 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐨𝐛𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐄𝐓 × 𝟕𝟎).
𝐌𝐚𝐱𝐢𝐦𝐮𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐍𝐄𝐓
- The final selection shall be made on the basis of composite marks (as mentioned above) awarded by the Committee. The list will be prepared merit wise, category wise depending upon the availability of the seats notified in each Department / Centre.
- The decision of the committee determining merit based on formula suggested shall be binding on candidate.
Note: There will be no entrance test.
- Reservation of Seats in Admission
- The University shall follow reservation in admission as per GOI reservation policy as mandated under the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation of Seats) Act 2006, the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 and The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 as amended from time to time.
- Accordingly, the University shall reserve seats for admission to Ph.D degree programme(s) in different disciplines in the University as under :
|i.||Scheduled Caste (SC) Category||15.0%|
|ii.||Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category||7.5%|
|iii.||Other Backward Classes (OBC) Category – Non- creamy layer||27.0%|
|iv.||*Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||5.0%|
|v.||EWS (Economically Weaker Section)||10%|
- Persons suffering from not less than forty per cent (40%) of any disability as certified by a competent medical authority would be considered for admission under PWD category.
- The candidates applying under the reserved categories shall need to submit the category Certificates (SC / ST / OBC Non-Creamy Layer Certificate/ EWS/ PWD) issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of submission of Application Form and produce the same in original for verification at the time of admission/registration. Non-Creamy Layer certificate should not have been issued earlier than six (6) months from the date of registration.
- If a candidate in any reserved category qualifies for admission in the general category, she/he shall be treated as a general category candidate. If sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for Scheduled Tribes, these may be filled up by suitable candidates from Scheduled Castes and vice-versa. If sufficient number of candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for OBCs, these may be filled up by suitable candidates from General Category.
- Explanation: For the purpose of calculation of number of seats under a reserved category, fraction of 0.5 or more shall be taken as one seat and fraction of less than 0.5 shall be ignored. Candidates seeking admission under reserved categories shall be required to fulfil the prescribed conditions of admission criteria of the Programme of Study offered by the University.
Completion of Admission Formalities
- A candidate shall be considered as admitted to a Programme of Study and be eligible to be bonafide student of the University only after he/she has completed all the required formalities for admission including payment of the prescribed fees. If a candidate fails to complete the admission formalities by the prescribed date, he/she will automatically forfeit his/her right for admission. List of provisional selected candidates shall be displayed on the University Website. No intimation to the selected candidates will be sent by post.
- The candidates shall be required to get their admissions completed by the dates as notified by the University from time to time and the candidates are advised to remain in touch with the University website www.cujammu.ac.in and other Admission related website that may be launched by the University (students are advised to be in regular touch with University website www.cujammu.ac.in for further updates).
- The candidates shall be required to produce original documents against their candidature for verification at the time of final admission in the respective Department/Centre.
- In case of a candidate who is already in employment, No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer clearly mentioning that the employer has no objection in the candidate’s selection/admission for pursuing higher education in the respective discipline/Programme of study in the Central University of Jammu on regular basis. Such candidate (s) will be considered for admission only on production of a certificate from the employer that he/she has been granted leave for the prescribed duration in the University.
- In case of a gap between the qualifying examination and the year seeking admission in the University, the candidate shall be required to submit an undertaking indicating the reasons for such gap and the activities in which he/she was engaged during the intervening period.
- Only those candidates whose results of the qualifying examination is clear in all respects on the last date prescribed for admission in the University will be considered for admission to the Programme of Study.
- Each candidate admitted for the Programme of study shall be required to submit his/her Migration Certificate in original within the prescribed time frame failing which his/her admission in the University shall stand cancelled.
- Degrees obtained through distance education mode and off- shore campus/study centre will be valid only if they are issued in accordance with relevant regulations, guidelines and instructions issued by the Distance Education Council, UGC, AICTE &AIU.
Important Dates : Central University of Jammu Admission to PhD Progamme
|S. No||Admission Activity||Date|
|1.||Start date of submission of online application form||9th May, 2022|
|2.||Closing date of submission of online application form||23rd May, 2022|
- Fee for Submission of Application Form
|S. No||Category (s) as per Central Govt. List||Fee (in Rupees)|
Note: Registration Fee is Non-Refundable
- Submission of Application Form & Documents
- The online application form for admission to Ph.D. programme in different Departments/Centres/Disciplines is available on the University website www.cujammu.ac.in. The eligible candidates may visit the University website and submit the online application form.
- The candidates shall be required to upload/submit the following documents along with online application form.
- Masterꞌs degree final mark sheet and Certificate
- NET/NET-JRG/GATE Certificate (CSIR/DBT/ICMR/UGC)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
1. Only NET qualified/appeared candidates can apply
2. Candidates who have appeared NET examination have to fill score secured in NET examination. If a candidate has given NET examination three times since June 2018, he can fill his/her best score.
3. There will be no entrance test.
|Start date of submission of online application form||09-05-2022|
|Closing date of submission of online application form||23-05-2022|
Email: [email protected]
For queries related to Ph.D. Admissions
Dr. Suram Singh
Controller of Examination (I/c)
For queries regarding Online Form submission
Sh. Udit Mahajan