Call of Applications for Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship (NE States). Last date for receiving the application has been extended to 30.04.2022.
To commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and to celebrate the 75 years of India’s Independence (Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav), Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) invites research proposals from scholars of North-Eastern States of India for Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship (NE States) for conducting full time research on themes and issues of national and social importance.
About Indian Council of Social Science Research
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country. The Council aims to:
- Review the progress of social science research and give advice to its users;
- Sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences;
- Institute and administer scholarships and fellowships for research in social sciences;
- Indicate areas in which social science research is to be promoted and adopt special measures for development of research in neglected or new areas;
- Give financial support to institutions, associations, and journals engaged in social science research;
- Arrange for technical training in research methodology and to provide guidance for research;
- Co-ordinate research activities and encourage progrmmes for interdisciplinary research;
- Develop and support centers for documentation services and supply of data;
- Organize, sponsor, and finance seminars, workshops and study groups;
- Undertake publication and assist publication of journals and books in social sciences;
Advise the Government of India on all matters pertaining to social science research as may be referred to it from time to time; and take such measures generally as may be necessary from time to time to promote social science research and its utilization.
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Senior Fellowship
There are two Fellowships with the duration of two years.
It carries amount of Rs.45,000/- per month with contingency grant of Rs.40,000/- per annum. Please note that it offers only regular fellowship and not salary protection. For other terms & conditions of the fellowship please see the Guidelines available on ICSSR’s website for Senior Fellowship link http://icssr.org/senior-fellowships.
Softcopy of the duly filled in application form along with relevant attachments may be sent through email on [email protected] and hard copy of the same to be sent to the Incharge, RFS Division, ICSSR, JNU Institutional Area, New Delhi – 110 067.
The last date of receiving the application 15.02.2022.
Note: Last date for receiving the application has been extended to 30.04.2022.