CALL FOR RESEARCH PROPOSALS FOR FELLOWSHIPS UNDER “HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (HRD) SCHEME FOR HEALTH RESEARCH” OF DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH RESEARCH IN THE EMERGING FIELDS OF MEDICAL/CLINICAL/HEALTH SCIENCES FOR THE YEAR 2021-22
Call For Research Proposals For Fellowships
The Human Resource Development (HRD) Scheme aims to provide advanced training in India to medical and health research personnel in cutting edge research related to medicine and health for creating trained human resources for carrying out advanced research activities.
For the year 2021-22, the online research proposals are invited for:
1. Long Term/Short Term Fellowship for training in Indian Institutes
2. Fellowship Programme for Young Scientists
3. Fellowship Programme for Women Scientists
4. Support to Institute for imparting training in identified areas
5. Research grant and fellowship to encourage Health Research Personnel [Non-resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)] serving abroad, to come back to India for undertaking research in identified areas Objectives:
1. To increase the overall availability of trained personnel for health research from medical colleges across the country through scholarships, fellowships and career advancement scheme etc.
for faculty and young medical doctors and other scientists to take up medical and health research as a career.
2. To focus on the creation of a cadre of trained medical/health researchers in specific identified priority areas of health research viz.,
- Clinical Trials;
- Good Clinical Practices (GCP);
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP);
- Quality Control (QC) & Quality Assurance (QA);
- Genomics; Proteomics;
- Clinical Psychology, Geriatrics;
- Modern Biology;
- Stem Cells;
- Drugs chemistry; and
- Operational Research etc.
3. To create, support, nurture and encourage the trainees from these medical colleges etc.
to forge linkages with other scientists from universities, research institutes etc.
to develop multidisciplinary and multi-sectoral teams necessary for addressing critical national and local health problems.
4. To establish suitable online teaching and learning facilities to facilitate training in health research in various subjects in a more effective manner and for promoting biomedical/health research. How to submit a proposal:
1. The full length research proposals may be submitted online be submitted w.r.t.
the advertisements published in leading newspapers on 24.09.2021 and uploaded on the websites of DHR & ICMR.
Government of India Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Department of Health Research 2 nd Floor, Indian Red Cross Society Building 1, Red Cross Road, New Delhi – 110001.
- Details of the eligibility, terms & conditions and guidelines of the scheme are available on https://dhr.gov.in/ at https://dhr.gov.in/sites/default/files/HRD%20-%20Revised%20Guidelines.pdf and format of application is available on https://dhrschemes.icmr.org.in
- Last minute request for extension of the due date w.r.t. any technical issue will not be considered.
- All projects involving research on human beings/animals must be cleared by the Human Ethics Committee/ Animal Ethics Committee of the respective institute. For details, please visit https://dhr.gov.in/ and https://dhrschemes.icmr.org.in
Deadline for submission of full length proposal: 10.11.2021 (5:00 PM) For scheme/call for proposals related queries:
Contact: Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, New Delhi
Telephone No. : 011-23736216
For website/online submission related queries:
Contact: Technical Team, ICMR Headquarters, New Delhi
Telephone No. : 011-26589571
Email: [email protected]