Advertisement for Admission to the Ph.D. (Tech) Program of the Department of Radio Physics and Electronics. Calcutta University Ph.D. (Tech) Program Admission – Department of Radio Physics and Electronics.
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. (Tech) program of the Department of Radio Physics and Electronics, University of Calcutta. The candidates are advised to apply in the prescribed application form to the Head of the Department and send it to the email ids: [email protected], [email protected].
The last date for accepting application form is December 31, 2020.
A maximum of 28 (Twenty Eight) Ph. D. students may be accommodated if found suitable, with reservations as per West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act 2013.
The allocation of the supervisors will be finalized by the Department (see CU website link for the areas on which research is carried out in this department). Candidates having an M.Sc. / 4-year B.E. / B.Tech. / post-B.Sc 3 year B.Tech degree will have to appear in an online written admission test followed by an online interview.
Candidates having M.Tech / M.Phil degrees or who have cleared NET / GATE / SLET / SET / equivalent examinations need not appear in the online written test and are entitled directly to appear in the online interview.
List of eligible candidates for online written examination will be conveyed via email by 5h January, 2021.
A one-hour online written examination (‘Mode of examination’ mentioned in the next page) will be held on January15, 2021 at 01:00 pm. The question will be in the form of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) based on fundamentals of physics, mathematics, electronics and communication. Declaration of the results of the online written examination will be conveyed via email by January 19, 2021
The online interview of eligible candidates will be held on January 29, 2021 from 12:00 noon onwards.
Notification of selected candidates for enrolment in the Ph.D. program of Radio Physics and Electronics will be displayed in the departmental notice board and will be communicated through email.
Application form is attached along with this advertisement. Please see below.
* Related to Application Form:
o Your email ID should include a Gmail ID.
o Self-attested photocopies of all relevant testimonials [e.g. Birth Certificate, Certificate if belonging to SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PC, Final marksheets and certificates of B.Tech. and M.Tech. (if applicable), Evidence (if any) of qualifying NET / GATE / SLET / SET / equivalent examinations] must be submitted by the candidate along with the application form. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
* THIS ADMISSION DOES NOT IMPLY ANY FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO THE SELECTED CANDIDATES.
Mode of examination:
1. Online written test will be held on Google Classroom created by the department. Candidates should provide a Gmail ID and join the Google classroom with their full name.
2. Candidates should join the Google Classroom 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the written test. The video as well as the audio of all the candidates should remain ON during the entire examination process, otherwise his/her candidature may be cancelled.
3. The link of the question paper (MCQ) will be given in the Google Classroom two (2) minutes before the scheduled time of written examination.
Advertisement and Application Form Information here.