Birla Institute of Technology & Science, (BITS Pilani) is an Institution declared as Institution of Eminence Deemed to be University under Sec. 3 of the UGC Act and features in the world map as a renowned science and technology institute. BITS Pilani has campuses in Pilani, Dubai, Goa and Hyderabad. Please find attached herewith the Recruitment Notification for the following position at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus.
Read More: West Bengal Health Recruitment Board Recruitment 2022: Director of Ayurveda, LECTURER, Public Analyst, General Service, Laboratory Assistant, Homoeopathic Pharmacist, WBMES; Assistant Professor & Other Posts
Job Description: Birla Institute of Technology & Science, (BITS Pilani) Recruitment
|Post/Job Title||Assistant Librarian – Grade I, Academic level- 11 A|
|Job Type||Regular, Full time|
|Reporting to||Dean Administration|
|Will also work very closely with||Internal: Faculty, Staff and Students|
|No. of positions & Job Location||One Position in Hyderabad Campus|
|Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities||• Develop and implement policies and procedures w.r.t. use of library facilities, resources, equipment, and services, and provide information with all stakeholders.|
• Review and evaluate resource material, such as book reviews and catalogues, in order to select and order print, audio- visual, and electronic resources.
• Code, classify, and catalogue books, publications, films, audio- visual aids, and other library materials based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
• Locate unusual or unique information in response to specific requests.
• Train and develop the team member on library operation such as receiving, shelving, researching, cataloguing, and equipment use.
• Develop information access aids such as indexes and annotated bibliographies, web pages, electronic pathfinders, and on-line tutorials.
• Compile lists of overdue materials, and notify borrowers that their materials are overdue.
• Design information storage and retrieval systems, and develop procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information.
• Develop and index databases that provide information for library users.
• Negotiate contracts for library services, materials, and equipment.
Collect and organize books, pamphlets, manuscripts, and other materials in specific fields, such as rare books, genealogy, or music.
• Perform public relations work for the library, such as giving televised book reviews and community talks.
• Respond to customer complaints, taking action as necessary
• Organize collections of books, publications, documents, audio-visual aids, and other reference materials for convenient access.
• Confer with faculty, parents, and community organizations to develop, plan, and conduct programs in reading, viewing, and communication skills.
|Other Skill and Ability Requirements||• Proficient in MS Office, familiarity with the use of databases and relevant programs applicable for the role.|
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Team working and management skills
|Qualification and Personal Profile||• Master’s Degree in Library Science/ Information Science/ Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 60% marks.|
• Six years of experience as Assistant Librarian in similar kind of Institutions.
|Remuneration||• Suitable candidate will be placed as Assistant Librarian – Grade I at Level 11A with entry pay of Rs. 68,900/- per month plus DA, and other benefits as per Institute Norms.|
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Ability to operate a computer with working knowledge of MS Office and relevant programs applicable to the role.
Procedure for Application:
• These positions are open for both internal and external candidates. We request you to refer suitable candidates for the above positions.
• Internal candidates are requested to submit the application along with a letter justifying their suitability for the position duly forwarded by their Reporting Officers to HR Manager.
• External candidates may send their applications directly to [email protected] with details of the Position applied in the subject.
• Last date to submit the applications to the HR Manager is May 05, 2022.