Banaras Hindu University Recruitment Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in Various Discipline. Banaras Hindu University, Applications are invited in online mode from Indian Citizens as well as non-Indian Citizens besides the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders under section 7A in the Citizenship Act 1955 for various Teaching post(s) to be filled-up through direct recruitment.
Banaras Hindu University, established by Bharat Ratna Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya in 1916, with 5 Institutes, 16 Faculties, 136 departments and several advanced centres of studies is providing opportunity to its faculty and students to do interdisciplinary research.
In addition Indian Institute of Technology (BHU) is also housed in the same campus and the faculty members of BHU can do collaborative research with its faculty members.
The University has a Central Discovery Centre where sophisticated equipments have been housed to conduct advanced research. Since the starting of National Institutional Ranking Framework (NI RF), the university stood at 3rd rank among universities.
Ranked among 600-800 top institutions of world, the University is striving to become one of the top 500 institutions of the world and for this the University got Institution of Eminence status from Govt. of India with a grant of Rs. 1000 crores.
The University is looking for bright candidates with research aptitude for the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in various disciplines.
Applications are invited in online mode from Indian Citizens as well as non-Indian Citizens besides the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders under section 7A in the Citizenship Act 1955 for various Teaching post(s) to be filled-up through direct recruitment.
The University is permitted to appoint foreign nationals/Persons of Indian Origin/Overseas Indian Citizens also, who have pursued their studies in top 500 ranked world institutions, on up to 25% of positions. For them higher pay can be offered as per Institutions of Eminence rules.
Last Date for Online submission of Application form and Application Fee payment : 13.06.2022 upto 5:00 p.m.
Last date for submission of hard copy (downloaded application form) along with the enclosures: 15.06.2022 upto 5.00 p.m.
A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 1000/- through online from the candidates of UR , EWSs & OBCs categories. No application fee for SCs, STs, & PwBDs category candidates and women & transgender candidates.
The application fee is to be paid through the payment gateway in online application through Internet Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
Banaras Hindu University Recruitment
|Name of the post||Post Codes||Academic Level||Pay Matrix||Name of the post||Post Codes||Academic Level||Pay Matrix|
|Professor||10196 to 10199||Academic Level–14||Rs. 1,44,200 (1,44,200 – 2,18,200)||Assistant Professor||30532 to 30535||Academic Level–10||Rs. 57,700 (57,700 – 1,82,400)|
|Associate Professor||20224, 20293 to 20297||Academic Level-13-A||Rs. 1,31,400 (1,31,400 – 2,17,100)|
|Department||Post Code||Name of the Post with Specialization||UR||EWSs||SC||ST||OBC||PwBDs|
|Department of Veterinary Extension||30532||Assistant Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Gynaecology & Obstetrics||10196||Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Surgery & Radiology||20293||Associate Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Medicine||10197||Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Microbiology||10198||Professor (Veterinary Microbiology)||1|
|Department of Veterinary Pathology||20295||Associate Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology||20296||Associate Professor||1|
|Department of Veterinary Parasitology||30534||Assistant Professor||1|
|Department of Livestock||30535||Assistant Professor||1*|
|product technology||10199||Professor (Veterinary Medicine)||1|
|Unit of Veterinary Clinical Complex (VCC)||20297||Associate Professor (Veterinary Gynaecology )||1|
UR= Unreserved, EWSs= Economically Weaker Sections , SCs = Scheduled Castes, STs = Scheduled Tribes, OBCs =
Other Backward Classes, PwBDs = Persons with Benchmark Disabilities.
* The post advertised under the following post code is reserved for the types of Differently abled person.
For post Codes: 30535 – LD [OL, AAV, Dw , LC (OL)]
Sub-Category for PwBDs: (C) LD=Locomotor Disabilities: OA=One Arm, BA=Both Arms, OAL=One Arm and One Leg, BLA=Both Legs & Arms, OL=One Leg, BL=Both Leg, LC= Leprosy Cured, Dw= Dwarfism, AAV=Acid Attack Victims;
Backlog vacancies for the teaching posts:
For the post of Professor: (Post Code: 10196 ST-1), (Post Code : 10197 OBC-1),
For the post of Associate Professor: (Post Code: 20224 OBC-1), (Post Code: 20293 ST-1),(Post Code: 20293 SC-1), (Post Code: 20294 SC-1), (Post Code: 20295 ST-1), (Post Code: 20296 SC-1), (Post Code: 20297 OBC-1)
For the post of Assistant Professor: (Post Code: 30534 ST-1), (Post Code: 30535 PwBDs-1)
NOTE: Those candidates who have applied against earlier Rolling Advt. No.01/2020-2021 against the Post Code:- 20224 may apply afresh through online / update their application form and need not to pay the application fee.:
Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, RGSC, Barkachha, Mirzapur.
E.Q.: For Post Code(s)
|10196 to 10199||A recognized veterinary qualification included in the first and second schedule in Indian Veterinary Council Act; 1984 & must be registered with a State Veterinary Council/Veterinary Council of India.B.V.Sc. & A.H. (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry) with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale.Master degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in a point scale.Ph.D. in concerned/relevant discipline andA minimum of 10 years of experience in Teaching/Research/Extension in educational or research Institute of which at least 3 years should be as Associate Professor (Rs. 12000-18300) (pre-revised) or in an equivalent position excluding the period spent for doing Ph.D. degree.Evidence of contribution to Teaching/Research/ Extension as supported by published work/innovations.|
E.Q.: For Post Code(s)
|20224, 20293 to 20297||A recognized veterinary qualification included in the first and second schedule in Indian Veterinary Council Act; 1984 & must be registered with a State Veterinary Council/Veterinary Council of India.B.V.Sc. & A.H. (Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry) with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale.Master degree in the concerned discipline e with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in a point scale.Ph.D. in the concerned/ relevant discipline with consistently good academic record.A minimum of 8 years’ of experience in relevant subject as Research Scientist/ Assistant Professor/Lecturer/Extension specialist or in equivalent position in the Pre-revised pay scale of Rs. 8000- 13500 excluding period spent in obtaining Ph.D. degree.Evidence of contribution to Teaching/Research/ Extension as evidenced by published work/innovations.|
E.Q.: For Post Code(s)
|Post Code||Essential Qualification|
|30532 to 30535||(i). (1)Recognized veterinary qualifications included in the first and second schedule in Indian Veterinary Council Act; 1984 & must be registered with a State Veterinary Council/Veterinary Council of India. (2) B.V.Sc. & A.H. with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the point scale. (3) Master degree in the concerned discipline with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed with consistently good academic record (4) For the candidates having Master degree, NET shall remain compulsory along with one publication in NAAS rated refereed journal. For recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor and equivalent in the disciplines in which NET is conducted, essentiality of NET can be waived off for the candidates holding Ph.D. degree, provided it has been done with course work as prescribed by the UGC Regulations 2009,and the candidate has at least two full length publications having a NAAS rating not less than 4, on the last date of submission of application . Those candidates with Ph.D. degree without course work will not qualify for NET exemption.(As per ICAR order No.23(46)/2010- EQR(Edn.)Dated Dec.26, 2011), (ii).Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) for Lecturer/Assistant Professor conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET. (iii). Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii), candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or the subsequent Regulations if notified by the UGC, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities /Colleges /Institutions. “Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bylaws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:- Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;Candidate has made at least two presentations in conferences/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D work. (a) to (e) as above are to be certified by the Vice-Chancellor/Pro-Vice-Chancellor/Dean(Academic Affairs)/Dean(University instructions).” (iv). NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.|
General Instructions to the Candidates
- Banaras Hindu University is following the qualification in accordance with UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) Regulations, 2018 and Gazette notification dated 11.10.2021 regarding the Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor with effect from 01.07.2023; the essential qualification as prescribed by Indian Veterinary Council Act 1984 (registered with a State Veterinary Council /Veterinary Council of India) and its amendments from time to time.
- For Assistant Professors : The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3A) shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview as prescribed in the UGC Regulations, 2018.
- For Associate Professors and Professors: The Short listing of the candidates shall be governed based on Academic and Research score as prescribed under Appendix-II (Table 2) as per UGC Regulations 2018 and Part B of short listing guidelines of BHU available on BHU website.
- A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders, who have
obtained their Master‟s Degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
- The composite rolling advertisement will remain alive all the time and will be updated every time when a new vacancy is created or when the earlier advertised positions are filled up by selection. The prospective applicants, therefore, can apply anytime during year, but the applications will be processed after the cutoff dates indicated before hand on the website.
- There shall be two cutoff dates in a calendar year, 6 months apart. The applications received till the cutoff date shall be processed further for shortlisting and conduct of selection committee. The vacancies available, for which applications are under process, will be so indicated on the website and they will be deleted from the website, only when they are filled up. The selection process of the applications received till one cutoff date shall generally be completed before the subsequent cutoff date.
- Online mode of submission of applications shall be essential. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess atleast the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
- Applicants shall first register on the Recruitment & Assessment Cell portal on the BHU website, after which, they can fill up the prescribed online application form. Separate applications shall be submitted for different positions.
- Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure that you have the following: A scanned copy of photograph, signature, caste/tribe/community certificate (if any), educational qualifications and experience related documents in JPEG/JPG format, digital copies of publications for uploading. The photograph should not exceed 50 kb and other documents should not exceed 100 kb.
- While filling the online application, if the browser closes unexpectedly or if the candidate is logged out, he/she may use the login information sent to his/her email to login again.
- Please ensure to enter all your research publications and other Academic/Research contributions in the online application. Only the information entered in the online applications form will be taken into account for deciding eligibility and/or shortlisting. Uploading digital copies of publications is essential. Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application complete.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
- There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on „Save‟ button to save the information and move to the next tab. After filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his/her application. Please note that you cannot make any changes after submitting the application form.
- In case of any technical problems, please send an email to [email protected]
- On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link for paying application fee and after the Payment the candidate may download a PDF of the application, which he/she will have to print and send to BHU after signing it and having it forwarded by his/her employer, if any, enclosing therewith the copies of the relevant certificates and documents, so as to reach BHU by the last date mentioned at Clause no. 34 of General Instructions.
- Submission of printout of the PDF duly signed along with all enclosures is mandatory without which the applications may not be considered for further processing. Candidates must send self-attested copies of certificates, mark-sheets from matriculation (10th Standard) onwards in support of the qualifications, reprints of publications
and certificates in support of their research score claimed for the post along with the hard copy of the application form.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview. Applicants having higher qualification and merit will be given preference. Good Academic Record for all teaching positions shall be as defined in the BHU Ordinances.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent to 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized University shall also be considered eligible.
- Candidates belonging to SCs/STs/OBCs/EWSs/PwBDs category should submit proper caste/tribe/community certificate as per the proforma prescribed by the Govt. of India.
- Any corrigendum/ changes/ updates related to the recruitment process shall be available on official website of the University www.bhu.ac.in/rac.
- Relaxations and concessions for SCs/STs/OBCs will be applicable in accordance with reservation policy of the GoI/MoE/UGC and subsequent clarification/directives issued from time to time to this effect.
- The eligibility of an applicant shall be determined in accordance with the UGC Regulations, 2018 and its subsequent amendments and/or in accordance with the relevant regulations of concerned Regulatory bodies.
- Appendix II, Table 2 and Table 3(A) printed on page no. 105 and 107 of the UGC (Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and other Measures for the Maintenance of Standards in Higher Education) Regulations, 2018 is available on BHU website i.e. www.bhu.ac.in/rac.
- Academic/Research Score will be used only to shortlist the applications. Selection will be based on performance of candidate in the interview.
- For teaching positions short-listing shall be done as per guidelines approved by Executive Council of the University which may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
- The Ordinances governing the procedure to be followed by the Selection Committee may be seen on the portal of the Recruitment & Assessment Cell on the BHU website.
- The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedent/ background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to SC/ST/OBC/EWSs/PwBDs as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel the appointment without any communication made to the candidate. However under the hazardous situation, the above conditions may be relaxed.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
- Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a “No Objection Certificate” from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- No interim correspondence shall be entertained.
- Hard Copy of the application along with all enclosures should be sent by SPEED POST only to “the Office of the Registrar, (Recruitment & Assessment Cell), Holkar House, BHU, Varanasi – 221005.” The post Code & Post Name should be super scribed on the envelope. Only one application should be sent in one envelope.
- The hard copy should be posted/submitted on the next working day after the date of submission of online application.
- The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of hardcopy of the downloaded application form i.e., 15.06.2022.
The details of the posts, essential qualifications, general instructions to the candidates etc. may be seen on the
‘Recruitment Portal’ of our website www.bhu.ac.in/rac .
NIRF Rank-3 among Universities Category Since 2016 Rolling Advt. No – 01/2021- 2022-Teaching post(s) Faculty of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi South Campus Barkachha, Mirzapur