Army School Teachers Recruitment 2022: Army Welfare Education Society, AWES has invited applications from candidates to apply for Teacher posts. Eligible candidates who want to apply for PGT, TGT and PRT posts can register online through the official site of AWES on awesindia.com.
The online registration process will begin on August 25, 2022 and will end on October 5, 2022. Candidates can check important dates, selection process and other details.
Important Dates : Army School Teachers Recruitment 2022
- Opening date of application: August 25, 2022
- Closing date of application: October 5, 2022
- Availability of admit card: October 20, 2022
- Examination: November 5 and 6, 2022
- Publication of result: November 20, 2022
Eligibility Criteria : Army School Teachers Recruitment 2022
- PGT, TGT: B.Ed
- PRT: Two-year D.El.Ed./B.El.Ed. OR candidates with B.Ed. can also apply with fulfillment of the condition of six-month PDPET/Bridge Course from an NCTE recognized institute as and when NCTE approves any institution to conduct the said course within two years of recruitment as PRT or beginning of the course whichever is later
Educational/Professional Qualification: –
|Ser No||Post||Education||Aggregate %||Professional||Aggregate %|
|3.||PRT||Graduation||50**||Two-year D.El.Ed./B.El.Ed. OR candidates with B.Ed. can also apply with fulfillment of the condition of six-month PDPET/Bridge Course from an NCTE recognized institute as and when NCTE approves any institution to conduct the said course within two years of recruitment as PRT or beginning of the course whichever is later.||50|
- In addition to the minimum aggregate percentage mentioned in the table above a candidate should have scored no less than 50% marks in each of the subjects in which they have graduated/ post- graduated. The detailed mark sheets will be scrutinized during the interview.
(ii) *A Post-Graduate with less than 50% aggregate marks in Graduation can also apply for the post of a TGT provided the candidate has scored a minimum of 50% or more aggregate marks in Post- Graduation.
- ** A Post-Graduate with less than 50% aggregate marks in Graduation can also apply for the post of a PRT provided the candidate has scored a minimum of 50% or more aggregate marks in Post- Graduation.
(iv) CTET/TET is not mandatory for appearing in the Online Screening Test. However, CTET/TET conducted by Centre/state government is mandatory at the time of appointment as TGTs/PRTs in the REGULAR and FIXED TERM category. Therefore, candidates must ensure that they clear CTET/TET before their appointment as TGTs/PRTs. Candidates who have not qualified CTET/TET but found fit in all other aspects may be considered for appointment on vacancies which may be ADHOC in nature till attainment of appropriate qualification.
- Candidates are required to ensure that they at least fulfill NCTE rules, regulations and notifications for minimum qualifications, KV Sangathan recruitment rules and regulations and Appendix- VII of CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws 2018 before they register for OST.
(vi) Aggregate percentage will be based on the marks for the entire duration of Graduation/Post Graduation.
Detailed list of minimum qualifications for candidates in addition to the above is given at ANNEXURE 3.
Age and Experience Criteria
(a) Age and experience criteria for candidate seeking Regular and Fixed Term employment in Army Public Schools is as given below;-
|Ser. No.||Candidate’s Profile||Age as on 01 April 2023||Minimum Experience|
|1.||Fresh Candidates||Below 40 years||No Experience|
|2.||Experienced Candidates||Below 57 years||Minimum 5 years’ experience in the appropriate category in the last 10 years^^|
Note: ^^Appropriate Category: For example: For PGT category the candidate should have worked as PGT/TGT for at least 5 years in the last 10 years for all candidates. Experience gained as PRT in the same period shall not be counted for appointment as PGT. For the post of TGT, experience gained as PRT shall however be accepted.
The selection process will comprise of online screening test, interview and evaluation of teaching skills and computer proficiency. This test shall be conducted centrally and on-line by an agency identified by HQ AWES, to ensure uniform quality of teachers in all Army Public Schools. For more related details candidates can check the official site of AWES.
- The selection of teachers will be carried out in three stages: –
- Stage 1-Online Screening Test (OST). An `Online Screening Test’ will be conducted on 05 and 06 November 2022, for vacancies that would arise during the Academic Year 2023-24. This test shall be conducted centrally and on-line by an agency identified by HQ AWES, to ensure uniform quality of teachers inall Army Public Schools. THOSE WHO APPEAR IN THE EXAMINATION WILL BE GIVEN A SCORE CARD WHICH SHALL BE VALID FOR LIFE PROVIDED THE CANDIDATE PICKS UP A TEACHING JOB WITHIN THREE YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PASSING THE ONLINE SCREENING TEST IN ANY CBSE AFFILIATEDSCHOOL FOR A CONTINUOUS DURATION OF AT LEAST ONE YEAR. A Score Card will make a candidate eligible to appear for the remaining stages of the selection process. In addition to fresh candidates, the following may also appear for the Online Screening Test: –
- Holders of Score Cards who want to improve their scores.
- Those desirous of upgrading themselves. For E.g., candidates holding Score Card of TGT may now want to obtain a card for PGT, having acquired additional qualification.
Note: PLEASE NOTE THAT HOLDING A SCORE CARD BY ITSELF DOES NOT ENTITLE A CANDIDATE FOR AN APPOINTMENT AS TEACHER IN ANY ARMY PUBLIC SCHOOL. IT ONLY RENDERS THE CANDIDATE ELIGIBLE FOR STAGE 2 AND 3 OF THE SELECTION PROCESSES.
- Stage 2: Interview.
- As enumerated in Para 2 above, respective schools shall announce the vacancies available in their schools through various means like Local Newspapers, the School Website, Notice board etc. Candidates would have to apply in response to these announcements/ advertisements. The interviews may or may not be held at the location of the school. It may be held as per discretion of the local management at a convenient place at one of the other Schools.
- Call for Interview by the Selection Board. Candidates who apply for the post of Regular teacher are interviewed by a ‘Central Selection Board’ (CSB). These boards are ordered by the ‘Chairman Board of Administration’ at the six Command Head Quarters. Similarly, candidates who apply for the post of a teacher under ‘Fixed Term’ employment are interviewed by a Local Selection Board (LSB) which are ordered by the Local Military Authority. Both selection boards ie, CSB and LSB (after due approval from the Board of Administration) will lay down the cut off percentile for candidates who would be called for the interview depending upon the number of vacancies available and location of employment. The cut off percentile may vary from school to school.
- Stage 3: Evaluation of Teaching Skills and Computer Proficiency. For Language teachers, written test comprising Essay & Comprehension of 15 marks each will be held along with evaluation of teaching skills. Selection Committee may also hold computer proficiency tests if they so desire.
- Stages 2 and 3 will be held in tandem under the aegis of Board of Administration at HQ Command/School Management.
(ii). The interview shall be for a Group of Schools called a cluster and the selected candidate for ONLY THE REGULAR CATEGORY may be appointed in any one of the schools in that cluster. Cluster wise list of all Army Public Schools is given at ANNEXURE 1.
- Authorities conducting the Interview may carry out additional screening of candidates if the number of candidates is large and administratively unmanageable.
(iv). Candidates who receive a letter of offer of appointment for the post of a teacher in any category are required to get a police verification certificate at the earliest and in no case later than 30 days from date of joining. Spouses of serving Army, Navy and Air Force personnel will get verification of their antecedents from the Commanding Officer/ Formation Commander/ Station Commander of the establishment where their spouses are serving.