AICTE and UGC present National Inter-college Crossword Expedition 2022 (NICE 22).
Format of the Contest: AICTE and UGC present National Inter-college Crossword Expedition 2022
1. NICE 2022 is a national-level inter-college three-stage contest to be conducted in a hybrid online-offline mode.
2. It is open to all college/university students.
3. Any bonafide student of a Higher Education Institute in India, recognised by UGC/AICTE, is eligible to participate.
4. Stage I is a Student/Institution Round to be played in an online format.
5. All students of institutions registered with UGC and AICTE are invited to participate and called upon to solve a set of cryptic clues with hints.
6. A set of 10 clues will be posted every Sunday at 10.30 am, starting 3rd April 2022 and the 4th and the last weekly round taking place on April 24, 2022.
7. The top two performers from each institute will form a two-member team for representing their institute .
8. Stage II comprises Zonal Rounds in an offline format to be conducted at designated host institutes in select cities for five zones: North, South, West, East and Northeast
9. The rounds will have a preliminary pen-paper format involving 50 top teams in each zone, culminating in an onstage final between six highest scoring teams.
10. In Stage III, three top teams from each zone advance to the offline onstage National Grand Finale to be held in New Delhi.
11. The organizers may give wild card entries to some comparable teams, for the purpose of symmetry, in the National Grand Finale.
12. All students who want to be part of the contest will have to register themselves, free of cost, on www.crypticsingh.com
13. The registration begins on the site March 15, 2022.
14. The website will be the hosting platform for the online round in Stage I
15. A practice online round is to be conducted on the website at 10.30 am on 2nd April 2022 as a familiarisation exercise ahead of the start of the contest.
16. Students willing to participate in NICE 22 are advised to visit the website regularly for updates and key announcements vis-à-vis the contest.
17. At all stages of the contest and in all matters arising out of the same, the final word lies with the organisers Extra-C.
GUIDELINES FOR NICE-22
1. It is open to all college/university students.
2. Eligible students may Register for the contest on www.crypticsingh.com
3. Username and password will appear on your screen after successful registration and will be sent to you via email. Use the log-in credentials sent to you for all the online rounds.
4. The rounds will involve solving 10 crossword clues which will be posted at 1030 Hours IST on every Sunday from 3rd April 2022 to 24th April 2022 on www.crypticsingh.com under the head or android app NICE-22.
5. You will be required to submit your solutions by 1700 Hours IST on the same day.
6. A practice online round will be conducted on the website at 1030 Hours on 2nd April 2022 as a familiarisation exercise ahead of the start of the contest
7. The person with the fastest all correct solutions will be awarded 1000 points. The scores will move in a descending order based on the time taken and correctness of the solutions.
8. A Leaderboard of the leading persons will be created for every Round. Leaderboard for every Round shall be posted on nice.crypticsingh.com.
9. A cumulative total score of all the persons for the Online Clue Rounds will be used for the Final Leaderboard after the Online Rounds.
10. The decision of the organizing team would be final.
11. For any query mail us to [email protected]