Advertisement for Research Eligibility Test- 2022 (RET-2022) for Admission to PhD (Science) Program (RET) in Electronic Science, University of Calcutta.
Applications are invited for admission to the Ph.D. (Science) Program in the Department of Electronic Science. Candidates willing to pursue the research work leading subsequently to Ph.D. (Science) degree in Electronic Science of the University of Calcutta should apply in the prescribed proforma.
The duly filled in application form along with the receipt of deposition of application fee of INR100/- in cash to be deposited in any cash counter of the University of Calcutta by challan, endorsed by the Head of the Department or through online by click at https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm and the self-certified copy of relevant mark-sheets/certificates is to be submitted to the office of the Head of the Department of Electronic Science at the above address.
Candidates must have M. Sc. degree in Electronic Science / Physics with at least 55% marks in aggregate; or an M.E. / M. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering or equivalent degree with 60% marks in aggregate. A relaxation of 5% marks may be allowed for the reserved categories candidates.
The eligible candidates will have to appear at a written examination to be held in the Department of Electronic Science, the details of which are appended below. Successful candidates will have to appear for an interview.
The final selection for enrolling the Ph.D. (Science) Program of this Department, along with the allocation of supervisor, will be made on the basis of this interview.
Candidates who have already qualified UGC-CSIR(JRF)/NET/GATE/SLET/SET/M. Phil. M. Tech./M. E. or equivalent examinations or have INSPIRE/Teacher Fellowship, are exempted from appearing for the written test and may directly appear at the interview.
At the time of interview, all the candidates must submit a one-page Research Proposal.
The details about the admission to the proposed program are given below:
- Last date for Submission of Application: 16/08/2022.
- Date of publication of the list of candidates eligible for written test: 23/08/2022.
- Date of Admission Test (Written): 29/08/2022.
- Duration of Written Test: One hour; Full Marks for Written Test: 150; and Question Pattern: Multiple Choice Questions (Qualifying Marks: 50% for UR candidates, 45% for OBC candidates and 35% for the SC/ST candidates).
- Date of publication of the list of successful candidates eligible for interview: 06/09/2022.
(result will be displayed on the notice board of the Department of Electronic Science and the University of Calcutta website).
- Date and time of Interview: 09/09/2022.
- The list of successful candidates will be displayed on the notice board of the Department of Electronic Science and the University of Calcutta website.
- Venue of Admission Test and Interview: Department of Electronic Science, Meghnad Saha Bhavan, 92, A. P. C. Road, Kolkata – 700 009.
- Maximum No. of Ph.D. Students to be admitted (subject to the above admission criteria): 12 Reservation norms will be followed as per the West Bengal State Higher Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Rules.
- Syllabus: Topics covered in B.Sc. (Honours) and M.Sc. courses in Electronic Science with good emphasis on Electronics and Physics.
The list of successful candidates called for interview on the basis of entrance test and other exemption criteria and that of finally selected candidates will be displayed in the Department notice board and the University website.
No separate call letter will be issued and no TA/DA is admissible for appearing at the test/interview. There is no provision for departmental scholarship for pursuing the research work.